Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Easton Hockey Catalogue

Having a stable name like E28 for a curve makes more sense that having an ever changing player's name attached to the curve.

But it's not just that one pattern, it's for all patterns across the entire Mako line. I still hear guys referring to patterns by their names (ex. Sakic/Hall, Modano, Iginla, etc.) Very rarely do I hear somebody say I want a P4/E4 or a P7/E7 pattern. The Stealth line of sticks still have the names on them so I'm not sure why they stopped doing that with the Mako 2. If anything, the lack of will cause a small inconvenience among the bulk of casual customers.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't get to this quicker - E28 only on Mako. No other stick....... Also, goes down to jr, and starts out mild on a jr and gradually morphs to the sr version

Does this mean the E28 is different on the int vs the sr stick? If so how much different?

It means that the curve isn't as pronounced and the blade length is shorter.

But it's not just that one pattern, it's for all patterns across the entire Mako line. I still hear guys referring to patterns by their names (ex. Sakic/Hall, Modano, Iginla, etc.) Very rarely do I hear somebody say I want a P4/E4 or a P7/E7 pattern. The Stealth line of sticks still have the names on them so I'm not sure why they stopped doing that with the Mako 2. If anything, the lack of will cause a small inconvenience among the bulk of casual customers.

Just like the constant renaming of patterns causes an inconvenience among the bulk of casual customers who don't know what their favorite curve has become.

One can argue that Easton's endorsees haven't been what it was in the past, so making this change now helps clean that up.

Thanks for the info. I was going to try an int because I cut about 9" off my sticks. But I guess I'll have to go look at the differences in the curves. I'm coming from a gionta and hoping this will be a good alternative. I'm guessing I'll want the sr curve in an int flex. :)

Do any of you adults use int sticks? Or am I wrong in wanting to try the lighter flex? Thanks

Thanks for the info. I was going to try an int because I cut about 9" off my sticks. But I guess I'll have to go look at the differences in the curves. I'm coming from a gionta and hoping this will be a good alternative. I'm guessing I'll want the sr curve in an int flex. :)

Do any of you adults use int sticks? Or am I wrong in wanting to try the lighter flex? Thanks

IIRC int sticks use the same blade as sr just that the shaft is slightly smaller and in a lighter flex

I might be fool of saying such a thing, but with both mako and stealth line, I see a very bright future for easton. Now that all of their gear is out there, they just need to market it better and manage to have the max visibility from the nhl.

imho, Easton hasn't put out anything particularly innovative or groundbreaking in sticks since they introduced the elliptical taper on the S17s.

regarding curves, the only consumers who seem to occasionally refer to the curve name by code number is with Bauer. I hear almost as many 'P88' or 'P92' references as 'Kane' or 'Backstrom'. Almost everyone refers to Warrior, Reebok, CCM and Easton patterns by player name.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AIREAYE" data-cid="950146" data-time="1357526891"><p> I hear almost as many 'P88' or 'P92' references as 'Kane' or 'Backstrom'.</p></blockquote>

Seconded

Edited by Buzz_LightBeer

imho, Easton hasn't put out anything particularly innovative or groundbreaking in sticks since they introduced the elliptical taper on the S17s.

regarding curves, the only consumers who seem to occasionally refer to the curve name by code number is with Bauer. I hear almost as many 'P88' or 'P92' references as 'Kane' or 'Backstrom'. Almost everyone refers to Warrior, Reebok, CCM and Easton patterns by player name.

Yeah; it was the opposite with Bauer though - they had pattern numbers early but didn't have the popular names, or when they did, they couldn't keep them.

Yeah; it was the opposite with Bauer though - they had pattern numbers early but didn't have the popular names, or when they did, they couldn't keep them.

Interesting, surprising for me given that Bauer's been in hockey forever. Though if I think about it, current brands like Sherwood and Easton have held the stick market longer than Bauer has. Bauer's only shown success in the stick market within the past decade if I'm not mistaken.

Interesting, surprising for me given that Bauer's been in hockey forever. Though if I think about it, current brands like Sherwood and Easton have held the stick market longer than Bauer has. Bauer's only shown success in the stick market within the past decade if I'm not mistaken.

The 3030 was huge around here, but most of their composite products were not all that good until the One90 was introduced.

Helmets prevent fractures, not concussions.

Largest concussion study since Roosevelt agrees with chip, with the sole exception of localised direct impacts (e.g. pucks) being mitigated to at least sub-clinical levels by soft padding and an extremely rigid shell (e.g. a high-end composite goalie masks). Helmets can't prevent the axial movement that causes shearing inside the skull (worst) or any other post-impact movement inside the skull (only slightly less awful).

That said, the air bladder fitting system has been used successfully in goalie masks at the very highest levels of play (in ProMasques) for a very long time now, and it at least helps to eliminate off-the-rack fit issues as contributing factors. Closest you can get to a perfect fit without custom padding.

Will Easton be making a goalie skate based on the mlx?

Just put the Mako boots in any other company's cowling. A goalie boot is just a player boot with (usually) a generalised fit and a chopped-down tendon guard -- and, sometimes for fun, lesser materials.

That may change in their next development cycle, if it hasn't (under the hood) already. They stole a really, really interesting young materials engineer from Warrior.

Also, I may have just missed it in last year's catalogue, but the Mako glove's "Fast Fingers" are really a neat piece of design: like a miniaturised version of an internal break in a goalie pad's vertical roll. My only caution here is that these fingers will probably, like internal breaks, 'look' and feel stiffer (and 'longer') at first, so there may be some perception issues to overcome, but the results should be excellent provided everything else about the glove is solid.

Yup, how many names has the PM9 had since 2002? Answer, a sh*t ton.

No, it's basically the Kreps curve. Similar to the Ovi, but toned down a little to make it a little more usable.
Seems to look a lot like Letangs pro stock curve. Bummed that it wont be available in blades only sticks.

I saw the new 4 rolls or "Pro" glove the other day and they are quite a change from its predecessor. The glove is more fitted than their old traditional 4 roll. And the glove appears and felt more angled than the regular fit. The padding at the end of the glove (above the cuff and wrist) now has plastic inserts.

Regarding the R800, how much do you know about it and if so, how would you guys compare it to the re-akt and other top end helmets

Really no way to compare them because it's a totally new level/concept.

It will be interesting to see the final product and how it does on the marketplace.

• Like 1