Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert Stick Lineup

You DT3 players, can you comment anything about durability of that stick? Just wondering between DT3 and Easton stealth 75s 2... I want stick that last over 30 days.

well i've had my dt3 for 30 days. ive been using it interchangeably with my dolomite. i play center and i'm a bit of a grinder so i'm harder on my sticks than the average beer leaguer. it hasn't shown any signs of chipping or splintering and structural damage. it still feels very solid.

then again, i haven't used it all that much, but i suspect it should outlast my widow (1.5months) or dynasty's (2months).

You DT3 players, can you comment anything about durability of that stick? Just wondering between DT3 and Easton stealth 75s 2... I want stick that last over 30 days.

well i've had my dt3 for 30 days. ive been using it interchangeably with my dolomite. i play center and i'm a bit of a grinder so i'm harder on my sticks than the average beer leaguer. it hasn't shown any signs of chipping or splintering and structural damage. it still feels very solid.

then again, i haven't used it all that much, but i suspect it should outlast my widow (1.5months) or dynasty's (2months).

Picked up DT3 stick and here is my opinions (flex 85/Kopitar curve): Good balance - feels lightweight, feels good in my hands, overall good puckfeel but little different what i used to, passes are good both ways and looks are great. BUT, i can´t shoot with it. No wristers, snapshot or slapshots. Shaft and the blade is twisting too much for me and it feels like there´s no pop on the shaft. Just for the record, i have very good shot with the right stick.

I was considering between DT2 and DT3 and obviously made the wrong decision. Afterwards it´s easy to say that if you try a new stick from different manufacturer what you are used to, buy stick that is top of their line. Then you really know how their stick´s work, and if you don´t like it you least have a very good back-up stick after all. In my case, i can´t afford buying sticks just for fun.

Maybe someone who used both sticks can comment the shooting between DT3 versus DT2 or DT1.

Picked up DT3 stick and here is my opinions (flex 85/Kopitar curve): Good balance - feels lightweight, feels good in my hands, overall good puckfeel but little different what i used to, passes are good both ways and looks are great. BUT, i can´t shoot with it. No wristers, snapshot or slapshots. Shaft and the blade is twisting too much for me and it feels like there´s no pop on the shaft. Just for the record, i have very good shot with the right stick.

I was considering between DT2 and DT3 and obviously made the wrong decision. Afterwards it´s easy to say that if you try a new stick from different manufacturer what you are used to, buy stick that is top of their line. Then you really know how their stick´s work, and if you don´t like it you least have a very good back-up stick after all. In my case, i can´t afford buying sticks just for fun.

Maybe someone who used both sticks can comment the shooting between DT3 versus DT2 or DT1.

Fattie. (sorry)

Yours is a perfect case where a DT2 could have benefitted you. The DT2's HiFused construction helps with the twisting and recoil issues you were describing. For more powerful players, the DT2 has more stability in the shaft. The DT3 is still a very good stick, and one we have had success with at Junior levels, but is very active down low in the stick, which is probably what you are feeling.

I don't know your shooting style or power generation, but it sounds like you already have enough power going into your shot that you don't need the added active benefits of True1+Dagger Taper.

Thank you Miseaujeu for answering. (And if my nick is Fattie it´s allright to call me that name... :popcorn:)

I´m 35+ year old and hockey is just hobby and having fun nowadays. Still, i like my gear perform correctly for my point of view, because it make the game just more fun. Also i weight about 215lbs and 6ft tall (yes, i have little extra "force" included but who has not..?) So, i have enough power and i can get it in to my shots. Anyway, maybe someday in the future i will take risk and try DT2, which seems to be more for my alley.

I also like quite whippy sticks because i like when the stick is really doing their work when shooting. Downside is that they don´t last too long... But if Ovi can manage 80 flex stick, so why not me or anyone else..? :biggrin:

Remember the fun factor!!

Noticed Warrior tweeted last night that Jay Bouwmeester was using the Warrior DT1LT stick. Anyone have a picture of it? Guess this is a special edition stick like they did with Widow SE?

Noticed Warrior tweeted last night that Jay Bouwmeester was using the Warrior DT1LT stick. Anyone have a picture of it? Guess this is a special edition stick like they did with Widow SE?

Negatory, it's not a special edition. I'm probably not allowed to go into details but I was impressed when I saw them in person last week.

