Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

Just switched my holders to LS2 today.. holes did NOT line up. , the hole pattern was correct but seem to be at a different angle? I could only line up either the front or back pattern. I decided to use the rear and drill the front, it was clearly more centred. However the holes were very closebtogether and I'm kind of concerned with thw strengrh considering.there is no outsole

Got a chance to try these on at the rink in a 10.5 EE. I had been in 10.0 EE Supremes (which seemed long and wide enough, but gave me volume issues, and were just too hard anyway, so they always killed my feet). The Makos were amazing. First thing I did was check the pencil test- barely passed it. I laced them up, and did not feel a need to cinch them tight like I do with my Supremes (which I have actually since sold) and Axiom T10s (which I wear every week, and which are awesome, also 10.0 EE). Despite not lacing them tightly, I still had great heel lock- same as in my Supremes/T10s laced tightly, which I was surprised about. Acceleration seemed about standard for me, it was a public skate so I held back a bit on really getting going. Most impressive feature was turning/ cornering. In my Supremes, before they gave me foot problems, I was unable to corner at high speeds without digging into the ice and slowing down. I figured I was doing something wrong technique wise, which still maybe the case. With the Makos, I was making turns at pretty decent speed, and no ice shaving whatsoever, just tight, fast turns, with the only deceleration coming as a result of gravity slowing me down a bit. I have never experienced this before. So, the Mako either corrected my technique, or it is just allowing me to skate in my natural motion (which, who is to say if it is right or wrong? It just is), and still give me great performance. No one ever taught me how to skate with proper technique, back in the day when I played my only year of organized hockey, our coaches just skated us hard around the circles doing crossovers, and ladders up and down the ice. No one ever said, "Try shifting your weight like this on the turns, or sit on your heels when you drive the net," or anything of the sort.

Comfort wise, felt same as my tennis shoes, and I love my tennis shoes. Definitely more comfy than my T10s, which I thought were the ultimate comfort skate. This guy had them baked recently, so either we have similar feet, or just baking them gives them this great feel.

My original plan was to wait for the next line of Mako skates to release, and get some cheapo pair of skates to hold me over until then. But, I want to play between now and whenever the Mako skate update launches, so I just placed an order, which I will pick up, and likely use during public skates while I am in the US. Maybe I will play if I can get some gear lendage happening, we will see I suppose. I will be right by the El Segundo rink, Los Angeles area, if anyone knows a group of guys who might need an extra hack.

Edited by Cosmic

So, the Mako either corrected my technique, or it is just allowing me to skate in my natural motion

When you have a drastic improvement in fit, you can experience a similar discrete improvement in performance. In such cases, in my experience, correct (or let's say "improved") technique and natural motion are one and the same. Glad you're finding a better fit and more fun on the ice :smile:

When you have a drastic improvement in fit, you can experience a similar discrete improvement in performance. In such cases, in my experience, correct (or let's say "improved") technique and natural motion are one and the same. Glad you're finding a better fit and more fun on the ice :smile:

Could be. My feet measure right in between the 11.5-12.0 range, so I ought to be either 10.0 or 10.5. Could be that my Supremes were too small- who knows? Either way, yea, these were most ideal, will be interesting to see what it is like to play ice hockey in them. Just a few more weeks.

question for you mako owners. had a chance to try them on at the lhs the other day. the only reason i didn't walk out with them was my heels weren't quite as locked in as they are with my g35's. everywhere else, these skates fit my feet better than anything else i've tried on so far, including my current g35's which i've found to fit my foot the best to this point.

my question is, hearing/reading how moldable these skates are, is it possible to "pinch" the heel area of the boot to get it just a hair more snug? it's really not off by much, but i'm hesitant to drop that kind of cash on something i'm not perfectly happy with, as it's already happened to me 3 times until i finally gave graf a chance.

I actually just left my LHS to get that done. They used a heat gun and pinched the the boot just above the heel below the ankle area. Hopefully it dose the trick. I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked

question for you mako owners. had a chance to try them on at the lhs the other day. the only reason i didn't walk out with them was my heels weren't quite as locked in as they are with my g35's. everywhere else, these skates fit my feet better than anything else i've tried on so far, including my current g35's which i've found to fit my foot the best to this point.

my question is, hearing/reading how moldable these skates are, is it possible to "pinch" the heel area of the boot to get it just a hair more snug? it's really not off by much, but i'm hesitant to drop that kind of cash on something i'm not perfectly happy with, as it's already happened to me 3 times until i finally gave graf a chance.

The skates do mold realy well, and I am sure you can acheive good heel lock after heat molding. Check out the video below. Watch until the end (1:27), and Easton addresses your very question. Good Luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRdaS3-5eMw

Edited by chrisg19

Has anyone had any cosmetic cracking occur on the texalium? Just slight fractures?

The past couple of weeks haven't been kind to them in my store. I've had 3 returns with interesting damage; they all have cracked on the sole, either the heel (in two cases) or the entire sole under the holder towers (I can push the holders through the boot.) Was surprised to see how thin the material is in the sole.

That was one of the first things I noticed about the S11-to-S17 lines: the soles were incredibly thin, and completely without composite reinforcement throughout most of the middle of the sole: just whatever kind of semi-transparent resin they used.

The past couple of weeks haven't been kind to them in my store. I've had 3 returns with interesting damage; they all have cracked on the sole, either the heel (in two cases) or the entire sole under the holder towers (I can push the holders through the boot.) Was surprised to see how thin the material is in the sole.

Quite unacceptable considering the price you pay for the skates

Hello i had some problems with the depht of the boot.

When i lace up i get some burning in the middle of the foot.

Does this problem go away after heat molding it or should i go for EE instead?

Quite unacceptable considering the price you pay for the skates

One store had so-called returns, others none. You can't assume what you read on a board is a widespread issue. There are so many variables, were the skates heat molded correctly, correctly sized, amoung others. From what I've seen this skate is pretty durable and has very few issues if any. Perfect, nope, just like all othe brands, every once in a while a bad one is out there.

• Like 1

I've had mine for about 6 months...consistently 2-3 games a week through that time. So far, they've held up great...no issues with unexpected wear or structural failure.

I've loved how they felt and feel a definite improvement in my mobility and agility.

However, that's just my experience. YMMV.

Edited by Vuronov

Question- Will the D or "R" fit in the Mako's be a good fit for a person who is in Vapor's, but experiences some mild pinching in the outer mid-foot area and pinky toe? I've read these fit a bit wider than Vapors.

Question- Will the D or "R" fit in the Mako's be a good fit for a person who is in Vapor's, but experiences some mild pinching in the outer mid-foot area and pinky toe? I've read these fit a bit wider than Vapors.

you shouldn't have a problem

you shouldn't have a problem

I came from vapor x100 with the same issue...shouldn't be a problem

Thank you. I think I will wait until Mako 2's come out. MY current Vapors are only 6 years old and I think I can get another 1-2 years out of them. (Only played 1-2 times a week on average)

Exactly what happened to mine

One store had so-called returns, others none.

Yeah, I made all of this up because I have a vendetta against this skate and Easton as a company.

Get real.

The skates were all sold in my store. I have instructed my staff on how to fit and bake properly.

I don't sit there and question your skill set and professionalism. Why do you feel that you have the right to question mine?

Oh, and I warrantied a set of T1 NXGs today because the tendon guard broke. Are you happy now? Or is that one not my fault?