Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FunkyDish

What flex are you using?

5'11" 190

75 flex chopped down 3-4" to approx 85 flex (low kick EK15 lets me chop that much without making the stick TOO boardy)

6'2 300lbs (not ashamed,got it upstairs)

Tri-core x-stiff

Got a sherwood that is 100 flex but feel the flex when passing so don't like it. On the other hand struggle with a slap shot with such a stuff stick a little?!

5' 11" 170lbs

75flex cut down to 80flex - Bauer M3

I prefer to start with the 75-flex in mid-kick sticks. After cutting down they all end up around 80-85 flex rating. I feel like I can load these easier, but don't really feel the flex when passing or battling in the corners.

Wow most are under in where I gbought stick flex would be

I'm 5'8 185 ( used to be 200) and use a total one 102 flex.

Maybe I'll give this whippier stick thing a try next stick and go 95.

5'6" 135 lb

Intermediate 60 flex Total One, cut to fit my height so I am up around 75-80 flex

Fo my weight and height I cannot get a stick flexible enough that fits after cutting.

Junior 50 flex too flexible afer being cut by 2-3 inches.

This post of mine has had me going over the past 2 to 3 years and I am finally realizing for my weight and height that I need a junior stick so that I can flex it on the ice and not on the showroom floor. There is quite a bit more resistance in at the dealers.

What still really bothers me that there is supposed to be a flex based on so much weight on the shaft to bend it some specific amount but the manufacturers still have not got that right. No two companies are on the same page in my opinion. So you can't just judge by what it says!

I have looked at so many sticks and the manufaturesrs are all over the board when it come to flex. So if you find one you like you better stick with rather than change. I did but a junior Nexus 45 last year, it did feel ok in the LHS, but on the ice it would not flex on a wrist shot. They are still thesame this year after all my complaining. It had a sticker that said something like good for a person up to 110 lbs or some sort of thing. If I can't bend it how can a new or younger player have a flexible shaft. I was in the store the other day and I was againg just looking for a flexible junior and a guy 2 or 3" bigger than me and more weight said that what he was using and love the flex! Everybody else thinks I am crazy.

Alan

hunt3rsean

75 flex - intermidate stick? How you feel, shaft more then then sr?

Sorry, just seeing this.

No, I go with a SR 75 flex which is relatively easy to find in the US. I've used an intermediate (65-flex) before and can't say I noticed any real difference in regards to shaft size. To be honest that preference is going to vary person to person. I have a 13" glove hand size and prefer a more boxy shaft feel than a rounded shaft. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Possibly a weird/dumb question.. If I were to have an 85 flex stick and cut it down 4 inches (or more) so it would be approx 92-95 flex.. AND then put a 2 inch wood or composite extension into it, would it still retain a similar 92-95 flex or would it drop down due to putting the length back on??

Possibly a weird/dumb question.. If I were to have an 85 flex stick and cut it down 4 inches (or more) so it would be approx 92-95 flex.. AND then put a 2 inch wood or composite extension into it, would it still retain a similar 92-95 flex or would it drop down due to putting the length back on??

Depends on the stiffness of the plug, they can vary quite a bit. All things being equal, it will be closer to the uncut flex than the cut flex.

5'6" 135 lb

Intermediate 60 flex Total One, cut to fit my height so I am up around 75-80 flex

Fo my weight and height I cannot get a stick flexible enough that fits after cutting.

Junior 50 flex too flexible afer being cut by 2-3 inches.

Some Warrior intermediate sticks come in 55 flex

5'6" 150#

Intermediate sticks

Flex between 55-65 (generally whatever the lowest flex available for the brand/model)

Cut to just below chin on skates.

6'2, 220 lbs

I cut down my sticks so that they are around the dent in my neck just under the collar bone, on skates.

Until a week or so ago, I was using 100 flex Warrior QR Pro, which was perfect for my wrist shots, but I could not find a Warrior curve that I liked. Slap shots were so so.

So, I just got myself a Bauever Vapor 1X shaft, 102 flex. First skate was tonite- slap shots with it in warmups were unreal, I barely had to put much into them, and the shots were like lasers and so easy to control, but that means nothing of course. In the game, however, my wrist shots were not jumping off the blade nearly as hot as they were with the 100 flex Warrior QR Pro. I am hoping that this stick breaks in a bit, and gets whippier, so that I can get the same effect that I was used to. Otherwise, next stick is going to be an 87 flex Vapor 1X shaft when they go on clearance.

Using P71 BASE Malkin pro curve, love its dimensions, but it seems a bit heavy, and makes my stick a bit bottom heavy, in comparison to the perfect balance that I felt in the store, on the 1X OPS sticks.

6'1" 230 lbs

75 flex, not taking too many clappers these days and love how quick they load

reebok and warrior or whatever else lands in the two year-old $100 rack in that flex with crosby/kopitar....pattern

I have been using 75 flex with faith but lately I have been thinking about moving up because I have been getting stronger and am having trouble keeping it down

I am 5'9 and 180 pounds, thinking about moving up to a 85 or 90 flex