Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

For those that have used both Bauer and DT1 sticks.....how much of a flex difference did you notice between an 87 flex Bauer vs an 85flex DT1? For example how much more "noodle like" did the DT1 feel vs the Bauer? And would you recommend going up to 100 flex in the DT1?

I just went from a One95 102 flex to a DT1 85. I just felt like trying something different. Wasnt a huge issue for me, but its only been one game

I picked up a DT1 a couple weeks back and used it about 8 times now.

I never thought I'd say this (as I love my bauer sticks) but IMO, i find that the DT1 outperforms

Both APX and T1 NXG in every category outside of durability (haven't used DT1 long enough to comment on durability yet).

Really liking How my shots fly off the stick! A standing O to warrior hockey!

My DT1 with Burrows pattern went back to Warrior today. While I liked the "pop" the stick had when shooting, I could not get use to the super hard blade. In my trial, I found the hard blade added durability but gave up feel in the process. Being a set-up man, having good feel in the blade is important to me. I also have to admit I am a loyal Vanek/P89 user so going to a different curve took some effort to get comfortable with. I use to use the Sakic pattern and in hindsight, I probably should have taken the Kopitar. I think I would have transitioned easier to the Kopitar since I used it before than the Burrows which I've never used. When the DT1 is available thru the customizer, I will think long and hard about ordering a stick with the Vanek pattern. I'm sure with a little more time and my favorite pattern being on the end of the stick I can make the transition to the DT1.

Mike

I could not get use to the super hard blade. In my trial, I found the hard blade added durability but gave up feel in the process.

It's impossible to make everyone happy. For what it's worth, the matte blade on my custom widow feels softer than my retail widow. I'm not sure if that will carry over with the DT1 though.

Completely agree Chadd. I really believe if the stick had a Vanek curve on it I would have locked my TO P89 away and stuck it out with the DT1.

Completely agree Chadd. I really believe if the stick had a Vanek curve on it I would have locked my TO P89 away and stuck it out with the DT1.

If you order a custom Widow right now, it has all the guts of a DT1. DT1 construction + Vanek curve...lock away that TO.

If you order a custom Widow right now, it has all the guts of a DT1. DT1 construction + Vanek curve...lock away that TO.

??? Is this correct? The custom Widow is actually a DT1?

If it's not labeled Covert, would it still come with the return policy? Or is that even an option for custom sticks?

Yes it's correct.

And I highly doubt the custom sticks are under the Built better guarantee.

If it's not labeled Covert, would it still come with the return policy? Or is that even an option for custom sticks?

All custom sticks ordered right now under the Widow option on mywarriorhockey.com are DT1 construction and materials. New blade, shaft construction etc... You can't get DT1 graphics on it, but be confident that you are getting the very latest stick construction-wise.

Built Better does not apply to Custom Sticks.

Can I ask why the lidstrom curve isn't offered here? I love everything about this stick except the burrows curve I had to settle for

Another happy DT1 customer here!

As a smaller guy with a low stance I'd been using a kopitar/P92 pattern with a lie of 5 or 6. Wasn't really getting much out if my shots

Made a change to the W14 Chara pattern (lie 4) & cut my stick a little shorter & I found my shot again.

Is it me or is the DT1 longer than usual? I had to cut a good few inches off mine compared to my TO & Dolomites

Miseaujeu,

When will the DT1 graphics become available on the customizer. I've been leaning towards picking up a stick off the customizer to use the Zetterberg Pro pattern, but I like the DT1 graphics over the Widow, so if it's coming relatively soon, I'd wait.

Miseaujeu,

When will the DT1 graphics become available on the customizer.

Summer 2013 according to previous posts from Miseaujeu.

And to Miseaujeu, what does the Dolomite option on the customizer currently consist of? Is it the same construction as the '11 Dolo?

Summer 2013 according to previous posts from Miseaujeu.

