Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

I will try to take some pics this weekend. I don't have any pure Drury's or Sakic's around... I have a couple of Lidstroms and Zetterberg Pro's from the Warrior customizer.

After using the curve, it is fairly amazing in my opinion! It reminds me most of a slightly less open Lidstrom with a lower lie (and more rocker). Although I don't have any P106's left laying around, I would say that is the closest curve. The W12 is likely a bit deeper than the P106 and has a different toe shape as well. Unlike the Drury and Lidstrom's, the W12 opens up closer to the toe rather than the heel/mid like the others do.

I have only played one game with it and was obviously transitioning to the new stick - but the overall package of DT2 and W12 was to my liking. My goalie even asked me what I changed since he said the puck looked different to him (especially on wristers).

I found that wrist shots took little adjusting to. Slap shots and one timers were a bit off at the start, but I started to get the hang of it. Passing was not affected at all. I am transitioning from custom Dolomites and a much stiffer flex (115 vs 100).

Although I hate to compare one stick to another when talking Dagger Tech, I would say (in terms of how a stick flexes) that the DT2 is most comparable to an S19 (in a lighter flex). Just how it felt to me in how the stick "works".

I am overall fairly happy with the DT2 after the first use. The small/round shape was not too hard to adjust to, although I would prefer something beefier.... The feel was decent, although I did not receive any hard passes to really get a opinion of it.

Awesome, thanks for the details! Any pics of the W12 would be appreciated, next to a Lidstrom or a Zetterberg pro would be great. Does it have a square toe like the Lidstrom?

Another great example of customer service by Warrior. Had a minor issue with my DT1 and Keith responded almost instantaneously with someone that could help me with a replacement. Thanks again!

Mods, I apologize for the image size, I'm a rookie at image posting!

IMG_3700.jpg

Kovalev curve on the left, W12 on the right.

IMG_3701.jpg

W12 on top, Kovalev on bottom.

Sort of, except the Mission Ribeiro was a bit shorter. When matching up the W12 with the TPS Morrow, it is almost a clone except the W12 is a lower lie and the toe is not as square. Maybe later I will post a picture of them side by side. The W12 is nothing like a Bauer P106 IMHO.

Keith, I am interested in the DT3's after using my DT1, more so for the money savings. I see that is has the D-Lite blade, which is the same that was used on the Widow last year that had blade issues (or so people claimed). Was the durability fixed or is it the same exact blade?

Mods, I apologize for the image size, I'm a rookie at image posting!

Kovalev curve on the left, W12 on the right.

W12 on top, Kovalev on bottom.

Awesome, thanks for posting! It does look a fair bit like a Kovalev/Drury with the tip of the blade chopped off, but a bit deeper with a slightly lower lie. Is it actually more open than the Kovalev, or is that just the angle the photo is taken at?

I'd say that the W12 and Kovalev are open about the same amount. The top picture was taken with the blades as flat as possible for a more accurate comparison. In other words, the W12 was held lower since it has a lower lie. The bottom picture was taken with the shafts parallel to one another, so the lies are not parallel.

The Diablo SE's were actually not that expensive as one of the stores had "unadvertised specials."

Just out of curiosity, any plans down the track to release se versions in different colors like what was done with the widow? Kovalchuk's blue and red version looks really good.

W88 is a P88 clone..

Correctamundo.

WS_BladeImage_zetterberg.jpg

DT1 > Widow in every aspect. Best stick they've made yet. Go try it out!

I would say this without the intention of speaking in hyperbole... It is the very best research, testing, materials, design and strategy we've put behind any product. May not mean much from such a young company, but it has every resource we have behind it.

Probably a nice segue into this new program that gives any player the chance to try a Covert without the risk.

I've heard it before, $200+ sticks are tough to "try", you've spent all that money and you don't even know if you're going to like it. Same for flex, or pattern etc...Warrior thought it would be great to give everyone a chance.

visit warrior.com

CovertBBG.png