Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Easton Hockey Catalogue

I still have a Tverdovsky laying around in the basement which is a nice mild mid/toe. I loved the original iteration of the Bure which was similar to the original Shanny, just a nice mid-ish curve with a neutral face. The Desjardins pattern wasn't too bad, reminded me a little of Easton's first Gretzky pattern.

All that said, I will be sad when the Iginla gets over modified. I've loved it on Easton's one piece offerings but have soured on how much it has flattened out in the tapered blades.

I still have a Tverdovsky laying around in the basement which is a nice mild mid/toe. I loved the original iteration of the Bure which was similar to the original Shanny, just a nice mid-ish curve with a neutral face. The Desjardins pattern wasn't too bad, reminded me a little of Easton's first Gretzky pattern. All that said, I will be sad when the Iginla gets over modified. I've loved it on Easton's one piece offerings but have soured on how much it has flattened out in the tapered blades.

agreed with the old iginla. when it came out it really resembled the recchi IMO.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who likes neutral mid curves, and am disappointed that the two Easton curves I like (Iggy and Heatley) are either being tweaked or removed altogether. Does anyone know if the Iggy curve will be tweaked for the initial release of the Mako 2 or will the first batches have the OG curve? And I’m assuming once this tweak takes place it will fall into all of Easton’s sticks, right? Just trying to gauge when I should stock up….

And I have a close friend who loves the Heatley (and is an Easton stick die-hard, particularly the Stealth line), does anyone know when this curve will officially be discontinued?

I used Bure’s P10 for years before it eventually went away (starting with wood then moving to Bauer blades on Easton UltraLites). I recall going a couple of years without an adequate replacement….tried a Sakic for a while but could never get use to the open face. Then I discovered Datsyuk’s P38 and it really is the closest thing I think I’ve found to the P10. When I finally transitioned to one piece and I wanted to stick to Easton (SE16 was my first dive into the 1piece world, and I wish I stocked up on the darned things), that’s when I found the Iggy curve being most similar (definitely some differences, size of blade, square vs. round toe, but it was still a moderate mid curve with a closed face and I transitioned to it quickly)…and I’ve been using it since.

The P88 is obviously similar, but I have never liked the lie so if that’s where the Iggy is going, and the Heatley is gone, I won’t have any Easton options left…

• Like 1

Mako 2 stick will be in stores Jan 3.

Some Mako protective will be in stores Jan 1.

Mako skate will be in stores March 15.

R800 helmet will be in stores mid-fall.

Can't wait for this. The mako skate looked amazing (and far less ugly up close than I had thought when I first saw it).

Wonderful. Thanks for the info. That is much sooner than I thought they would be released.

I used Bure’s P10 for years before it eventually went away (starting with wood then moving to Bauer blades on Easton UltraLites). I recall going a couple of years without an adequate replacement….tried a Sakic for a while but could never get use to the open face. Then I discovered Datsyuk’s P38 and it really is the closest thing I think I’ve found to the P10.

Bauer really pissed me off with the bure p10 transition. I loved the bure p10 in the black wood blades, but when they went to ops, the started calling the p10 the gagne, and they tweaked it and I couldn't stand the new p10. I've been bouncing between patterns ever since.

Is there any consensus as to how long the Mako skate will last? My TotalOnes only lasted a year and I don't want to spend that much on a pair of skates that will do the same thing.

Wow, you must play a LOT to go through top end skates that fast. That, or you don't take care of them.

Wow, you must play a LOT to go through top end skates that fast. That, or you don't take care of them.

Ya it was when I was good at hockey. Playing 6 days a week for like 5 months and then throughout the summer like 4 times a week really took a toll on them. I did everything I could to take care of them but it just wasn't enough.

No one can determine how long a pair will last for a certain person for skates that are already on the market, let alone one that hasn't been released yet.

Absolutely 100% dead on target

Bauer really pissed me off with the bure p10 transition. I loved the bure p10 in the black wood blades, but when they went to ops, the started calling the p10 the gagne, and they tweaked it and I couldn't stand the new p10. I've been bouncing between patterns ever since.

Have you tried the Datsyuk pattern? I really think that's the closest I've ever seen to a P10 (assuming it hasn't changed in the past couple of years, it's been about two/three years since I've used it myself).

I had the pleasure of testing out a new Mako with the E28 curve at Winterfest. The stick felt very light and well balanced and I noticed significantly more pop on my wrist and snap shots than I did when I tried the original Mako. I was also pleasantly surprised by the curve itself - it's definitely not as open as an Ovechkin pro and I actually had pretty decent control with it. It's definitely more open than the Warrior Smyth I'm used to, but it's still a nice curve.

The Mako gloves also felt really nice based on only trying them on.

Edited by althoma1

Do we know when pre-orders for the skate will go up? I"m assuming sometime in late January?

Never understood pre-orders. Why are you going to give a retailer a chance to make money (interest) on your money? It won't sell out...

• Like 1

Never understood pre-orders. Why are you going to give a retailer a chance to make money (interest) on your money? It won't sell out...

Which is why I don't get why they're even allowed. Not going to complain.... jumping on that bandwagon this year!

No one can determine how long a pair will last for a certain person for skates that are already on the market, let alone one that hasn't been released yet.

Since this is true,

you can't say that.

Absolutely 100% dead on target

I can't believe the E28 is not going to be offered in a blade. If you want to try it it's got to be the new Mako or nothing. Your mean Easton.