Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

That's a confusing answer. Does it mean January, February, March 2013 or November/December 2013? In other words, the winter of 2012/2013 or 2013/14? Or even more simply, early 2013 or late 2013? And where did you hear this from, a dealer, a rep?

Probably early 2013, Warrior said this on there Facebook page when somebody asked a question about when the DT1 will be available for customization.

Probably early 2013, Warrior said this on there Facebook page when somebody asked a question about when the DT1 will be available for customization.

Thanks for the clarification.

I just read through the Warrior Facebook page and saw that the person who responded, "Winter 2013" on November 27th at 1:16am, wasn't someone who works for Warrior. Based on the picture that shows up when you click his name he played Midget hockey last year...so I wouldn't take that answer to heart unless you were referring to a different post where someone from Warrior provided the answer. When Miseaujeu or someone else who works for Warrior at the corporate level posts an estimated timeline I'll believe it.

With that said, I hope the guy on Facebook happens to be right as I'd love to have the option of getting a DT1 with a Smyth curve sooner rather than later.

I just read through the Warrior Facebook page and saw that the person who responded, "Winter 2013" on November 27th at 1:16am, wasn't someone who works for Warrior. Based on the picture that shows up when you click his name he played Midget hockey last year...so I wouldn't take that answer to heart unless you were referring to a different post where someone from Warrior provided the answer. When Miseaujeu or someone else who works for Warrior at the corporate level posts an estimated timeline I'll believe it.

With that said, I hope the guy on Facebook happens to be right as I'd love to have the option of getting a DT1 with a Smyth curve sooner rather than later.

It was a while ago that Warrior said it on a different post.

Same here. Looking to try the DT1 with the Zetterberg pro curve.

Can someone tell me how the dt1 flex is compared to an 87 flex APX?

Softer,stiffer, about the same?

Can someone tell me how the dt1 flex is compared to an 87 flex APX?

Softer,stiffer, about the same?

sorry I meant to say how an 85 flex DT1 is compared to an 87 flex APX .....

Depends on how much you might cut the APX. I'd used an uncut Bauer APX 87 flex and I would say the DT1 85 flex cut to the same height is whippier thru the taper than the Bauer.

Depends on how much you might cut the APX. I'd used an uncut Bauer APX 87 flex and I would say the DT1 85 flex cut to the same height is whippier thru the taper than the Bauer.

cool thanks for that noodle. I cut my sticks about 2 inches.

Anybody have to make adjustments with the dt-1? I'm using same flex 75 and curve zetterberg as my widow. Snappers and wristers are all going over the net. Slappers are good. Like it so far. Just did one stick and shoot so far with it.

Just wanted to chime in again as I have gotten more use with my DT1. This is the best stick I have used since the XN10. The release of this stick is the real highlight of it. It is just so quick and smooth. You can really feel the shaft load up. Shots are going exactly where I want them to go with a lot of zip. The blade is still holding up great as well, which is a huge improvement over my Diablo which lasted 2 games before the blade delaminated. I will be buying another one for sure when this one breaks. Kudos to Warrior. I will do a full review once I have had the stick a bit longer, but as of right now, it gets a 10/10

I'm very impressed with the new twig. The retail DT1 is one thing but the custom pro stock sticks are even better. The retail DT1 has done very well at my shop, especially with the bigger guys because they do not have cut the stick down at all. One of private schools that I work with has a prep team and handful of kids from Canada on it. They love the DT1, the feel, the snap and the quick release. I have done 18 custom pro sticks for the kids and they all love them. I had one kid that only used Bauer, decided to give a retail DT1 a try and never looked back. He decided to order 3 custom pro stock DT1's, we bulit them like a Nexus. He ordered 3 more a week later. I also ordered 3 pro stocks for myself. Warrior has really stepped their game up. The best Warrior stick I have used.

How many of those custom DT1's were built to the true retail specs though? It's kind of hard to say something about one model if it's really something else. You mentioned the one guy had it made up to have a similar flex profile to a Nexus stick. That's like me saying that I really like an RS because I used an SE16 that was painted like the RS or the APX is awesome because it was really a TotalOne underneath.

Just curious to see how many didn't make flex profile, etc... modifications to the sticks because that will give a better idea of how people are liking the true DT1. I know you mentioned the retail aspect but I was just wondering about the custom ones.

I only difference that I have seen is in the blades. The pro blade is a step up from retail model. The retail model has been upgraded from years pasts.I should have explained things better. 6 sticks were made as retail spec just with the pro blade with shark skin. We never messed the flex profile just the specs such as grip, flex, height, etc.... The flex profile is the same as on the retail model, or what they use on the pro stock sticks.

Order 1: 6 Sticks retail spec DT1, 85 Flex, Right, Shark Skin blade, Kopitar curve

Order 2: 6 Sticks DT1, 60", 85 flex, right, smooth shaft, grip, shark skin blade, Kopitar curve

Order 3: 3 Sticks DT1, 60", 75 flex, right, diamond texture, velvet grip, shark skin blade, retail Smyth curve

Order 4: 3 Sticks DT1, 63", 85 flex, left, smooth shaft, grip, shark skin blade, kopitar blade

What would 85 flex do for me vs 75? I mostly take snappers and wristers. Lifting shots isn't an issue. A lot of times I actually put it over the net with snap shots. I have a 75 flex cut down to about 56 inches. Thinking about staying with the zetterberg but going to a 85 flex. This is with the dt1

My favorite are the comments on the facebook page about that picture.

''The stupidity in this thread is astounding''. Looks at avatar.. MSH guy. :laugh:

Well done.

haha just noticed that one. I'm sure this has been brought up before, but can a company paint another companies stick?

It does not happen

Can someone compare the DT3 to last years widow construction and performance wise? I can get the Widow and the DT3 for the same price at the moment (College student here). Was the blade durability fixed? I am using the DT1 right now and love it. Will I notice a huge difference between the DT1 and the DT3?

I would get the Widows on discount, but I am worried about the blades after my Diablo lasted 2 games.

I really like the sounds of this stick, but its so hard to justify the 300 dollar price tag here in canada.

You should check out the DT3. It has many of the same features as the DT1, but for much less the cost.

Can someone compare the DT3 to last years widow construction and performance wise? I can get the Widow and the DT3 for the same price at the moment (College student here). Was the blade durability fixed? I am using the DT1 right now and love it. Will I notice a huge difference between the DT1 and the DT3?

I would get the Widows on discount, but I am worried about the blades after my Diablo lasted 2 games.

I answered this question via PM to Kovy, but thought it could be good info for the whole group.

The DT3 sits at a very precarious price level. Most sticks on closeout from the year before (ex. Widow) drop to approx $149 or below. So, for a "new model stick" to compete with pro level sticks on closeout, makes it very difficult to compete.

Knowing this, we put extra features in the DT3 to make it more viable in this fragile price level market condition. The DT3 this year has many of the same features of the DT1 like; Dagger Taper Flex Profile, True1 construction and Diamond Grip Texture. Also have many of the durability features we added to DT1 but in "lite" form; Unispar, DLite core. Unique features like 3K and amazing balance also help to make this stick feel like a $200+ stick. All these features, and the continued progress of composite development/manufacturing efficiencies, are making these mid-price sticks better and better every year. In some cases better than "pro" sticks in the past.

Sorry for the long rant. I love me some DT3.