Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bolt91

Bauer 7500 Helmet Glue & Padding

One must always be careful with adhesives, solvents, etc. when used on plastics or other chemical-based materials. Always do a test on a small area to see how the item will react. I noticed no ill affects on the 7500 pads and foam. It's worth noting that different helmets will use different materials so always do a test, or if in doubt, do not use it.

You can't always see a chemical reaction that results in a weakening of plastic.

Noticed you said the "C" word. Ive had more than a couple concussions between football, hockey and the military. Protecting your dome means having good awareness. look at the poor guy we had get beat up at the dodgers game here in L.A. (that parking lot is worse than the L train at night) he got knocked out and was unconscious when he hit the ground. since you are new to the sport the best thing you can do is work on your situational awareness. you gotta see it coming and brace yourself.

like Chadd was alluding to you cant see what effect a chemical has on a plastic or foam. hot melt glue is about as inert as it gets because its a plastic. i think for less than 10 bucks you can pick up a glue gun with a couple sticks. stay away from liquid nails and other commercial adhesives they contain solvents(except for small projects blend) and unlike hotmelt cannot be re manipulated without risk of destroying the substrate.

we learned this the hard way in the navy. with used some stuff in a can we called donkey C** to attach nvg and distress strobe brackets to our helmets. small impacts like bumping into an aircraft would break the shell. so yeah the very long and short of it is,

keep your head on a swivel have fun and give hot melt adhesive a try...

Update: After my game today I noticed glue in my hair again :(

From the Liquid Nails for Small Projects? Strange - that stuff hardens up and isn't gooey.

Now, if the LN worked, take the other pads out and reattach.

From the Liquid Nails for Small Projects? Strange - that stuff hardens up and isn't gooey.

Now, if the LN worked, take the other pads out and reattach.

I took all the pads out and re-attached them with the LN when I originally did it :(

Could be left-over Bauer glue.

It most likely is.

LN is like putty. It's hard to get that glue off...it's meant to be permanent.

Just shave your head. ;)

My head is pretty much shaved already!

Sorry to hash up an old thread

Anyone from Canada have any luck with another glue besides LN as recommended?

No place here carries it, mainly LePage, GG or Krazy Glue

Thanks

I will agree with BOZ...use some hot melt glue....I know they have differing levels of hot melt. I would recommend the type players use to attache a 2 peice blade to a shaft. It holds up well in colder temperatures...Not sure about other glue stick products

I'd be very careful with hot melt. Hot glue could deform the inner she'll, plus it tends to dry rather quickly and may harden to the point of making it uncomfortable.

Any home improvement or lumber yard will have LN, or an adequate substitute. You can definitely get it online too.

I used the General repair & small projects (non-silicone) version when I glued the pads back onto my Mission Intake helmet. That was like 5-6 years ago.

I would go with this one. I wasn't 100% happy with the silicone version.