Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Easton Hockey Catalogue

Do the holes on the new steel line up with the previous RBII holders? Also is it like Hotblademsteel with a plastic filling to reduce the weight?

I wish the Kreps was a 5.5 lie but we will have to see how big the rocker is in real life.

Althoma, I have a Kreps style pro pattern (so it could be different than what comes to retail) and even though it appears to me more open than the Sakic/Hall, I find it easier to keep my shots lower. I think the extra bit more at the toe helps with my shooting technique. It could be the flex though as well though (100 vs my usual 75.)

A huge jump in flex like that will keep your shot lower with the same curve.

I'll definitely try it if I have the chance to do so without shelling out for a top of the line stick (a demo opportunity or if a friend or team mate gets one), but I hope it's significantly less open than an Ovechkin pro curve.

It definitely is way more closed compared to that style of curve.

A huge jump in flex like that will keep your shot lower with the same curve.

I knew the flex would play a big part in the height of the shot. I hope the E28 is the same as the pattern I use because I love it, it's just too stiff for my liking.

Heatley is gone. It suffered from being too similar to the Iginla and not being very widely offered. I'm not really a fan of where they told us they are going with their curves, but I'm not in the target demographic.

Sad they're ditching the Heatley. Best curve they offered for me.

That's not surprising. It was at one point my fave pattern, but the RS and Mako were the only sticks you could get the Heatley curve in w/ a 75 flex. Wasn't available in the lower models.

I really want to try the Mako skates, though!

Edited by OptimusReim

Do they have a set date on when new Mako 2 line will be released, or at least an approximation? I'm definitely in the market for a new stick, but if this won't be out for quite a few months I'll definitely be going in on the original Mako. Also, just a general comment, does anyone know, or understand why Easton doesn't offer the Mako(and now the Mako 2)grip shaft in a 75 flex? I'm a little bummed out on that aspect!

Do they have a set date on when new Mako 2 line will be released, or at least an approximation? I'm definitely in the market for a new stick, but if this won't be out for quite a few months I'll definitely be going in on the original Mako. Also, just a general comment, does anyone know, or understand why Easton doesn't offer the Mako(and now the Mako 2)grip shaft in a 75 flex? I'm a little bummed out on that aspect!

They definitely offered the original Mako in a 75 flex grip shaft. I know, because I had one (that I had to warranty, which easton sent me a non-grip back... GRR)

Not sure about the Mako2 (I haven't looked at the catalogue yet).

Thanks JR. I admit that I skimmed the article fairly quickly, so I really appreciate you answering my question.

OptimusReim: Where did you find the 75 flex grip shaft if you don't mind answering? I've only seen the non-grip 75 flex shafts at the local shops around here(Chicago area). I've have "casually" been on the lookout for one, so I could have definitely missed them.

i tested some prototypes of the mako2 and i have the final version right now, its a solid stick but it kicks lower than the original mako. its lightweight goo feel, its shaft fiber weaving is made to last very long but the blade gets soft and chips apart very fast

Thanks JR. I admit that I skimmed the article fairly quickly, so I really appreciate you answering my question.

OptimusReim: Where did you find the 75 flex grip shaft if you don't mind answering? I've only seen the non-grip 75 flex shafts at the local shops around here(Chicago area). I've have "casually" been on the lookout for one, so I could have definitely missed them.

Sorry, I missed the "shaft" part.

Sounds like P12 will be my only option pretty soon.

Iginla, yea? Fairly close.

I ended up moving to RBK's Datsyuk since I could never find a Heatley and wanted to try something other than Easton.

And people think there's still significant market for toe curves when that curve is going by the wayside. I'd seen more guys use those than anything toe-ish.

It's a niche curve. I'm guilty of buying one every so often to try it, especially the freakishly grotesque curves like the Ovi pro, but always end up going back to a heel.

I haven't seen this information posted anywhere (possibly under wraps still?), but is their a release window for the Mako skate? Spring?

I haven't seen this information posted anywhere (possibly under wraps still?), but is their a release window for the Mako skate? Spring?

I'll ask on Saturday if it is confirmed.

Guess I'll be buying another Mako shaft...unless Easton decides to offers their 'Darby' pro curve at retail.

I would prefer that over all the toes and wild curves that are coming on the market.

Funny thing about the hall curves is i know what they are talking about when they mention loading the toe on the shot. The only problem with it is it rises very fast and is hard to aim. Feels like it takes a while to load as well. I use a 85 flex and these shots are like circus shots. Have to be inside the dots if im going to hit the net:)