Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

Updated the review with the pic of the depth. First time I made it to my desktop all day to upload the pic off my phone.

The video review also mentions that the outside of the skate is higher than the inside of the skate. Seems like this would be bad for folks who overpronate.

Chadd, any chance we can get some kind of photo/video documentation of how well the skates mold via baking?

The ebay listing said those skates were "new", while the video review mentions skating in them.

He also mentions baking them in the comments for his more detailed review video. It is the same guy though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hockeytrainingaid/videos?view=0

http://myworld.ebay.com/hockey_training_aid?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

https://twitter.com/HockeyTA/following

I realize this is not the eBay thread, so feel free to move/delete this as needed. For some reason it just really pissed me off that he was so "grateful" toward Easton for sending him the skates in his video, but immediately turned around and sold them on eBay before they hit stores. I'm sure crap like this happens all the time, but I feel like it probably makes it harder for legitimate operations such as MSH to keep doing what they do.

Edited by carodz
  • Like 1

Last UNH/Merrimack game I went to I noticed 7-8 players in the RS.

dang, I haven't seen many NHL guys in em... seen a couple in Mako's.

hopefully seeing more Mako and RBZ skates soon upon their releases!

Chadd, the depth picture in your review looks similar to what I experienced with my MLX skates. Mind you, I have a very high instep (Supremes are too shallow for me), but my foot was exploding out of the MLX. Skating with them though, I never had any issues that I could attribute to the depth. After baking them, they were like slippers. I've never had a skate fit like that, and I still miss that with my TotalOne's. Wish I would have done custom MLX when I had the chance.

Edited by HattrickSwayze

MLX was making wider versions for people who had bought them and didn't like the fit.

Easton doesn't have a custom skate program for retail; the customs that I've seen from them were pushed through pro, or reps who had a way to push them through pro.

I guess that pretty much means these skates aren't an option for me.

Updated the review with the pic of the depth. First time I made it to my desktop all day to upload the pic off my phone.

Chadd,

When you're feeling better, can you say what size you are in Bauer Supremes? You say in the Mako you are 9.5 EE and that's about right, so, wondering how they compare to a Supreme fit.

Thanks

The ones I tried in Vegas were same as my Supreme size.

Chadd is one size down from me so that would make sense.

Thanks, I haven't been comfortable in Supremes for a while so I had no idea what size I am in them.

I wonder if these would work or how they would work with someone (like me) who have very low volume fit, like a Graf 703 Narrow. It seems like a number who have baked the MLXs believe they fit like slippers afterward. Is there a consensus on foot shape/type yet?

One thing I've noticed is that very few of the people I see wearing these skates have changed out the holders to LS2's or something else. The only exception I've found is Byfuglien. Given the number of people that switch out holders on previous Easton skates or CCM/Reebok skates, that seems significant to me.

If you took the number of players actually wearing the skate that statistic might wind up being insignificant. Looked like Dustin was skating on Blackedge runners, so it might just be that he doesn't want to change to different steel. I currently skate on Nitinol runners which I am extremely happy with, so in my case I would be more inclined to to go with the LS2 holder with a heel lift and not the CXN holder.

I was just thinking about it as a percentage of players wearing the skate, not as a percentage of the league. What percentage of guys that wear CCM/Reebok skates change holders> 60%, more? Same with earlier Easton skates. Graf seems to have a larger percentage of people using the Cobra holder, but it's still probably 50/50. To say that one player out of the 15-20 I've seen wearing the skates has changed the holders, to me is significant.

In a lot of cases, it's the EQM...not the player.

More common holders means less things to carry on a trip. It's a convenience factor for those guys, especially on a new holder. They're going to trust what they know.

• Like 1

Chadd, any chance we can get some kind of photo/video documentation of how well the skates mold via baking?

The ebay listing said those skates were "new", while the video review mentions skating in them.

He also mentions baking them in the comments for his more detailed review video. It is the same guy though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hockeytrainingaid/videos?view=0

http://myworld.ebay.com/hockey_training_aid?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

https://twitter.com/HockeyTA/following

I realize this is not the eBay thread, so feel free to move/delete this as needed. For some reason it just really pissed me off that he was so "grateful" toward Easton for sending him the skates in his video, but immediately turned around and sold them on eBay before they hit stores. I'm sure crap like this happens all the time, but I feel like it probably makes it harder for legitimate operations such as MSH to keep doing what they do.

After a little digging they are not the skates he has used, they must have sent 2 pairs or something. Not that it makes it any better if he has taken advantage of Easton.

Edited by Jamie_tnt

Either way, talking about what someone else may or may not have done with something that was given to them really isn't the point of this topic or site. Things like this are why I almost always delete any mentions of other websites. Let's get back into discussing the actual product.