Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Heh. Yeah. Perks :wink:

Having tried them on, I feel that Bauer Vapor and Supreme users looking for a new skate should give these a chance and CL users obviously.

CCM rep came into the hockey shop i work at and i got to try these on. Skates are super comfortable with a wider toe box. Prior to these skates i have basically only been able to fit into Bauer Supreme Skates (in an EE width) and some Graf Skates (in a wide width). I was almost able to fit into these skates in a standard D width. The sizing is a little funky so I would highly suggest trying these on before ordering any. I wear a size 10.5 sneaker and in Graf (705's) I skated in an 8 wide. When i switched to bauer a few years ago (one100's) I dropped half a size to a 7.5EE. When I tried on these CCM RBZ Skates I tried on an 8 originally as that was the size I fit into when trying on the Crazy Lights. They were to big and tried on the 7.5 in a reg D width and were still to big. I ended up trying on a 7D skate and they were a little narrow for my wide foot but still had some wiggle room for my toes. I am going to end up ordering these is a 7EE but def could have gone down another 1/2 size if I wanted to. Basically I would highly suggest trying these on at a LHS before you conside ordering.

CCM rep came into the hockey shop i work at and i got to try these on. Skates are super comfortable with a wider toe box. Prior to these skates i have basically only been able to fit into Bauer Supreme Skates (in an EE width) and some Graf Skates (in a wide width). I was almost able to fit into these skates in a standard D width. The sizing is a little funky so I would highly suggest trying these on before ordering any. I wear a size 10.5 sneaker and in Graf (705's) I skated in an 8 wide. When i switched to bauer a few years ago (one100's) I dropped half a size to a 7.5EE. When I tried on these CCM RBZ Skates I tried on an 8 originally as that was the size I fit into when trying on the Crazy Lights. They were to big and tried on the 7.5 in a reg D width and were still to big. I ended up trying on a 7D skate and they were a little narrow for my wide foot but still had some wiggle room for my toes. I am going to end up ordering these is a 7EE but def could have gone down another 1/2 size if I wanted to. Basically I would highly suggest trying these on at a LHS before you conside ordering.

I just called CCM-RBK (good thing Skype calls are inexpensive). The woman that I spoke with tells me that people are generally fitting 0.5 sizes smaller in RBZ, than they fit in Bauer Vapor. She said that she was a size 6.0 Vapor and 5.5 in RBZ. I am a 10.0 EE in Vapor. So, according to her results, then I would seem to be a 9.5 in RBZ, or even a 9.0. She also said that RBZ will only have 2 widths: D and EE (no DD), and that people who fit EE in Vapor can fit D in RBZ. Of course, she recommended trying them on at the LHS (always sound advice); I wish that I had an LHS.

I just called CCM-RBK (good thing Skype calls are inexpensive). The woman that I spoke with tells me that people are generally fitting 0.5 sizes smaller in RBZ, than they fit in Bauer Vapor. She said that she was a size 6.0 Vapor and 5.5 in RBZ. I am a 10.0 EE in Vapor. So, according to her results, then I would seem to be a 9.5 in RBZ, or even a 9.0. She also said that RBZ will only have 2 widths: D and EE (no DD), and that people who fit EE in Vapor can fit D in RBZ. Of course, she recommended trying them on at the LHS (always sound advice); I wish that I had an LHS.

Yea, you should have no problem fitting in a reg D width on these if your in a EE in the Vapors. The Vapors in a EE felt a little narrower then the RBZ's in a D width. And going down a half a size is a safe bet if you can not try them on.

As another point of sizing reference, I tried on some RBZ last night and it looks like a 7.5D would be my size. Previous skate sizes had me in an 8 Reebok 9K and an 8.5 in CCM Vector Pros.

As another point of sizing reference, I tried on some RBZ last night and it looks like a 7.5D would be my size. Previous skate sizes had me in an 8 Reebok 9K and an 8.5 in CCM Vector Pros.

Interesting. I tried on a pair of 8.5 Reebok 20Ks today and they were TIGHT. I am guessing I would be 9.5 in Reebok 20K, as I did actually fit my foot into the skate (with a HARD press of my toe against the toe wall), but nothing in this region, in my size. So, according to these estimations, I think I would be 9.0D. Just out of curiosity, why are you looking at the 2nd tier RBZ? Is it strictly a cost/ benefit thing, or do you think that the 2nd tier has some features that are advantageous to your style?

At my age and being down to once a week, it will be tough to justify that much money on a skate. Both of my last two pairs were top end bought on clearance. That said, the rep I skate with is dying to get me back into a CCM/Reebok skate and I may just bite the bullet since I saved so much on my last two pairs.

JR, are we allowed to post the CCM sizing guide on here to clear things up regarding sizing? Or is it too soon?