And to Miseaujeu, what does the Dolomite option on the customizer currently consist of? Is it the same construction as the '11 Dolo?

Thanks for the clarification on customizer launch. As a side; it is easier to make the construction change at the factory than to make all the changes to roll-out graphics on the actual customer-facing customizer.

Dolo '11 is the current construction on the customizer. It will transition to Dynasty AX2 construction in April.

Can I ask why the lidstrom curve isn't offered here? I love everything about this stick except the burrows curve I had to settle for

WOuld this be available with the customizer then?

Loving my Kopitar 75 DT1 so far. I do find the blade a bit harder feeling, but I think the durability seems better and the shots fly off this baby. Puck feel is great for me despite the harder blade. Balance is second only to the APX and just barely. Warrior is right there with the top manufacturers in the game. Maybe tops right now.

WOuld this be available with the customizer then?

YES!! Lidstrom Pattern is available on the Customizer.

Loving my Kopitar 75 DT1 so far. I do find the blade a bit harder feeling, but I think the durability seems better and the shots fly off this baby. Puck feel is great for me despite the harder blade. Balance is second only to the APX and just barely. Warrior is right there with the top manufacturers in the game. Maybe tops right now.

That's great to hear. Thanks for the feedback. Very happy you are satisfied with the performance.

After using Bauer/Easton for ever I ventured over to the Warrior DT1 (Kopitar curve) and used it for the first time tonight. I think this easily just became one of my favorite sticks and considering the Kopitar is just a Sakic curve but with a lower lie is perfect for me. I compared it to the 5 lie on my Easton S19 and it was about the same but that might just be for that pattern (for people wanting to know differentials between a Warrior and Easton lie).

I was scared at first because I've heard durability issues with the Warrior sticks but I wanted to try out the new blade. Will definitely get another one as a backup.

After using Bauer/Easton for ever I ventured over to the Warrior DT1 (Kopitar curve) and used it for the first time tonight. I think this easily just became one of my favorite sticks and considering the Kopitar is just a Sakic curve but with a lower lie is perfect for me. I compared it to the 5 lie on my Easton S19 and it was about the same but that might just be for that pattern (for people wanting to know differentials between a Warrior and Easton lie).

I was scared at first because I've heard durability issues with the Warrior sticks but I wanted to try out the new blade. Will definitely get another one as a backup.

The Kopitar and Sakic have the same lie, regardless of what Warrior/Easton list the lie as. From what I remember the Kopitar has the tiniest bit less toe curve, but otherwise they're more or less identical (I have a Kopitar in front of me, as well as some other Sakic clones, but no actual Easton Sakic at the moment).

AFAIK, the only major brand (Bauer, Easton, Rbk, CCM, Rbk) making a Sakic clone with a lower lie is Bauer, with the P92 lie 5. Warrior used to offer the Draper lie 4 (more or less equivalent to the P92 lie 5), but they don't any more.

Can someone give me a comparison to the Versteeg curve?

Looks like an Iggy but with more toe............

Thanx

Can someone give me a comparison to the Versteeg curve?

Looks like an Iggy but with more toe............

Thanx

Used my DT1 for the 3rd time last night & noticed the blade is starting to break up at the toe area. Not best pleased

It's a new curve for me so I've taped over it & will see how it goes, maybe I'm hitting the ice differently to when I was using the Kopitar pattern. I was hoping we were past the point with Warrior sticks where you don't have to assess the damage every time you retape your stick

Sucks because I love the feel & performance!

Beat up the DT1 and DT2 today; I'm still liking the DT2, however, I'm figuring out the DT1 a bit better and adjusting to it.

What adjustments do you feel you are having to make with the DT1?

I tried it in a couple games but just went back to the Nexus (no figuring out required). Haven't had time to go to a stick time and really mess around with the DT1. In warmups and games it wasn't as easy and natural as the Nexus so that's why it had to be the backup until I get some practice time with it. The feel on the stick is great though.