Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kjcjhockey

Warrior Covert DT1

2012 Warrior DT1

Personal Specs

6'1"

220lbs

RW

Jr. and College Experience

Timeframe: 40-50 hours

Aesthetics: Warrior has toned down the overall graphics and 'flashiness' seen on many previous models. The black and white color scheme is subtle and quite conservative. 10/10

Weight/balance: The DT1, like many other sticks in this price range, is extremely light. With their 'True 1' technology they've figured out a way to create an ideal balance not found in many of the fused OPS's. Given how light the stick is, if it was blade heavy you'd know instantly. 10/10

Performance: This is where I've seen the most improvement vs the Widow. With the flex point lower on the stick my shots seems to load and release far quicker and easier than with older Warrior models. I'm finding that even with a stiff flex my snap shots are crisp and clean. Slap shots are solid as always. True to Warrior's claims, the stick flexes like a bow, at the hands and bottom. It takes a few shots/passes to get used to, but once you figure out how to take advantage of this the stick really shines. 9/10

Puck handling: If there was one complaint I have with this stick it's with the 'pop' or 'crispy' nature of the blade. At times firm passes are difficult to control because they seem to bounce off the blade. I've adjusted and have found this problem easy to overcome. The 'out of box' first time experience can be frustrating initially if you're not prepared. 7/10

Durability: Durability has been typical of a Warrior. I'm no longer worried each time a take a one-timer that my stick is going to snap. Both my Easton RS's snapped on one-timers after a few games. I've never been easy on sticks given my size and style of game, however the DT1 has stood strong. The blade hasn't split or fade, and thus far there are no cracks. In my opinion one of the most important aspects of a stick that is expected to hold up is it's ability to maintain it's proper flex. I've found over and over that my sticks that last more than three months lose their flex and become to whippy. (My friends know that too and love my hand-me-downs). Thus far I haven't felt the stick go soft. The flex has stayed consistent which is a huge plus. The paint on the graphics, like all sticks, chips and flakes after a few games, but in my opinion that is to be expected. 9/10

Conclusion: Overall I'm very excited about the DT1. Warrior is so confident we the consumers will love it they've offered the 30 day unconditional guarantee If you don't like it, you can return it. I figured that if a company is willing to invest this much into their brand something great must be going on. It was a risk I was willing to take and I've been a very happy customer. Take note of one item, the stick comes 63", one to two inches longer than most sticks. As a taller player I was happy about this, however pay attention to your preferred flex if you'll be cutting the stick down more than normal. Overall Score: 9/10

Warrior Covert DT1

Flex: 75

Curve: Kovalev

Height: 6'
Weight: 175
Postition: Forward

Time-frame of use: Approx 2 months

Aesthetics: I really like what Warrior has done in the past few years graphic wise. They no longer have dragons all down the shaft, or a skull in the middle. Their graphics are much cleaner now. Overall the stick has a fairly simple look. I like it, but wouldn't mind if their was a little bit of colour in it.
9/10

Weight and Balance: My last two sticks have been a Warrior Dynasty and Bauer one95. Coming from those two the weight is pretty good. The balance is also good. Overall it does not feel as nice weight/balance wise as the x60 I used, but it is right up there.
9/10

Blade: One of the biggest things I noticed with this blade is how stiff it is. It doesn't seem to want to flex at all. I personally have been liking it.
10/10

Shaft/Flex: This stick is very different flex wise. It took a little while to get use to. You can really feel the bottom part of the stick flex and follow through like it is catapulting the puck. On slap shots I found I had to lower my bottom had more than usual for a more consistent shot. The geometry of the shaft feels good in my hands. I do like the diamond grip they use. So far has lasted really well, no signs of peeling like some other grips do.
9/10

Stickhandling and Passing: It is probably just coincidence but my stick handling has seemed to improved after buying the stick. I can feel the puck pretty well on it. The balance of the stick also helps out. The feel is not the same at all as my one95, but I like it. Catching passes haven't been a problem. The blade doesn't seem to absorb the passes, it seems to hit it then just stop.
9/10

Shooting: My wrist shots have been great with this stick. Probably the best I have ever used in that aspect. It seems like I need to put a little bit more weight into my slap shots when using this stick. With my one95 and Dynasty, they stick seemed to load easier in that regard. I am sure this is due to the dagger taper. While my slapshots aren't as effortless, when I do catch the puck right they just fly off the blade. I think this will only improve as I get more used to the stick. Long story short, wrist shots have been amazing, slap shots are still good but not great.
9/10

Durability: This has been my single biggest problem with Warrior sticks. They seems to break fairly quickly for me, especially around the blade. I was thrilled to hear they tried to address this problem. So far my stick has been holding up great. A few scratches, couple of minor chips, but nothing alarming at all. I've been very happy.
9/10

Conclusion: Overall this is my favorite stick. If your looking for a stick mainly for wrist/snap shots, and you like or don't mind a hard blade then look at this for sure. However if your a person who likes mid kick sticks or can't stand really hard blades then maybe look at something else.
9.5/10

Warrior Covert DT1

Flex: 85

Curve: Chara

Height: 5'10
Weight: 215
Postition: Forward

Time-frame of use: three week's

Aesthetics: i really like the new look warrior has gone to. gone are the days of the crazy dragon's and such. 10/10
Weight and Balance: i have always found warrior to be on the heavy side, until most recently. the dt1is very light, on par with top end bauer. the balance has always been great with warrior. this twig is no exception. very good balance, makes puck handling a joy. 10/10
Blade: stiff, stiff and more stiff. very strong and light. holds true while shooting, i take a lot of faceoff's and most of the time i can feel the blade bend if i do not win the draw clean. not this stick. only issue i had was the outer coating on the blade. i don't really know what it was, but it would keep coming off after every tape job. never hurt my shoot or anything else for that matter. just odd. 9/10
Shaft/Flex: the shaft is great, i like smaller shafts for my hands and this one fit the bill. double concave is a great feature. the flex is where the dt1 shine's. the release is lighting quick and fast. the dt1 is a low kick point stick, so i feel as the stick played stiffer then an 85 at first. it did break in once i got used to it, i tossed all my others a side. 10/10
Stickhandling and Passing: stickhandling was tough at first, puck feel is lacking a tic for me. i did adjust to it and was a very minor issue. in my first game i noticed i had to look down at the puck a few times. by next game it wasnt a problem. with a stiff blade this will happen, and i perfer it this way. passing was dead to right's accurate. no issues here. 8/10
Shooting: the best part of the dt1 was the shooting. accurate, fast and quick. you can really feel the low kick point load up and release. the blade is so stiff, the pucks just jump off. 10/10
Durability: bahh she broke after my third game. it was a decent slash but she broke right about in the middle. i would chalk it up to the slash, but i have had issue with warrior in the past. 3/10
Conclusion: all in all, this was my favorite stick i have ever took on the ice. once the replacement comes i will beat it up to test how long she will last. 60/70