Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

Is the Apx2 as stiff as the Apx? Liked the X60 when it came out - but felt the APX was to stiff (almost like a skiing boot). Second: Will there be a Total One NXG pant ?

The APX2 & APX are extremely similar skates. Stiffness wise they are near identical. The X100 has a slight dropoff in stiffness compared to the apx2/apx, but because of the Curv composite, it is still a very stiff skate. If you wanted a skate similar in stiffness and features as the x60/x7.0, you will want the x90.

As JR mentioned the TotalONE NXG pant (And all Supreme pants) is now a girdle system, if you're looking for the TotalONE replacement, you will want the Nexus 1000.

• Like 2

The APX2 & APX are extremely similar skates. Stiffness wise they are near identical. The X100 has a slight dropoff in stiffness compared to the apx2/apx, but because of the Curv composite, it is still a very stiff skate. If you wanted a skate similar in stiffness and features as the x60/x7.0, you will want the x90.

As JR mentioned the TotalONE NXG pant (And all Supreme pants) is now a girdle system, if you're looking for the TotalONE replacement, you will want the Nexus 1000.

Great to hear about the TotalONE NXG pant - eager to hear more. Any timeline about further details / availability?

Does the APX2 have more padding than the APX? To many it felt uncomfortable on the inside (compared to the former X60 as top model) and hence were switching to the TotalOne NXG.

How does the APX2 compare to the NXG in terms of fit / performance / agility?

My catalogue review wasn't enough? It's not like there's any hidden details.

APX is a Vapor, NXG a Supreme. The differences between the two boots have been documented for years.

• Like 1

I am so confused now with the new line of skates and their corresponding numbers. Currently my son has the X7.0's and will be needing new ones shortly. Is this correct, the APX2's are the top, come in sizes as small as 3.0 JR, the X100's the next level down, (very close to the APX) and come as small as 1.0 in JR. Are there any changes to the X7.0's?

Thanks

'

I am so confused now with the new line of skates and their corresponding numbers. Currently my son has the X7.0's and will be needing new ones shortly. Is this correct, the APX2's are the top, come in sizes as small as 3.0 JR, the X100's the next level down, (very close to the APX) and come as small as 1.0 in JR. Are there any changes to the X7.0's?

Thanks

'

This is all correct. The X90 isn't an exact copy of the X7.0/X60 skate, however it is very close to it. That is the skate that is replacing the X7.0s.

I think his question is: are large tall pants typically longer or shorter than xl pants?

XL Bauer pants fit longer than large pants, not sure by how many inches.

Yes this is exactly what I was referring to. Just hoping that the Large Tall will indeed end up with extra length over a XL.

Hearing that this girdle comes in a tall finally has me really excited about trying one. Haven't worn one since the Coopers in the late 80's early 90's.

If I had to guess, LT will be the same length as XL. This is just a guess...

Bauer large pants fits up to 6'1", XL up to 6'3"

IMS Helmets look really really ugly

NXG pants might be interesting though (if durability hasn't decreased)

Edited by stevenmeier

The other big advance in this category is the Tuuk Lightspeed EDGE holder. The holder height has been bumped up 3mm in both towers for a greater attack angle; you are able to turn tighter because the ability to get lower on your turns has been increased.

Hmm, I did just do a bit of quick maths (even though my trigonometry is a little bit rusty), and these are my results:

At the position I "bottom out" on my LS2 skates my holder (including steel) is approx 60mm tall, width of my skate from the middle is approx 45mm, so I have a triangle:

X = blade/centerline of the holder = 60mm

Y = middle to outside of the skate = 45mm

Z = distance between edge and outside of the skate = Sqrt(X^2+Y^2) = 75mm

A = angle between X & Z = arcsin(Y / Z) = 36.9°

Same calculation with X' = 63mm (3mm taller holder)

Z' = 77.4mm

A' = 35.6°

So the new 3mm taller holder would make your maximum angle (90° - A) to the ice shallower by 1.3° or a delta of about 3.5% (with A = 100%, A' = 96.5%, dunno if it makes sense to express this value in %).

Am I correct in assuming that adding both a heel- and toe-lift of 3mm to my regular LS2 holder would result in more psychological than a physical cornering advantage? Or is my (attempt in) math just plain wrong?

I was told that they are no longer making the ls2.1 in the regular bolt style. I still see them in the catalog so i am wondering if it was a mistake my the guy or a mistake on the catalog. Thanks

I was told that they are no longer making the ls2.1 in the regular bolt style. I still see them in the catalog so i am wondering if it was a mistake my the guy or a mistake on the catalog. Thanks

They'll offer it til they run out of stock, but the 2.1 is essentially discontinued.

They'll offer it til they run out of stock, but the 2.1 is essentially discontinued.

Was it just because it wasn't poupular? I don't personally like them, but I know quite a few people that do

Is it possible to buy just a set of stock insoles from the nexus 800 skates? Probably not retail, but do you think Bauer would be responsive if I contacted their customer service?

I had the chance to try on a pair of the APX2 skates the other day. I tried the same size and width as my current APX, but the 2's seemed to be much tighter in the toe box for me when compared with my current APX. If you plan on getting these skates, make sure you try them on first.