Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevRon30

Widest Ice Hockey shin guards

I am a smaller Defensemen (5'6 180) and looking to get the widest 13" Senior Ice Hockey Shin Guard out there. I need more protection due to playing with college/Semi pros and blocking tons of shots. There are only a few brands that sell 13" Shins In Senior sizing. Out of BAUER,SHERWOOD,GRAF, & WARRIOR ( the brands on Totalhockey.com that come in 13") which would you suggest??? THANKS!

I'll throw another vote to the Reebok 9k-11k. They have one of the widest shells I've seen on a shin pad. As far as the Easton Eq line, either the Eq 50 or the Eq pro would fit the bill.

Now when I have looked at the RBK 9-11k- and EASTONs they seem to only come in 14" when i need a senior 13"

Now when I have looked at the RBK 9-11k- and EASTONs they seem to only come in 14" when i need a senior 13"

Now when I have looked at the RBK 9-11k- and EASTONs they seem to only come in 14" when i need a senior 13". On Total Hockey only brands with 13" in senior sizing is BAUER,SHERWOOD,GRAF, & WARRIOR? Any ideas on them?

DR Centurions from back in the day.

Or see if you can dig up Craig Ludwig's old nasty shins on ebay. Those things were freakish.

Sorry, no real help here from me. Just reminiscing.

Google Craig Ludwig's shins though for real - they were nutty.

Not sure how you feel about this, but an option is getting some larger shins and cutting them down, ie. 15-16'' and chopping off the bottom 2-3 inches. This means the bottoms of the shins are less tapered and wider. I saw a guy at drop in with shin's like that and he was about your size. If I recall correctly he did it with RBK 8k's. It would be easy to do with Jofas or older RBK's as the liner was a pad that you could pull out shorten to length and replace, with the shells it looked like he just hack sawed it.

DR Centurions from back in the day.

Or see if you can dig up Craig Ludwig's old nasty shins on ebay. Those things were freakish.

Sorry, no real help here from me. Just reminiscing.

Google Craig Ludwig's shins though for real - they were nutty.

Yes Those Craig Ludwig shins were freaks in itself. Thanks!!!

Hi what shin are you talking about? Sorry new at this with all these brands and models. Thanks!

sorry I meant either or both easton eqpro or eq50

Im short and stout too (5'6 155) and I've had the 9Ks and EQ50s. The 9Ks were wider but the EQ50s felt beefier and more to my liking. If you do go with the EQ50s the comfort calf strap will probably be too short so you'll need to sew in some elastic or always have sock tape to hold them down.

Also If you have a hairblower/heatgun or are brave enough to throw them in the dryer you can warm the shell up just enough to mold the plastic for a wider or thinner fit.

If you're looking for 13", you might try the Reebok 9k. They're a tad less protective and wide compared to the 11k, but they're still a pretty protective and wide pad.

Arn't the Reebok shins sized differently than the others? I know when I got my 11k's, I had to go up a size to get the proper fit. I tried on the 11k and the Easton EQ and found the Eastons knee caps to be bulkier and I felt that my knees would hit each other when doing crossovers skating backward. Love the Reeboks though and recommend them while still possible to find them . Just my 2 centavos.

Now when I have looked at the RBK 9-11k- and EASTONs they seem to only come in 14" when i need a senior 13". On Total Hockey only brands with 13" in senior sizing is BAUER,SHERWOOD,GRAF, & WARRIOR? Any ideas on them?

If you need a senior 13", then Bauer's Nexus series is an easy choice. I was in the same boat, I wanted wide 13" shins.

If you need a senior 13", then Bauer's Nexus series is an easy choice. I was in the same boat, I wanted wide 13" shins.

Any specific nexus model or any of them? Thanks

Any specific nexus model or any of them? Thanks

Any of them should be fine. They're all about the same shape. It's the strapping/liner/etc that differs. Get whatever you can afford.

Any of them should be fine. They're all about the same shape. It's the strapping/liner/etc that differs. Get whatever you can afford.

Bauer Nexus series vs Bauer Pro series? What's your thoughts on those two?

Projekts run a tad bid wider than the nexus 1000s. Also not too crazy about the nexus liner, feels uncomfortable until they break in. The mako line also looks promising, im really considering their elbows but am going to wait to see what the dynasty ax1 from warrior has to offer.

Projekts run a tad bid wider than the nexus 1000s. Also not too crazy about the nexus liner, feels uncomfortable until they break in. The mako line also looks promising, im really considering their elbows but am going to wait to see what the dynasty ax1 from warrior has to offer.

What would you say between the Warrior Projekts or the Warrior Koncept?

I agree the Nexus line is pretty wide however, the Warrior Projekt seems even wider to me.

What would you say between the Warrior Projekts or the Warrior Koncept?

Anyone know is Warrior and Bauer Shin Guards Senior 13" run the same size? Thanks!

what's the difference between a junior and a senior 13"?

Ok I want either the Warrior Projekt or the Bauer Pro or Nexas line. I was wondering if anyone knew if the Senior 13" ran the same length. Width I know just wondering about total length. I wear old bauer 6000 right now.