Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Warrior Hockey Catalogue

Went to the Lets play hockey expo and saw the new Covert DT1 gloves.

What a disappointment. They were ugly.... Shoudlve kept the luxe look and simply renamed it and improve protection by adding plastic inserts throughout.

That weird air mesh on the glove and the disappearance of the Silver Shield. Almost looks like a Mission glove.

Stitched logo made it look like a quality glove but id take the luxe anyday.

I was depressed they didnt showcase the new protective gear.

They know how to throw a fun atmosphere and had sick pro stock gloves and stick to showcase.

Still love warrior but i think they dropped the ball on the new Covert Gloves.

Edited by IDoezIt

Went to the Lets play hockey expo and saw the new Covert DT1 gloves.

What a disappointment. They were ugly.... Shoudlve kept the luxe look and simply renamed it and improve protection by adding plastic inserts throughout.

That weird air mesh on the glove and the disappearance of the Silver Shield. Almost looks like a Mission glove.

Stitched logo made it look like a quality glove but id take the luxe anyday.

I was depressed they didnt showcase the new protective gear.

They know how to throw a fun atmosphere and had sick pro stock gloves and stick to showcase.

Still love warrior but i think they dropped the ball on the new Covert Gloves.

They're really comfortable though. The new liner is really nice.

A couple people have mentioned the Covert DT1 pants are "tweaked" Projekts from last year.

I'm trying to decide between picking up some Projekts on sale or waiting for the DT1s.

What specifically are the differences between the two? They look identical(?).

Edited by Mike - MN
  • Like 1

Any actual release date on the protective yet? A post on Twitter said sometime in April but no date

Great Skate/Hockey Empire has the Warrior Dynasty AX1 protective line in stock, but only has the elbows in Sr. Small and Medium.

I was able to play around with the new dynasty protective....

Elbow pads are extremely similar to the prostock rbk 7k elbows. Elbows really locks in there, really comfy

Shinpads are comfortable, great knee forward flex and knee cradle lock

Shoulder pads are comfy, really adjustable on the sides and on the bicep pieces

EDIT: I should've mentioned the above was the axy1 line

Edited by ibeck
  • Like 1

I got to try the AX2 elbow. They were a great fit for me, but a little too much pad. I really want to check out the ax3 and if the fit/strapping system is similar I may get them. also waiting to try the ax3 shoulder pads. Got to try on the AX1 shin. They were also a bit much padding for my level of play. Looking to change out my current shins so may wait for the ax2 or ax3. My problem with a lot of shins is how small my legs are. the calf wrap on the bauer supreme line goes all the way past the velcro.

sweeeet! i like how theyre trying to unify their lines. no more odd names for tiers of their protective, numbers do that job much better.
now i wont be worrying which is the better stick ie dynasty, widow, dolomite all sound like top of the tine sticks.

But they were all top of the line sticks lol. Warrior's position entering the market for the first time was built around bright, loud, slightly provocative and humorous imagery and marketing. They grabbed the attention of the market and that approach has led to success for them thus far. I think that now, having more or less solidified their position among the bigger players, they are shuffling back in line with naming and imagery, instead promoting their technology and innovation instead. Interesting transformation.

Although the numerical nomenclature is standard and traditional and easier to understand, I'm beginning to miss the earlier days lol.

I got to try on some stuff today finally.

I really liked the shoulder pads. Surprised they werent bulky. Im in U+ Pros now and ive been spoiled by how low profile they are, the caps on the Ax1 were pretty nice. not as low profile but good.

It felt a stiff in the front panel but im sure thats just cause its new. I hate hate having those 2 piece bicep guards, so id probably go with the AX2 .. pratically the same pad except its a one piece bicep guard.

But i what i REALLY liked was the AX1 Elbow pads/

They feel nearly identical to pro stock jofas. I had 7ks before and like ibeck said. Almost identical in terms of feel, fit, and protection. Might be my next purchase.

I sold my jofas cause the strapping system pinched on my skin thus making it uncomfortable, but with Warriors strapping system, i dont have that problem. I like it.

Edited by IDoezIt

This is for anyone who's tried the AX1 shins: How narrow are they? I'm trying to find a shin guard that's pretty much as narrow as possible and I've heard these are pretty narrow?

This line stood out at me regarding the elbow pads: "if you are one of those guys like me who wont get rid of their Jofas, this surely makes it tempting to"

That really is high praise indeed, and I shall be trying some out at the earliest opportunity!

Anyone try these yet? Inwear a medium in Rbk 9Ks how will the warriors fit? True to size? Smaller/larger? Thanks

The elbow pads are very impressive – if you are one of those guys like me who won’t get rid of their Jofas, this surely makes it tempting to.

I am and now I must try these on,

The projekts and and crazy light elbows have been the only things to tempt me so far and neither stole me away.