Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Bauer Hockey Catalogue

I had the opportunity to try on the APX2 yesterday and they felt to me to be somewhat lower cut than the original APX. Is this the case? I was thinking its possible that this could be a result of the new oval eyelets allowing the top lace to sit a bit lower on the ankle instead of an actual change in the height of the boot, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have a chance to try on the new Supreme NXG gloves? How do they compare to last years Total One gloves?

Anyone have a chance to try on the new Supreme NXG gloves? How do they compare to last years Total One gloves?

I did at winterfest. I hated them. They somehow felt totally different.

I got a PM from Bauer after I posted earlier about them, that apparently the ones at WF weren't he final versions. I promised to try on a pair next time I see some in a store, once they come out. Still haven't been to a store since then, though. Hopefully they did indeed fix them.

Yes I saw them last week. I think the fit seemed really similar to the previous model. The materials especially The palm felt more comfortable in the new one.

If you like the anatomical fit of the Supremes I think you'll like the way they feel.

I am more of a smaller four roll like the Reeboks or tapered fit like Bauer vapor

The biggest difference is that the NXG's cuff is a lot more open. I personally liked them a lot more than the original TO's. They fit snug but the cuff doesn't restrict movement anymore.

• Like 1

The biggest difference is that the NXG's cuff is a lot more open. I personally liked them a lot more than the original TO's. They fit snug but the cuff doesn't restrict movement anymore.

Awesome, that's what I was hoping. Thanks for the responses guys!

The cuff is more opened as mentioned, I find the fit is closer towards the Vapor APX than the original Total ONE. I really don't like the palm on the Total ONE NXG though, there are reinforcements on the thumb, palm and right below the index finger which are rather annoying.

Is it worth to buy the new one.6/one.8 instead of discountead one 80 shoulder pad?

like on6 or one80?

And the shins to one60,80 or one6,8?

There are not many differences between the One.X series and the OneXX series for protection, especially shoulder pads.

They are all equivalent to each other; ie: NXG = TotalONE, One.8 = One80, One.6 = One60, One.4 = One40.

Personally I would buy the One80s before the One.8s. And they are more protective than that One.6s

Edited by SlapShotHockeyShop
  • Like 2

APX2 sticks should be out in September this year. The rest of the line will likely be updated next season, as per norms.

A new line (Nexus, Supreme, Vapor) every 6 months, a new lineup within that line (new Vapor, new Supreme) every 18 months.

Edited by AIREAYE

sounds about right. right now my apx is holding up fine despite some slight toe chipping. if the apx 2 isnt too huge of a change looka like ill be lookibg at soke discoubted apx's. maybe ill go to the 102 flex (115 cut to my length) now if only i couod find a place to shoot before i buy... hmmm.

After the gel comfort pads in my 5500 hardened I just gave into want and desire and picked up the IMS 9 with a react cage. I wear my helmets tight because I don't like them sliding around and while it originally seemed like it would cause some pinching and hot spots for being a narrow fit it 6 skates in 7 days have turned that concern aside. It does run narrow but the seemingly magical EPP like foam combined with a soft foam sets of the winning bell (ding-ding-ding).

If this helmet has any durability and the soft foams don't harden any time soon Bauer should have a product that will be a long term success in the market.

My only negative comment is that it is expensive.

Has anyone else had the chance to feel the stiffness of the new Vapor skates in junior? I was messing around with them and in the same size, it felt like the X90 and X80 were significantly stiiffer than the X100 or APX2. Was this the intention of Bauer, and if so, why?

Has anyone else had the chance to feel the stiffness of the new Vapor skates in junior? I was messing around with them and in the same size, it felt like the X90 and X80 were significantly stiiffer than the X100 or APX2. Was this the intention of Bauer, and if so, why?

I have The X90 in juniors and this is the first time I have used vapors for a while, in the past I haved used supreames in the past except for the x60, I feel that the tong is the only thing that is stiffer, but the rest of the boot is the same, I may switched back to the NXG because the X90 and the rest of vapors are vary skinny.

Edited by TAStrand9

I was browsing through the product knowledge binder for our hockey dept at the National Box Chain at which I work and I saw that the APX, 7.0 and 5.0 pants we described as having an "NHL fit".

What? No idea what this means as the binder is simply a print out from a Powerpoint presentation.