Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuckerhockey13

Labeling your Pucks

Spraypaint a dot on them, or make a stencil or something if you want a different design.

Do you recommend flat or gloss paint to affect the slide as little as possible? (my team splits practice ice with another team and we keep ending up with way fewer pucks than we go in with)

I tend to only bring a handful of pucks to stick and puck. Use only one when shooting and bring out two more to dangle around. Rarely lose pucks by failing to walk around the boards, and that's if I shoot one over to begin with. Can't shoot or dangle more than one puck at a time.

Saw one on the pond that a dude had cut his initials into with a dremel. With a bit of snow in the grooves, it was easy to see from a distance and didn't buff off.

I have a pile of ratty pucks I take to the pond (local rinks have pucks) and don't worry if I lose one or a kid takes it home. Cost of playing. :)

I bought a bunch of colored pucks from total hockey (red, orange, and pink) for shooting in my yard because they're easier to spot in the grass than black ones. I take the pink pucks to stick time. Shockingly I haven't lost one yet.

I bought a bunch of colored pucks from total hockey (red, orange, and pink) for shooting in my yard because they're easier to spot in the grass than black ones. I take the pink pucks to stick time. Shockingly I haven't lost one yet.

Best idea yet....

I take mine to a local tattoo artist and have him tattoo a picture of my face on them, he charges me $140 per puck but I think it's well worth it.

Thinking of buying some of the orange 10oz weighted pucks for stick time sessions and shooting at home.

Not considered a great idea to shoot orange pucks. Great for stick handling though and working on making strong passes.

Why not?

Believe it has to do with Sticks not being designed to move that weight consistently during a shooting motion and it also leads to the possibility of breaking glass at the ice rink. Unless you're doing it exclusively at home using an old stick you don't care about then I guess it's fine.

Believe it has to do with Sticks not being designed to move that weight consistently during a shooting motion and it also leads to the possibility of breaking glass at the ice rink. Unless you're doing it exclusively at home using an old stick you don't care about then I guess it's fine.

I guess it makes sense for the stick. Though I don't take slapshots.. I don't know how.

I take mine to a local tattoo artist and have him tattoo a picture of my face on them, he charges me $140 per puck but I think it's well worth it.

Make sure he's sober so he doesn't get confused and tattoo a picture of a puck on your face.

I guess if I went now, I'd just take a handful of my custom pucks I had made up for my wedding as favors. There's already a few in my team's puck bag.

my dad machined one out of stainless steel back in the 80s that we used until 1999...

It was super fun to shoot with an aluminum shaft.

talk about stingers.

I put As on around forty pucks with spray paint and a stencil and used them last night. Worked great as far as keeping our pucks separate from the other team, but I was disappointed to learn how quickly the paint starts to come off. I wonder if baking them would help them cross link (hey they do it with cars).

I put As on around forty pucks with spray paint and a stencil and used them last night. Worked great as far as keeping our pucks separate from the other team, but I was disappointed to learn how quickly the paint starts to come off. I wonder if baking them would help them cross link (hey they do it with cars).

Scuff sand the surface with 200 grit so there's more surface area for the paint to bite into.

Try the Krylon Fusion, as it has an adhesion promoter.

Maybe hit it with a heat gun to bake the surface instead of putting the entire puck in the oven.

Scuff sand the surface with 200 grit so there's more surface area for the paint to bite into.

Try the Krylon Fusion, as it has an adhesion promoter.

Maybe hit it with a heat gun to bake the surface instead of putting the entire puck in the oven.

I'd be a little worried that the adhesion promoter might make it adhere to the ice as well (not slide like it is supposed to). I'll probably get some and test it out first. Thanks!