Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

The Mlx chart wasn't very accurate IMO. I found Mlx skates fit fairly closely in length to Bauer.

I second this. I bought a 5 based on the MLX chart. even after baking it was too small. Rob at MLX not only exchanged my skates out for a 6 but paid for my return Fedex shipping as well.

Edited by shoeshine boy

The Mlx chart wasn't very accurate IMO. I found Mlx skates fit fairly closely in length to Bauer.

I wouldn't say inaccurate, nor accurate. It was just like any other companies size chart.

For example: I wear a 7 in MLX. 7/7.5 in Bauer, 8 in Easton.

Edited by Krev

I disagree, although the sizing chart was off,they're not that close to the bauer chart imo, I mean a size 9 mlx fit me like a size 10 in bauers...

I'm a 9 1/4 in bauer, 8 1/4 in mlx and 9.5 in ccm...

Edited by romdj

MLX lives on. Well at least the tendon guard, and toe. Too bad the tongue isnt the same. I hope these are as comfortable as the MLX skates, and hopefully they use the same steel as well!

These look pretty exciting. I was afraid they were going to change a lot of things I love about my MLX. So far, it only looks like the adjustable holder went by the wayside. If they offer more volume, and if the heel pocket remains deep, they'll be unbelievable.

Krev (I think) mentioned the absence of negative space in the MLX. He wasn't kidding - I can't wear a different sock in mine than the one I was wearing at the time of baking without noticing. The Haglund bumps I was developing before switching to MLX completely went away very quickly when I started wearing them. These deserve a serious look by everybody.

Gotta chance to try on a demo model last weekend. Didn't have time to bake it but right out of the box it fit like my MLX's. I could have skated in it right away. I'm sure post-bake it would be only better. Sizing seemed pretty close to MLX. I wear a MLX 8 with the thicker insert in it and the Mako 8 was pretty good for me. When they come out I'll try the 7.5 just to make sure but the 8 felt good lengthwise. Felt a bit more forward in stance compared to the MLX while standing in it but nothing too aggressive. Tongue is taller than the MLX so similar to other brands and better for those that want to flop. I'm excited for the release next year.

We met with them today. Thoughts are on the front page.

Orange is the accent color (like yellow on RS) for Mako.

JR i remember you had issues with the depth with the mlx skate has the fit improved in the mako skate for you?

These can't be released soon enough. Need a new pair.

flyers10, you're sure about the sizing aspect? I wore an 8 in S15's and S17's, but a 7 (with some room in the toes, admittedly) in MLX. I'd probably go with a 7.5 to be sure.

These can't be released soon enough. Need a new pair.

flyers10, you're sure about the sizing aspect? I wore an 8 in S15's and S17's, but a 7 (with some room in the toes, admittedly) in MLX. I'd probably go with a 7.5 to be sure.

I'd actually try them on, just to be really sure.

Gotta chance to try on a demo model last weekend. Didn't have time to bake it but right out of the box it fit like my MLX's. I could have skated in it right away. I'm sure post-bake it would be only better. Sizing seemed pretty close to MLX. I wear a MLX 8 with the thicker insert in it and the Mako 8 was pretty good for me. When they come out I'll try the 7.5 just to make sure but the 8 felt good lengthwise. Felt a bit more forward in stance compared to the MLX while standing in it but nothing too aggressive. Tongue is taller than the MLX so similar to other brands and better for those that want to flop. I'm excited for the release next year.

What would you say they were comparable to depth-wise? That was my only issue with my MLX.

What would you say they were comparable to depth-wise? That was my only issue with my MLX.

I say a bit more than the MLX but if you were busting out in MLX's I don't think there will be enough depth in the Mako for you. Best bet is to try them on when they come out.

HatTrick is in the same boat I am. Out here, there's now only one major shop, and they carry only select lines of skates... so I don't actually know if they'll be carrying the Mako skate. I've asked and they don't know.

Worst case scenario is I buy a size 7.5 and an 8 from Icewarehouse and then return the pair that doesn't fit. I could also go over the border to The Hockey Shop, but I don't have an enhanced ID or passport (yet).

Some shots I took of Providence college vs Vermont

8293462292_519d003b3b_b.jpg

8292409477_083909ccb5_b.jpg

and a video

&hd=1">
&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="447" height="276">

Edited by PK81

I really, really want these skates to fit me.

Lynnwood still hasn't given me a straight answer on if they're carrying them. Just a heads up.

Lynnwood still hasn't given me a straight answer on if they're carrying them. Just a heads up.

Yeah, I didn't get a 100% straight answer either. Last time I talked to him he had just seen the pictures/info of the skates and sounded pretty excited about them, so I'm hoping they'll at least get a couple pairs in to check out. Just keep hinting at how great the MLX were and how bad you want another pair like them, and maybe that will help.