Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

Ahh I see, thanks. Is this the first time that Warrior has brought down an NHL-spec cap down to retail? I know the 2011 and 2012 Projekt caps were pretty soft, but I didn't want to go around sticking pins in my/the store stock haha so I wasn't sure.

Regarding the 2 piece sticks, I noticed that the blades only have the one spar. Other than that, would they be comparable to the blades on the high end sticks as far as performance and weight goes?

Are there any release dates known yet?

I'm really excited to see this stuff from Warrior. I'll definitely be picking up the AX1 protective, stick, and maybe some Covert gloves.

Warrior is the best!

This line stood out at me regarding the elbow pads: "if you are one of those guys like me who won’t get rid of their Jofas, this surely makes it tempting to"

That really is high praise indeed, and I shall be trying some out at the earliest opportunity!

A few questions. I've become a pretty big Warrior fan and love the debut of the helmet the past year, by far one of my favorite purchases, it's just so comfortable. I may be in the market for new gloves too seeing as my Franchise palms were eaten by a rat. The thread about that with pictures is on here somewhere (still waiting to get those back repalmed).

Anyhow:

I wanted to invest in new protective gear last year as mine is getting a bit old and some pieces need to be replaced but I held off this past year because I am not a fan of white, the reason being is it has a bad habit of yellowing very quickly. It just kind of looks dirtier than it sometimes is, I prefer to pretend that there's no staph growing on my gear than have to be reminded by the color to lysol my stuff after games every now and then. Why did they have to go with white again instead of maybe a gray? Is it for white jerseys in the NHL? Do they not want it showing through so much underneath the jerseys?

I have never had a great set of elbow pads that will stay locked on my arms. I'm a right handed shot and as such that pad likes to slide down all the time. I heard last years project? pads found a way to make the pad stay in place but I remain skeptical and wasn't prepared to make the investment for an unknown. I truly miss the one little thing the old Vapor 10s (circa 2002?) had, a clip that married the elbow pads which had a strap on them.

1-2245.jpg

1-2248.jpg

It's very difficult to see on the elbow pads the strap but you could thread it through that clip on the end of the shoulder pads and voila, the elbow pads would never slip down. Ever. This was also where I discovered I didn't care much for white colored gear.

On the Covert DT1 pants could someone explain how the belt works? I never see it fastened. Is it just two straps that are each fastened individually and they just kind of hang down? Is there a traditional strap like shown on the DT2? Also just a personal preference but what are everyone's feelings on zipper vs lace? I'm a lean build so I always prefer zipper because when I lace up I always feel like I have a bunch of lace leftover hanging down. I have to get creative with getting it out of the way or just getting a different sized lace, just a minor annoyance.

Altogether if my local place has any of the new stuff I'm excited to try it on and at least see the fit. I really like how they added an intermediate as sometimes I feel like the fit is slightly better for me with some pieces of gear (elbow pads).

Forgot to mention, I do like that they added some yellow and gray to the inside of the shins and elbow pads instead of it being white so I imagine that would go a fairly long way and makes me feel better about them not looking horrendous after a few games. :smile:

Although, the edges and seems may look a bit dirty, wish they covered those seems with a color other than white. Just nit picking.

vtaenz -

I can't answer why they chose the colors they did, but I've never had a problem with white equipment, personally. I really take care of my equipment (my youngest piece of protective is my girdle which is 5 years old. Elbows are 12, shins are 19 but I've owned them for 4.

As far as your issue with them sliding down, a simple modification can be made on your part to replicate the Vapor system. Wouldn't be hard to install a strap hanging on the bicep pad as well as one on the elbow pad with the buckle.

The pant has clips on both ends that lock when the strap is pulled. Pulling them the opposite way loosens it.

Ah thanks for the reply.

I suppose I could look into doing the modification. May not be a bad idea to start doing it on the side for people and see how it goes.

Thanks for clarification on the pants. I need to see them in person to get a feel for them.

Is the Dynasty ax1 junior really 57" as stated in the catalog, and can the 3" be cut with no change, like the longer sticks ??

if so, thats a winner! thx

Edited by Morten

Is the Dynasty ax1 junior really 57" as stated in the catalog, and can the 3" be cut with no change, like the longer sticks ??

if so, thats a winner! thx

Catalog mistake, it's 51"

So no covert protective, just covert pants. Same for dynasty, just protective no pants? I'm in need of new shins and maybe elbows. Holding out. May try on the covert pants and gloves too. Really dig the dt1 and ax1 so far.

So no covert protective, just covert pants. Same for dynasty, just protective no pants? I'm in need of new shins and maybe elbows. Holding out. May try on the covert pants and gloves too. Really dig the dt1 and ax1 so far.

If you're looking for elbows, get a pair of Projekts before they become hard to find!!