Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FunkyDish

What flex are you using?

6'1", 240 95 flex most of the time. I mess around with some that are up to 115 flex, but I just don't like that kind of stiffness during wrist shots.

Which one do you prefer better?

I like 77 for wrist shots but overall, the 95 works better. I've usually just go with 87 but figured since I don't play competitive hockey anymore, I can mess around a little bit. 102+ flex(es) could work for me too but I would have to 'break in' the stick(s).

5'9" 180 lbs

Generally in the neighborhood of 90 flex (80 or 85s cut down just a bit). Gone as low as 75 and as high as 105, but my primary shot is a wrist/snap. The current flex I use seems to have the highest benefit in terms of effort:result ratio with respect to my shooting mechanics, speed, and accuracy.

6' 1" about 200 lbs currently & my 2 sticks are an Easton 85 & a Nike Bauer 87 (this one is cut down a bit over an inch to make it almost match the Easton in height). I've considered going down to 75, but worry that it might be too whippy since all I take is wrist shots & one-timers.

5'6" 135 lb

Intermediate 60 flex Total One, cut to fit my height so I am up around 75-80 flex

Fo my weight and height I cannot get a stick flexible enough that fits after cutting.

Junior 50 flex too flexible afer being cut by 2-3 inches.

5'9" 170 lbs.

77 flex in Bauer and 75's in Warrior/Easton. I cut a few inches off all my sticks though. My go to right now is a 77 flex apx.

5'6"

135 lbs

60 flex Harrow Series 300 w/ Easton e4

I played a few games uncut and found that it was too long. So I cut it gradually over a two-week period. After taking four inches off, it feels perfect. My handling has greatly improved.

6'2 200

75 flex uncut

I take mostly wrist shots, but the whip doesnt rly hurt me any on slappers. Actually went down from 85 flex with a 2in plug to a shorter/whippier stick over the yrs.

5'9"

200lbs.

I primarily shoot Bauer and right now I have a few Total Ones that I got on closeout a couple years back. 100 flex uncut or cut maybe an 1" off. All of my shots are from the point and I was breaking 87 flex quickly.

6'2 200

75 flex uncut

I take mostly wrist shots, but the whip doesnt rly hurt me any on slappers. Actually went down from 85 flex with a 2in plug to a shorter/whippier stick over the yrs.

Do you find it hard to stick handle with such a whippy flex?

im 5'10" and i use 100 flex sticks cut down about an inch in mid flex sticks and 87s for my vapor 40s. i have tried 87s in mid flex sticks but they are just too soft, with the way a shoot, all my shots go to the right of where i want to shoot. so its 100s for me

5'4" (no skates), 150lbs

60 flex Bauer Nexus 4000 P88. Cut 2 inches.

Its a great stick for the price btw guys. The coating on it seems to be durable as f$%k! Big fan of this years nexus sticks!

im 5'10" and i use 100 flex sticks cut down about an inch in mid flex sticks and 87s for my vapor 40s. i have tried 87s in mid flex sticks but they are just too soft, with the way a shoot, all my shots go to the right of where i want to shoot. so its 100s for me

Ok that makes since to me. I have a Bauer Total One NXG 95 Flex with Toews (P14) and Bauer Vapor X100 87 Flex with Toews (P14) (Both cut 1/2") curve and find that my shot goes right with the 87 flex. I thought it was the flex but didn't really think I was strong enough to cause that. Is that a sign of not enough flex? I'm 6'0" and 200lbs

Height 6'1"

weight: 215

I've used 75 and 85 flexes, switching between the two. Depending on the stick I only cut about an inch (warrior) but ccm I generally dont have to cut down. Started with 75 when I was first learning to shoot/ skate etc. Now that I've improved I'm sticking with the 85flex. 75 was good for shooting but not not so much everything else.

5'8 1/2 about 170-180 lbs (depends when im cutting or bulking)

Used a totalone 77 flex, cut about 3 inches..so prolly 90 ish flex. Hated it.

Took a leap of faith and grabbed a 67 intermediate, uncut. It was love at first shot.