Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Easton Hockey Catalogue

I can't believe the E28 is not going to be offered in a blade. If you want to try it it's got to be the new Mako or nothing. Your mean Easton.

Slash it's brilliant to up sales of their top of the line stick

Hence why I said there mean haha. 250 instead of 60 SOB's. Either way they well be taking my money Jan 3

Also JR when you said that some protective well be in stores any chance the Mako mitt well be in there?

How much progress could they have made with that R800 helmet? I mean, I can't see anything getting lighter than the E700, and how much more protection could it actually offer?

But I was right, so that's okay :)

"Well that jacket has got to be blue. If it's not, then it must be a different color." That is what you said, I'd hope you'd be right :tongue:

"Well that jacket has got to be blue. If it's not, then it must be a different color." That is what you said, I'd hope you'd be right :tongue:

Actually not, but let's please move on and stay on topic.

How much progress could they have made with that R800 helmet? I mean, I can't see anything getting lighter than the E700, and how much more protection could it actually offer?

Nobody said it was lighter. The R800 isn't a E700 replacement; it's a completely different helmet/concept.

Just over anxious, I suppose.

Nothing wrong with that, I can't wait for these to come out either. Saw them up close this weekend. I agree that they are much better looking in person.

Nobody said it was lighter. The R800 isn't a E700 replacement; it's a completely different helmet/concept.

Which begs the question, why the hell would someone buy it? If it's not lighter, what would be the major selling point? Does it offer more protection? Everything I'm hearing about the E700, plus what I know from owning it, is that it's one of the best, if not the best, helmets on the market. Edited by mcawesome

Why? Because they would see football helmet technology and think that it's about time they brought that over. Check out the catalog. The lure of new tech is a big selling point, same deal with the Re-Akt.

Why? Because they would see football helmet technology and think that it's about time they brought that over. Check out the catalog. The lure of new tech is a big selling point, same deal with the Re-Akt.

The re-akt wasn't so much the tech for me as just the fact that it's the only bucket ive found thats actually comfortable on my head :P

Which begs the question, why the hell would someone buy it? If it's not lighter, what would be the major selling point? Does it offer more protection? Everything I'm hearing about the E700, plus what I know from owning it, is that it's one of the best, if not the best, helmets on the market.

Because it is using technology found in the Reidell 360 model helmet, the only helmet to get a 5 star rating from Virginia Tech.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/riddell-helmets-earn-highest-ranking-in-virginia-tech-helmet-ratings-for-second-year-running-149684325.html

Weight should never be the most important aspect of any hockey product you buy.

Which begs the question, why the hell would someone buy it? If it's not lighter, what would be the major selling point? Does it offer more protection? Everything I'm hearing about the E700, plus what I know from owning it, is that it's one of the best, if not the best, helmets on the market.

Because it is using technology found in the Reidell 360 model helmet, the only helmet to get a 5 star rating from Virginia Tech.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/riddell-helmets-earn-highest-ranking-in-virginia-tech-helmet-ratings-for-second-year-running-149684325.html

Weight should never be the most important aspect of any hockey product you buy.

Especially something that protects your head.

Like seeing the RS skate line branch out. The fit sounds like something up my alley.

But we've all agreed that there is no consussion proof helmet. To me, it's more of a money grab for Easton, with their rationale being, "We've brought in new technology used in football!"

That's not enough for me, considering football concussion rates are through the roof.

But we've all agreed that there is no consussion proof helmet. To me, it's more of a money grab for Easton, with their rationale being, "We've brought in new technology used in football!" That's not enough for me, considering football concussion rates are through the roof.

There may be no concussion proof helmet, but every company is trying to do what it can to mitigate that risk. Football players and their helmets are their principal point of contact in the NFL, unlike the NHL. Comparing the two isn't a good base to stand on.

Anybody know of the Mako2 shafts well be released jan 3 as well? IW already has pre orders up for the M2 as well for anybody that wanted to know.

But we've all agreed that there is no consussion proof helmet. To me, it's more of a money grab for Easton, with their rationale being, "We've brought in new technology used in football!" That's not enough for me, considering football concussion rates are through the roof.

Concussion-proof? No. Concussion preventing? Absolutely.

Absolutely love the new Mako line coming out. Over the past year I've slowly been going from Bauer to Easton piece by piece just because they keep putting out better and better equipment. I finally got a matte black e700 a couple months ago. My M5 two-piece broke a couple weeks ago (the shaft broke just above the separation for blades) and so I bought an M2 to replace it. Kinda wished I had waited so that I could try out one of the new Mako 2's. Hopefully at some point I can try out the Mako elbow pads and gloves. I love the way they look (especially the white/orange gloves). Well done, Easton. Can't wait.

Also, I've seen a picture of (I think) Benn using a new Mako stick and a picture of some Euro player using the Mako skates, but has anyone seen any other pictures of players using new Mako gear?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="andyolly" data-cid="948148" data-time="1355644774"><p>

Also, I've seen a picture of (I think) Benn using a new Mako stick and a picture of some Euro player using the Mako skates, but has anyone seen any other pictures of players using new Mako gear?</p></blockquote>

Check the 2012-2013 gear sightings thread

Am I correct in my understanding that the modifications to the iginla pattern are going to make it similar to Bauer's p88? If so I might be interested in trying it. I've tried the p88 a couple times and liked the curve, but always felt the bottom had too much rocker so it never felt like I had enough blade on the ice.