Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

The Mako 2, M8 and M7 fit exactly the same as the original Makos. You should be able to find those in a store to try on. The Mako box suggests going 1.5 sizes down from shoe size - eg. my 8EE Makos say they're for someone with a 9.5 shoe, however; I usually wear a 10 wide dress shoe, 10 sandals and a 10 or 10.5 running shoe depending on the fit.

If you're a 10.5 or 11 shoe size, are you sure the 10.5 S17s aren't too big? Most people usually drop down 1.5 to 2 sizes for skates vs. shoe size. Do your toes brush the caps? When you unlace the skates and push your foot all the way forward, how much room do you have at the back? (I'd use a pencil to test this).

Based on shoe size only I'm guessing you'd probably need around a 9 Mako (give or take a half size either way); I'd go to a store that carries any line of Makos and try on an 8.5, 9, 9.5 in both D and EE widths. Keep in mind that the skates are very responsive to heat and any minor tight spots will loosen up once they're baked.

Hey Guys,

I found Easton Mako one's on sale online. I have a size 1-0.5-11 foot. I am currently wearing 10.5 S17's. What size would i be in Mako's?

I went from a well fitting size 9 S17 to a great fitting size 9 Makos

The Mako 2, M8 and M7 fit exactly the same as the original Makos. You should be able to find those in a store to try on. The Mako box suggests going 1.5 sizes down from shoe size - eg. my 8EE Makos say they're for someone with a 9.5 shoe, however; I usually wear a 10 wide dress shoe, 10 sandals and a 10 or 10.5 running shoe depending on the fit.

If you're a 10.5 or 11 shoe size, are you sure the 10.5 S17s aren't too big? Most people usually drop down 1.5 to 2 sizes for skates vs. shoe size. Do your toes brush the caps? When you unlace the skates and push your foot all the way forward, how much room do you have at the back? (I'd use a pencil to test this).

Based on shoe size only I'm guessing you'd probably need around a 9 Mako (give or take a half size either way); I'd go to a store that carries any line of Makos and try on an 8.5, 9, 9.5 in both D and EE widths. Keep in mind that the skates are very responsive to heat and any minor tight spots will loosen up once they're baked.

I went from a well fitting size 9 S17 to a great fitting size 9 Makos

Thanks for the info guys. The S17'S are big on me, I think i am going to order a 9.5 Mako. I live in rural Ontario it is tought to find a place that carries Mako's. But i wish i had the advantage of being fit by someone that knows what they are talking about, I dont know alot of about skates. I wore 9.5 S 15's.

Thanks for the info guys. The S17'S are big on me, I think i am going to order a 9.5 Mako. I live in rural Ontario it is tought to find a place that carries Mako's. But i wish i had the advantage of being fit by someone that knows what they are talking about, I dont know alot of about skates. I wore 9.5 S 15's.

If you really can't get to a store to try anything on and your old skates are too big then before you order you may want to measure your feet and post the results. Take a plain piece of computer paper and put it against the wall. Put your foot against the wall on the paper with your heel touching the wall and trace your foot. Do this with both feet (either bare foot or with very thin socks - don't do it with thick socks on) and then measure the longest point and widest point of both feet. If you post those you'll likely get more accurate advice as shoe sizes vary based on preference (some people wear them tighter than others).

I pulled the trigger on some mx8s. It was almost impossible to get my feet in them prebake, but I milled about with them on for 10 - 15 minutes and didn't feel any pain.

They felt unique in a good way and much more comfortable than the jetspeeds I also tried on.

I have only had them out for a public skate but no pain after an hour on the ice, and no sloppy feeling like the Tacks 6052s I was in. So far so good.

With the last three pairs on Easton's I bought, i had to put Blue Lock Tight on bolts on the holders because they would come loose all at the time. With the Mako's the bolts look like they arent sticking out that much. Will i still have to Lock Tight the bolts on the Mako's?

With the last three pairs on Easton's I bought, i had to put Blue Lock Tight on bolts on the holders because they would come loose all at the time. With the Mako's the bolts look like they arent sticking out that much. Will i still have to Lock Tight the bolts on the Mako's?

I haven't seen it as an issue, but it isn't a bad idea to do it anyway.

For 9.5D Makos, would the 280mm Tuuk be the right size?

It is for the 9.5EE

Keep in mind the Mako has a different holder than all other Easton skates.