Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

2013 WinnWell Catalogue

Sorry to hijack this thread with more of a TPS question, but I saw some reference to the quality declining after Sher-Wood off-shored production - was this in reference to sticks, gloves, or both?

I like the design of the TPS R8/R10/WinnWell Pro Stock gloves.

Does anyone know how the last iteration of the TPS R10 compares to the R8's everyone seemed to love, and the new WinnWells? There is a pair of nice-looking R10's at a local sports apparel store that decided to dabble in equipment and had my eye on them. These: http://www.sher-wood.com/en/products/protective/glove-r10

The biggest difference is the Winwell gloves are knit and not synthetic leather.

Thanks for everyone's real positive comments.....

As it relates to product availability - the following are our expected delivery dates

Composite sticks - AMP 1100 / AMP 900 - most are in stock - limited flex / curves - mostly being used within our Junior Teams.

Gloves - PRO STOCK - We have stock colours in house ready to be shipped out....we are working on a custom process whereby Team specific ( or player specific) gloves will / can be ordered. We've had a few requests for Ranger style Pro Stock....Stay tuned!

Gloves - GX8 - Our target is to have them in house mid to late May 2013 - just in time for those summer leagues and fitting days for teams.

For those interested - we will have full sample bag of sticks and gloves for all to test out at this Summer's event!

Sorry to hijack this thread with more of a TPS question, but I saw some reference to the quality declining after Sher-Wood off-shored production - was this in reference to sticks, gloves, or both?

I like the design of the TPS R8/R10/WinnWell Pro Stock gloves.

Does anyone know how the last iteration of the TPS R10 compares to the R8's everyone seemed to love, and the new WinnWells? There is a pair of nice-looking R10's at a local sports apparel store that decided to dabble in equipment and had my eye on them. These: http://www.sher-wood.com/en/products/protective/glove-r10

The biggest difference is the Winwell gloves are knit and not synthetic leather.

Additionally, that particular iteration is the "new tapered fit", which I personally hate. They are much narrower, and have significantly less volume than the original HGT/R8/R10 series.

Thanks for everyone's real positive comments.....

As it relates to product availability - the following are our expected delivery dates

Composite sticks - AMP 1100 / AMP 900 - most are in stock - limited flex / curves - mostly being used within our Junior Teams.

Gloves - PRO STOCK - We have stock colours in house ready to be shipped out....we are working on a custom process whereby Team specific ( or player specific) gloves will / can be ordered. We've had a few requests for Ranger style Pro Stock....Stay tuned!

Gloves - GX8 - Our target is to have them in house mid to late May 2013 - just in time for those summer leagues and fitting days for teams.

For those interested - we will have full sample bag of sticks and gloves for all to test out at this Summer's event!

Thanks for the update!

Eagerly awaiting the day when I'm able to order those PS Calgary Flames third colorway gloves. Not fond of paying $200+ for a pair on ebay...

Thanks for the update!

Eagerly awaiting the day when I'm able to order those PS Calgary Flames third colorway gloves. Not fond of paying $200+ for a pair on ebay...

+1

I'm looking forward to getting a pair or Oilers colorway gloves when they're out. I'm not into taking out a car loan to get some Warrior's made.

Just wanted to highlight a key feature of the GX-8 pants that, on my first few scan-throughs, I missed. I believe that they're the only retail pant out now with a +2" extension accesible via zipper. Other pants, like Reebok's current line, only offer +1". It also fits on the snugger side in the waist. AFAIK, they're also the most economical retail option for a pant that fits (or can fit) on the longer side. Seems like a true match for taller and skinnier rec-level and/or intermediate level players and growing kids.

Thanks to the guys at Winnwell (esp Steve and Keaton) for allowing me to borrow a sample to try on!

Are the leg zippers in the pants the small metal teeth style (like what Bauer uses) or the chunky plastic teeth style (like what Reebok uses)?

Has anyone tried the AMP 700 stick? Knowledge is limited here in the UK but looking at the AMP as opposed to the Sherwood N6 or N8.

Also, I've been using a Draper curve on the Warrior sticks, what would the equivalent curve be on a Winnwell?

Thanks

Has anyone tried the AMP 700 stick? Knowledge is limited here in the UK but looking at the AMP as opposed to the Sherwood N6 or N8.

Also, I've been using a Draper curve on the Warrior sticks, what would the equivalent curve be on a Winnwell?

Thanks

Winnwell equivalent of the Draper is the PS119. I say get a T90. For the same price as the AMP700, the T90 is a higher quality stick (100% carbon fiber, same blade foam as EK15 and T100, 475 grams, etc.). If you really want a low-kick stick, just get a T90 LKP (Low Kick Point) at the same price as the regular mid-kick T90.

Edited by MrData

Winnwell equivalent of the Draper is the PS119. I say get a T90. For the same price as the AMP700, the T90 is a higher quality stick (100% carbon fiber, same blade foam as EK15 and T100, 475 grams, etc.). If you really want a low-kick stick, just get a T90 LKP (Low Kick Point) at the same price as the regular mid-kick T90.

Thanks, I did check them out but they're quite expensive over here (UK). I may opt for a couple of Winnwell GX8's as they are well priced in my budget and I've seen a number of reviews rating them highly.

• Like 1

Thanks, I did check them out but they're quite expensive over here (UK). I may opt for a couple of Winnwell GX8's as they are well priced in my budget and I've seen a number of reviews rating them highly.

Good morning Alex - The GX8 model is one of the best values in the market for a number of reasons - worked with our stick supplier to get the best value ( price vs specs) / older model at the end of the life cycle.

These sticks are almost all gone - if you like them - pick one up.

Great feedback on the replacement version - the specs are more closely related to the AMP900 and the Q8 model. Same curve and flex options as those offered in the GX8 just updated design and feel.