Thanks Aireaye for the picture and IW for the update. I'll be interested to hear what's new about this stick when the time comes I guess. Thanks again!

Thanks Aireaye for the picture and IW for the update. I'll be interested to hear what's new about this stick when the time comes I guess. Thanks again!

I'll comment more at the the appropriate time. Till then, keep your eyes peeled...more new Coverts will be dropping around the league with various players.

special edition in the same colour. score! no, i think its got some components that make it differ from the DT1 and not purely colour related like the widow se's were.

special edition in the same colour. score! no, i think its got some components that make it differ from the DT1 and not purely colour related like the widow se's were.

Hence the question mark rather than period.

I bought a DT1 on a whim, and at first I was really unimpressed. The first time I used it in warm-ups I couldn't get the thing to shoot at all. It seemed like every other shot I had no control over. I was using 75 flex Dolomites with the Hossa pro curve for a while before this, so I went with a Kopitar 85 flex. The second time I tried it though, it was a completely different story. Something clicked, I adjusted, and now I love the way this thing shoots. Even going up in flex, it loads so effortlessly. It was weird at first to feel the stick flex so low, but once I got used to it I loved it. I'm pretty one-dimensional in that I only shoot snap shots, and this stick is perfect for that. The feel is great, a lot better than my Dynasty, and so far the blade has held up 10x better. My Dynasty's blade went soft literally within 4 uses, so I was wary when I bought the DT1. So far it's holding up strong. So strong in fact that I bought another one.

This is the first time I've bought a top-end stick before it was on clearance, and the first time I've bought another one right after, strictly because I love the way it plays. I'm excited to see what the upcoming Covert's are like.

I bought a DT1 on a whim, and at first I was really unimpressed. The first time I used it in warm-ups I couldn't get the thing to shoot at all. It seemed like every other shot I had no control over. I was using 75 flex Dolomites with the Hossa pro curve for a while before this, so I went with a Kopitar 85 flex. The second time I tried it though, it was a completely different story. Something clicked, I adjusted, and now I love the way this thing shoots. Even going up in flex, it loads so effortlessly. It was weird at first to feel the stick flex so low, but once I got used to it I loved it. I'm pretty one-dimensional in that I only shoot snap shots, and this stick is perfect for that. The feel is great, a lot better than my Dynasty, and so far the blade has held up 10x better. My Dynasty's blade went soft literally within 4 uses, so I was wary when I bought the DT1. So far it's holding up strong. So strong in fact that I bought another one.

This is the first time I've bought a top-end stick before it was on clearance, and the first time I've bought another one right after, strictly because I love the way it plays. I'm excited to see what the upcoming Covert's are like.

This is a very very nice post. Thank you Hat for sharing and thank you for giving "us" a chance. We appreciate your business...x2 and I'm very glad you were able to reap the game-improvement/ease of use benefits of the DT1.

Thanks for all the great info. What would be a good replacement for my favorite SE16s in the Warrior line?

Is the Boedker pro curve a Drury clone.

Thx

Thanks for all the great info. What would be a good replacement for my favorite SE16s in the Warrior line?

Is the Boedker pro curve a Drury clone.

Thx

No problem...here to help.

The best way to mimic the feel of the SE16 would be to find a similar kick product. AX2 would be the closest as far as construction, but it is a mid kick. DT2 same low kick with some added reinforcement for twisting. But the closest to the SE16 would be a custom Dolomite from the mywarriorhockey.com - same kick, same construction.

I'm not familiar with the Boedker, but I'll check if I have one and compare it. more info coming.

I must say that I loved the DT1, shot was great and had some really good puck feel. I had two I liked it that much. Only thing was the bottom half of the toe broke and went soft rather quick. The other 90% of the blade is still good but that area in the toe has quite a bit of play when you shoot.

I've had my DT2 since the start of year, using it 1-2 times a week on average. It has become my second favorite stick of all time, second only to a pro stock Dolomite I got when the Dolomite first came out. I picked the DT2 over the DT1 based on posts here and on the way it flexed and felt in the store. I got a 75 flex Kovalchuk curve. It took me a few games to learn to shoot with it, as it was also a totally new curve. Once I figured it out, though, I loved it. Somehow, I too cracked off the lower tip of the toe, during warm-ups, but even with that damage, the blade has remained solid and still has great feel. It's just a phenomenally well made stick. Kudos to Warrior.

