Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

7 hours ago, z1ggy said:

How does anybody like the Powerfoot relative to superfeet?

In regards to what specifically? I have both in my skates and they serve different purposes; The powerfoot inserts for comfort and to reduce negative space and the superfeet for added support for my arches.

18 hours ago, z1ggy said:

How does anybody like the Powerfoot relative to superfeet?

I have both too and my skates feel like a dream.

That said, I've had the Powerfoot on to my felt toe cap for 3-4 months and they stick just fine.

anyone have issues getting the superfeet insole to sit right in the skate?  Mine rocks back and forth depending on where im applying pressure (heel/ball). Obviously with the skates tied this is extremely limited, but id feel better if the insole was gripping the sole of the skate.

I am seeing Mako II and M8's on sale and am about ready to turn in my EQ50s, which I found to be the best skate I ever wore surprisingly. I have to take a risk and just order them online since no store in NYC has these in stock at this stage  for me to try on. From the collective wisdom, is the transition to the EQ50 into the Mako II or M8 a natural one, or should I expect a heavy change in the boot? Overall I never fit into Bauers well, they hurt my feet, Grafs I did could not find a match and the Easton EQ50 was the perfect fit so I am partial to going with an Easton again.

If it does not work I can return them but my options are spend $500+ in-store on a Bauer/CCM/Graf which I don't typically fit well into or buy one of these Eastons at $300 - $400 where I have positive history.

Any intel/advice would be appreciated! 

I was never able to make the "traditional" (EQ50/EQ5/...) Easton skates work for me, but I love my Mako's (3 pairs and counting - stocking up). The EQ50 is a very stiff boot in all directions, while the Makos feature plenty of forward flex. The EQ50 is also higher cut. I think there is not much in common between them except for the brand name.

However, I switched from a x:60/x7.0 (similar stiffness to EQ50) to the M2 during a training camp and at the end of the first training I've adapted.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2016 at 4:55 PM, caseyjones said:

I wear a 7 wide in my graf's and got a 7D in the Makos and im fine.  I have a couple pairs of regular width Graf's that i can still use that I have minor discomfort in, but I really didnt have any discomfort in the Mako's though.  I've never worn Reebok's so i cant compare it to them, but i know that a regular width Vapor kills my feet.  I dont know if this helps, but unless your foot is super wide i would think that a regular width Mako should be able to accommodate your foot.

Thanks caseyjones (ninja turtles?), I ordered a pair and I'll let you guys know how they are after I've had 1-2 games with them!!

On 1/6/2016 at 0:05 PM, OptimusReim said:

I'd go M7, personally.

Have you had any experience with the M7?  Im thinking of picking up a pair to possibly convert for roller since they are cheap and i now realize how much of an awful fit my Vapors have been for the past 15 years (go figure).  Im concerned about the tongue as i tried on a lower end model of Bauers recently just to kill time when i was waiting for my skates to get sharpened that were plenty stiff and supportive, but the tongue just felt like garbage.  Seemed to ruin the entire skate.  Felt like I could feel every lace of the skate when leaning forward and gave pretty bad lace bite.  They may have been Supreme 160's

4 hours ago, caseyjones said:

Have you had any experience with the M7?  Im thinking of picking up a pair to possibly convert for roller since they are cheap and i now realize how much of an awful fit my Vapors have been for the past 15 years (go figure).  Im concerned about the tongue as i tried on a lower end model of Bauers recently just to kill time when i was waiting for my skates to get sharpened that were plenty stiff and supportive, but the tongue just felt like garbage.  Seemed to ruin the entire skate.  Felt like I could feel every lace of the skate when leaning forward and gave pretty bad lace bite.  They may have been Supreme 160's

No personal experience though I have two teammates in them. They're both very happy. 

I just got my Mako 2'sin the mail yesterday and while inspecting them I noticed a small crack in the carbon fiber heel.  How big of a problem is this?

dateposted-public

9 hours ago, HeppTrim said:

I just got my Mako 2'sin the mail yesterday and while inspecting them I noticed a small crack in the carbon fiber heel.  How big of a problem is this?

dateposted-public

Can't see the picture, but I would return them. It can only get worse.

Alright, thank you guys for the replies. It doesn't feel any weaker than the other skate, but it was a cause for concern as I didn't want to go out and skate on them and void the warranty if it was in fact an issue.

I just got my Mako2s and they have the same thing on the left skate heel. I believe it's just cosmetic as other posters have stated. These skates fit like a glove, but seem to be a pain to put on.. I'll also need to look into getting thinner socks.

17 minutes ago, Kyosuke said:

I just got my Mako2s and they have the same thing on the left skate heel. I believe it's just cosmetic as other posters have stated. These skates fit like a glove, but seem to be a pain to put on.. I'll also need to look into getting thinner socks.

I need to pull the sides of the skate apart a little and put them on my foot with the skate kind of angled inwards to take mine on and off.

• Like 1

I used to have to do that and also wear super thin socks. They've definitely broken in though now, much easier to get on and I can wear whatever socks now. Unfortunately that also means the skate itself is a bit looser than it used to be. Hasn't been an issue though, still super comfortable.

And then there's my VH where I have to use a shoe horn just to get the damn things on!