• Like 2

JR, are we allowed to post the CCM sizing guide on here to clear things up regarding sizing? Or is it too soon?

I'm interested in this myself. I have a chance to order a pair for a good price but without being able to try them first. I currently am in a 8EE one100, I tried on the RBZ 80's since my store got a few sizes in and I felt like I could drop down to a 7.5 possibly, but we haven't had that size shipped to us yet.

sorry guys. I would but I don't want to be "that guy" and get in trouble. I could ask my rep directly but it would have to wait. atm we would be waiting for some sort of green light.

sorry guys. I would but I don't want to be "that guy" and get in trouble. I could ask my rep directly but it would have to wait. atm we would be waiting for some sort of green light.

I completely understand. Luckily I was able to find the sizing guide through my store's dealer portal.

The heel looks like it has a lot less padding. I hope it doesn't have heel lock issues as the original U+ pros before they loaded the skates every year with more U foam

I tried one on yesterday in a 7.5D and it felt the same length-wise as an 8D in a Supreme but the RBZ was wider. I thought the heel looked huge, but for some reason I did not have any heel lock issues like I expected so that was a good thing. I really liked the steel on them they felt really smooth compared to my LS3s.

I have a pair of U+12's I bought that are a size 7D that are very slightly too short and very slightly too tight. In the opinion of those who have tried on the new skate, would a size 7 in the new skate be just bigger enough to fit me well, too big, or about the same.

be sure to try a 6.5 D.

Is the size difference a full half size, or something less than a half size that you can tell? As the 7 is slightly too small in length and width - the new CCM in a 6.5 would be the same fit if it were exactly a half size smaller. But if it were more like 1/4 size smaller fitting a new CCM at size 7 would be like a 2012 model at 7 1/4 which would be awesome fit for me. So I guess I am asking if a 2013 CCM size 7 fits like a 2012 CCM size 7 1/4 or 7 1/2! I will be trying on at LHS if I decide to buy, but my LHS is only concerned with $$ and gives no advice whatsoever so I need to do homework. Thanks for your help AIREAYE!

You need to try it on. I followed CCM's sizing guide, but still ended up with a skate that is too large, so I am currently in the middle of processing a return to receive a half-size smaller. I fit 8EE in Bauer Supreme for example, so it was recommended that I go 7.5EE, which I ordered and received. I need a 7EE and could drop to a 6.5EE if I prefer my skates ever so slighlty on the snugger/smaller side. I currently wear 8.5W S15s.

Edited by AIREAYE

Now for my reference - I was a 10.5 in Reebok/CCM before and I'm STILL a 10.5 in the RBZ. We have our demo stock at the store, and CCM is sending me a pair.

When in doubt, follow the holder. I know I'm always on the small side of 296. It is the one absolute number with skate fitting - mm don't lie. (except for Bauer Supreme, LOL)

Thanks for that info JR. Size 7D CCM U12 is a epro 271 and I am on the small side of that. New CCM with Sppedblade 271 runs

7.5 to 8. Size 7EE One70 is a 263 with a similar fit to U12 length in a 7D.

I went from a 7D in supreme to 6D in RBZ, make sure to try them before.

I fit in a 7EE One70, good width, a smidge tight in the length. The sizing on these new CCM's truly needs a good fitting.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/162-2013-ccm-catalogue/

Skates - big story for CCM is the RBZ skate line. This is a brand new skate from the ground up - starting with the quarter package, which is composite, however, for baking purposes, it is at a lower melting point. The skate is made using a double-lasting process as well, and features contoured ankles. The liner is Clarino, and are using high-density Poron in the ankle pads. Compared to the CL, it is 25% stiffer. Tongue is an injected foam/felt combination with additional lace bite protection.

Gloves - the CL 500 is the new glove, and it's completely redesigned. Still featuring a tapered fit, it has narrower fingers and a wider cuff. The 3-piece thumb is extremely mobile as well. Guts of the thumb is U-Foam, as well as U-Foam on the top of the cuff, however, the backhand is snug. And continuing with the Crazy Light story, the glove clocks in at 300g. Nash palm with stretch mesh gussets.

Correction on that bolded point : there isn't Poron in the ankles, but rather, only on the heel of the Custom Support insoles.

Used the CL500 gloves today at the CCM Skills Camp. In my opinion with my hand shape, these are my favorite gloves on the market at the moment. The narrower fingers really work well for me and the palm, backhand and knuckles are unbelievably comfortable and mobile. I would compare the finger fit to a Supreme in width, a Vapor in volume (height) and the CL in spacing. The problem some people seemed to find with the awkward pinky on the U+ CL, namely that it seemed to catch onto the ring finger when opening and closing the hand, didn't show up here. Have these on your radar guys!