I have a DT1 75 flex kopitar curve. Also have two dynasty ax1's. Chara and Kopitar curve. 75 flex also. I love all three. For different reasons.

Thinking about trying the AX2 or DT2 some time. Seems they are both a mix of the DT1 and AX1. From what I know the DT2 still has the low kick like the DT1, but is twist resistant like the AX1. The AX2 is mid kick like ax1, but is lo fused (is that right) like the DT1. Does that mean it'll be a little more whippy than the AX1? I play forward and take mostly wrist/snap shots and think the AX1 and DT1 are excellent for both.

Anyway, decisions decisions. Love the kopitar curve, but am really starting to like the Chara. Thinking about getting the DT2 with Chara curve or maybe trying a Kovalchuk.

I only difference that I have seen is in the blades. The pro blade is a step up from retail model. The retail model has been upgraded from years pasts.I should have explained things better. 6 sticks were made as retail spec just with the pro blade with shark skin. We never messed the flex profile just the specs such as grip, flex, height, etc.... The flex profile is the same as on the retail model, or what they use on the pro stock sticks.

Order 1: 6 Sticks retail spec DT1, 85 Flex, Right, Shark Skin blade, Kopitar curve

Order 2: 6 Sticks DT1, 60", 85 flex, right, smooth shaft, grip, shark skin blade, Kopitar curve

Order 3: 3 Sticks DT1, 60", 75 flex, right, diamond texture, velvet grip, shark skin blade, retail Smyth curve

Order 4: 3 Sticks DT1, 63", 85 flex, left, smooth shaft, grip, shark skin blade, kopitar blade

when you say "pro blade" do you just mean the shark skin option, or are there other differences?

@miseaujeu:

-I recently purchased a warrior widow to give warrior a chance. i was impressed with it and am now selling my apx because i like the feel of the puck better (especially for rollers lighter puck) with the widow.

Unfortunately the infamous durability of the widow reared its head and it broke within 2 games, do you guys still have widows left to warranty them? or would i get an updated covert? to be honest im a bit afraid to try a covert due to the fact i liked the widow sooo much. I would love to try it but the price is a bit high for me atm.

-Also ive never been a huge grip guy, but i liked when sticks when from clear to a matte finish, are the coverts now reverting back to the shiny finish. i was looking into the velvet grip but i have never used a grip and the grip version just says "diamond grip" on all the sites ive looked at. are you guys doing away with traditional rubberized grips for retail?

-if i take the dt1 dive, ill be looking at the 85 flex zetterberg, but i do cut my sticks low, if its cut to about 55" is that chopping off that top flex point? or is the flex up there much bigger then that and im looking at this top flex thing wrong.

-DT1LT details? any approximate date for retail release? im getting antsy on this, also hard to buy a dt1 if there is something right around the corner.

thanks for the time and info over the past couple of months, i went from old eastons to using an apx thinking nothing would be better than that and now im hooked on warrior, it would have been sooner but there is no places here with a shooting range, i have to take the plunge to try. been using your gloves for years since the first set of kingpins hit but now it seems you guys are getting everything involved.

I also like that you guys now have "lines" its easier to keep track of everything, when it has one name per line and a number system to differentiate tiers. having all different names for different tiers in one line makes it hard to see where equipment fits your play level.

Matt

I have a DT1 and cut the stick down to 56". Does this effect the way the shaft flexes in terms of the "bow" effect? Or does cutting this much off the top take the flex from the handle of the stick and negate the "bow" and only leave the bottom of the stick to flex? The circled area in the picture is what I'm talking about. Not really sure how much of the flexing area I am cutting.

covertpage.jpeg

Hope this answers the "cutting=what flex" questions.

As I've stated in another thread, cutting a stick does not affect the measured flex reading. That means that when a stick is measured (to determine the flex at the factory) it is put on a machine that has a 42" span and the stick is then loaded and the flex measured with the machine. When a 63" Warrior stick is placed on the machine, with as much as 10" cut off the top, the reading on the machine is always the same.

th_Stick-Flex--Length.jpg

True, when a stick is cut, it doesn't feel the same. But there's no scientific way to measure the exact flex change feeling a player gets. How do you account for players' varying strength, hand position, shooting style etc...

Here is the cutting/flex answer.