Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
althoma1

Warrior Projekt Elbow Pads (2010 White)

Background: 6’2”, north of 200lbs Adult Recreational player (both ice and roller)
Product: 2010 Warrior Projekt Elbow Pads (white) – Senior Medium

Previous Pads: Mission Sub Zero, Bauer One90, Nike V14 (all Senior Large)
Current Pads: 2012 Projekts (blue and grey) – Senior Large
Timeframe: Late 2010 – Late Spring 2012

Fit
These pads fit larger than most. I’m a large in most elbow pads, but had to use medium with these as the large slid right off my arm while done up if I gave it a good pull in the store. These are the most comfortable elbow pads I’ve ever used – the middle strap is made of a neoprene like material and is very comfortable. The bicep pad flares out and I also found this to be very comfortable.

The pad feels secure when you first put it on and it’s dry and for the most part it does stay in place during gameplay, however; a hold or hook can dislodge them once they’re wet with sweat.

8.5/10

Mobility
These pads are extremely mobile. You really feel like you’re wearing nothing and have no restrictions at all.

10/10

Protection
I found the protection on these to be lacking when it came to taking a hard fall on the elbow. I took one and was left with a large bruise and a tender elbow. Nothing was broken and I could still play on, but I thought the elbow protection should’ve been better for a high end pad. Slash and bicep protection were reasonable, but the elbow should be a priority when it comes to elbow pads.

6/10

Weight
Very lightweight for a high end pad. The use of zote foam helped keep the weight down while still providing some level of protection. They aren't quite as light as some newer pads like the CCM U+ CL.

9/10

Durability
The stitching was weak on the middle strap and started to come loose after only a few months of use. I had them reinforced and they held up, but that really shouldn’t have been necessary. After a while some small holes did develop on one of the middle straps and the top elastic bicep straps started to stretch out. Having said that, I only stopped using them because of the elbow protection issue – they were still in useable condition when I moved on to the 2012 Projekts.

6.5/10

Intangibles
The white colour tended to easily get stained and I once washed them with something black (my mistake) and they got dyed grey (main part) and brown (velcro).

Conclusion
They’re mobile, comfortable and light pads, but they definitely aren’t the most protective pads out there and the stitching could’ve been better. If you want to sacrifice protection for mobility and grab these on closeout, I’d recommend picking up a size smaller than you’d normally buy in other pads. I think you’d be better off spending a bit more on the 2012 Projekts as the issues I had with these pads have been addressed.

7.5/10

Edited by althoma1

Background: 6' tall, 200lbs without gear on, playing only inline (looking to ice in next few months). Been playing competitive inline hockey since '96, and represented at state level. Currently only play once a week.

Product: 2010 Warrior Projekt Elbow Pads (white) – Senior Large

Previous Pads: Mission Sub Zero, Easton S7, Easton Zairs, Mission NME Nine-1

Current Pads: Still using the 2012 Warrior Projekt Elbow Pads

Timeframe: Late 2010 – current

Fit

These are by far the most comfortable pads that I've worn. I've always been a size Large in elbow pads, although some other brands are not as secure and the pads slide down my arms. The neoprene strap keeps the pads in place very very well, and recently I've started wearing a long sleeve RBK drifit top, and the neoprene keeps it in place throughout the game. The white colour does have a slight yellow discoloration after 1 year of use.

9.5/10

Mobility

No restrictions, the larger flared bicep pad allows great movement and mobility

10/10

Protection

Have not taken any heavy falls, but have been hit into the boards by a few overzealous defencemen. So far its been holding up very well, no issues with protection. I give it a slightly lower score due to the shorter forearm pad, as I prefer the glove and elbow pad to overlap more (personal preference)

9/10

Weight

Very lightweight, never been restricted by the elbow pads at all

10/10

Durability

No issues with durability, everything has been staying in place. I was wary of the neoprene connecting the bicep pad to the elbow cup, but its held up very well.

9/10

Intangibles

The white color gets yellowish over time, even with washing. Its not detrimental to the function of the pad, just that you get the yellowing like all other white gear. No smell, wash in mild antibacterial solution once every few months, and aired after every game.

8/10

Conclusion

Best elbow pads I've used, very comfortable out of the bag. Very lightweight and mobile, and i can still see myself using them for another 6-12 months before deciding whether to buy the updated9.25 version.

9.25/10