Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2013 Graf Catalogue

When I asked last month they gave me a couple of targets but officially the answer is still "Spring".

Anyone know of a release date for the new skate line?

Thanks!

Anyone have any experience with their gloves? I like the look of the "pro" style model and was debating between that and the Eagle PPFs.

The G65 model? Compared to the PPFs the gussets are more shallow, fingers aren't as long and the overall fit through the backrolls is closer to the hand as well. If you're familiar with the similar TPS or Winnwell models then you'll feel right at home with these.

How does the G9035 compare in fit to the NXG? Also, how is the weight of skate compared to the Bauers? Thanks

I always wondered why weight information wasn't available somewhere. I'll be buying Graf regardless, but it would be nice to know how these stack up to the competition.

People put way too much emphasis on a few grams difference. Fit is the most important factor in choosing a skate.

I find my G5s are heavier than my old Supremes but I like the fit of the G5s more than the Bauer. The ability to punch out the toe cap was huge for me. (pun intended). :)

andy

I was hoping to get back into a pair of Grafs again sometime soon. I havent been in them for 8 years or so, by now I have no idea size or fit. Just to get started, if I am a 8.5D in Bauer Vapor 7.0s - what line/series would be best and how does the sizing in the new years skates match up to bauer?

Thanks for any help

Depends on your foot shape - best bet is to go to a quality Graf dealer and they can help you out. I've worked with one that has been really good and helped realize I had a much different heel shape than I thought.

Got chance to try on the 9035 85 flex, size 8D. I usually wear an 8 in almost every brand. I'd need a 8.5 in these. Although supposedly based on the x35 shape they were nicely snug on my shallow & skinny foot. Wish I could have baked them. Thick tongue and lots of ankle padding. Fairly light as well. Looks to be a solid offering from Graf.

If this LinkedIn page is relevant, then it seems that Graf has brought on Ms. Estabrooks relatively recently. Interestingly enough, it seems that she specializes in "Difficult turn-around situations, Customer Service Excellence, Strategic Planning, Retailing, and Marketing" which makes perfect sense in Graf's case.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gayle-estabrooks/4/46b/89

Yes, there are several people that no longer work at Graf. Lets just say its not necessarily the quality of the product, but has to do with acquiring the materials.

My understanding is that Graf is changing from their traditional business model of offering a myriad of different boot shapes to something more like what the other skate manufacturers are doing. If it's true, it's very sad news for the difficult to fit foot. I'm dealing with a very narrow heel, wide forefoot, with a need for a very high volume skate. Graf has been the only place to turn for my son's skates. Can anyone confirm this change?

They still have a myriad of boot shapes. Doing some quick multiplication reveals that Graf has more individual skate SKUs than Bauer has!

Consolidation makes sense. It sucks for those who only fit into a particular Graf boot, but I think something of the sort needs to be done for the business to bounce back.

I would agree that acting like the successful companies (limited products, heavy on marketing and "celebrity" endorsements) might lead to greater success. Unfortunately, it'll mean my 12 year old will have be wearing custom skates if he can't fight through the pain of wearing a horribly fitting skate. Not to mention what it'll do to his skating. Besides, I can't afford customs.

The issue is that their business model does not work for retailers. Carrying 7 skates in the same spec with different fits is not cost-effective for a retailer. Extremely flawed business model - either a store had to go all in with them and carry every skate in every line, or they would look like an incomplete shop when they don't have a 707 for that 707 guy. That's why when you go into a store that has every Graf model, they dog every other skate brand - because they can't carry them!

Anyway, Graf isn't doing it as drastically as what you think they are doing; not only that, they've been doing it for the past couple of years anyway. The SRPP-outer skate only came out in one fit, and the MCI would only be one fit as well.

Anyway, Graf isn't doing it as drastically as what you think they are doing; not only that, they've been doing it for the past couple of years anyway. The SRPP-outer skate only came out in one fit, and the MCI would only be one fit as well.

For sure.

For those who haven't examined the catalog, the SRPP skates come in 3 widths (which isn't new) while the MCI comes both in 3 widths AND 3 flexes.

The multiplication I did after you released the catalog has Graf with 783 total SR skate SKUs (I counted every model x separate size x width x flex) while Bauer only has 508. Graf has 155 total JR skate SKUs (I don't think i counted YTH) while Bauer has 292. Total has Graf with 938 and Bauer with an even 800. Problem is, Graf isn't Bauer. :tongue: