Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

file://localhost/Users/jackcadden/Desktop/72221_10151436906169258_2094440272_n.jpg

anyone know if this is apx 2 or kane has a speacial colorway like he did for the '09 winter classic

I mentioned this to the Bauer rep at winter fest... I really think they exercised poor judgment when labeling the steel for the new edge system (The steel itself only says ls2, catalog says ls2 edge). How many people will call shops asking for ls2, and require the edge variant? Or their parents head into the shop, and don't know that they've got the new version... Or old version... Sure competent shop employees talking to competent customers can get it right, but yeah.... Like that ever happens.

Funny story (at least it's funny now), but I was looking at the catalogue and noticed that the IMS11.0 helmet was described as simply a Bauer-branded M11 Pro, and various outlets on the Internet were describing it as such.

However, in my writeup, I noted that the 11 has perforated foam and PoronXRD in the liner. So, at this point, I was losing my mind, thinking I was spreading bad info.

I went ahead and emailed CJ and he said indeed that the information is correct -

ims11.jpg

The catalogue was finalized before the helmet was, and at the time, it was just going to be as described. I'm putting this up here to clear up any confusion.

• Like 1

you said they changed it

Funny story (at least it's funny now), but I was looking at the catalogue and noticed that the IMS11.0 helmet was described as simply a Bauer-branded M11 Pro, and various outlets on the Internet were describing it as such.

However, in my writeup, I noted that the 11 has perforated foam and PoronXRD in the liner. So, at this point, I was losing my mind, thinking I was spreading bad info.

I went ahead and emailed CJ and he said indeed that the information is correct -

ims11.jpg

The catalogue was finalized before the helmet was, and at the time, it was just going to be as described. I'm putting this up here to clear up any confusion.

You're missing the point I'm trying to make.

If you read the catalogue, it doesn't mention the changed interior.

Some websites and blogs (who most likely haven't even seen the product and are "reviewing" it based on reading the catalogue) are spreading bad information.

My post was to reiterate that the helmet is changed and the info I posted a few months ago is indeed correct.

• Like 1

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. But as a Parent to a child who is on the brink of outgrowing his Vapor X5.0 skates, what is the equivilent to the X5.0 in the new Bauer models and when do they expect to hit retails shelves? I saw a Date of April 15th for some of the protective gear but wasn't sure on the skates.

Thanks all,

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. But as a Parent to a child who is on the brink of outgrowing his Vapor X5.0 skates, what is the equivilent to the X5.0 in the new Bauer models and when do they expect to hit retails shelves? I saw a Date of April 15th for some of the protective gear but wasn't sure on the skates.

Thanks all,

as for me X80 is more similar to X5's according to specs and sizing

• Like 1

as for me X80 is more similar to X5's according to specs and sizing

Yeah, actually, you are right. On second look, the 70 has a TPR outsole and the lower-grade steel.

Is the Apx2 as stiff as the Apx? Liked the X60 when it came out - but felt the APX was to stiff (almost like a skiing boot). Second: Will there be a Total One NXG pant ?