Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

The large frame extends slightly over my toe with a size 8.5 skate, but the front of the chassis can also be shortened (just like you can drill your own holes if you want), so it wouldn't be a problem.

If anybody is interested - im selling the original boot I tried to use with my marsblades (bought them and could not deal with the boot - too shallow). Its already got all the holes drilled out, so if you are weary about setting it up or anything like that, all the work is basically done on these.

Here is the listing: http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/66575-supreme-one8-size-75d-mission-axiom-t9-80d-just-boot-warrior-project-girdle-shells/?p=1008019

Here is a pic of them with the marsblades on:

xMYrcHb.jpg

and what they look like now:

Z53Uhgm.jpg

I also have a pair of size 8D axiom T9's that are just the boot, so if you want to use those for your conversion let me know.

t06y8BO.jpg

Edited by louierev07

I just got mine in the mail today! I cant wait to get them mounted , from what I can see I think they are going to work great for off ice training , ill post pics once I have them mounted and ready to go

I just got mine in the mail today! I cant wait to get them mounted , from what I can see I think they are going to work great for off ice training , ill post pics once I have them mounted and ready to go

Good luck with them. It takes some time to get used to, but once you do they are great. My initial impressions were that I liked sprungs better, but after skating on these for a while I would have to go with marsblades if I were forced to pick one (though both are very good). When you use them for the first time, tighten up the bolt so it doesnt rocker as much. Once your comfortable with that, then loosen it up to make it a little harder to skate and more like ice. Right now I pretty much just always leave it as loose as I can get it before it starts to feel like the bolt is shaking around. If I were to play an actual roller game though, Id probably tighten it up.

• Like 1

ok mounted them and tried them out today , I left the rocker bolt as it was shipped so it had a nice flow to it and im not real heavy so it seemed to be a perfect fit I may even loosen it up a tad bit , I have to say these really feel great I don't play roller just ice so for me these are ideal for off ice training , ice time isn't always easy to get especially when the ice rinks schedule almost never lines up with mine lol,the shorter wheel base really gets the front wheel under the skate more barely even sticks out past the front of the skate , which for me made the balance point feel exactly like my ice skates , along with the rocker motion really made it feel more like ice skating , these are a great for someone looking to work on there ice skating when there is no ice time available , I have tried diff wheel set ups on my mission magnesium frames to get more of an ice skate feel and nothing I have tried has compared to the marsblade , I have not tried the sprungs so I cant comment on how they feel compared to those , hope this helps anyone who may be thinking of getting the marsblade set up , I would highly recommend them

I had the chance to skate on the marsblade chassis a bit more and I really like it . I was skating on a mission magnesium hi low chassis before the marsblade , needless to say the mission frames will be going off to ebay

• Like 1

Hi, i'm french and not fluent, so forgive my english please.

My level: I never skate till 5 years ago, when i began to learn by myself ice skating, and the year after i join a hockey team (recreationnal team, but many players used to play since there are 4 years old...).

So i wanted to improve my ice skate, stickhandling positionning during the summer break, i decided to join a recreationnal inline hockey team.

At the end of the first "inline" summer, i went back on ice, full of faith, and it wasn't at all what i expected:

i had a lever poorest on ice skating than the one i had before the summer!

As i had lot of fun whith inline, i decided to find an inline skate which be able to copy the ice skate feeling.

I bought the marsblade, and since one month, i use it for my inline matchs

Feeling: the first thing i noticed, is the fact that i ve to be carful at my front/back balance with marsblade, after several minutes it's ok, but at the beginning, i really fill the front balance much more than in inline.

turns are easy, greats, natural. To change direction is easyer, it's works much more with the balance, you just have to put your body on the right or the left, and it turns

brake: not able to brake with inline, the same thing with marsblade

speed: i don't konw if it s beacause apec 7 or the marsblade frame, but you fill no friction, it really fly

the come back on the ice: much more natural and easyer after using marsblade than it's was with inline.

I hope it will help people like me: poor ice skate level, but who want to improve their game and close the gap with their teammates.

I have to check the set of the frames, it's possible to set with a screw, which up or down the frame orienation .

I love marsblade, every good inline or hockey players i know who try my marsblade were very happy, they found it fun, easy, a "turning machine".

Edited by gelindo

I'm dying to get a new pair of ice hockey skates because of the above. If I play inline on my hi-lo chasis for more than 3 or 4 games then switch back to ice, I am virtually lost for that entire game...The feel is just to different to me. However, I can't put marsblade on my ice hockey skates until I get a new pair of ice skates. I guess I could use my current inline skates, but then I will effectively ruin them and won't be after to sell them. Sounds like though mars blade helps a lot with the transition between ice and roller.

I'm dying to get a new pair of ice hockey skates because of the above. If I play inline on my hi-lo chasis for more than 3 or 4 games then switch back to ice, I am virtually lost for that entire game...The feel is just to different to me. However, I can't put marsblade on my ice hockey skates until I get a new pair of ice skates. I guess I could use my current inline skates, but then I will effectively ruin them and won't be after to sell them. Sounds like though mars blade helps a lot with the transition between ice and roller.

i was in the same spot as you. Even with sprungs I was still a mess when switching back and forth. Marsblade has helped SO much more than anything else, and I beleive it has made me a better skater. There still is a small adjustment when transitioning (i find myself dragging my toe at first), but it doesnt last very long, and everything comes back pretty quick. Most importantly, my stride feels pretty much the same on ice and roller - which was a problem before. With hilo and with sprungs, my stride would feel totally different, and it would take 5+ sessions to start feeling normal again.

Check ebay for used skates for your marsblades. I found some sweet deals this summer when trying out different chassis. If youre a size 7.5D lemme know. I have Vapor x:60 and x5.0 for sale and im in CT.

Hi from downunder. My local skate shop said the Marsblades can't be attached to Bauer One.6 skates. They said the boot is not wide enough. They suggest any boot with a composite shell. Might have to get the chassis put on my APXs.

Hi from downunder. My local skate shop said the Marsblades can't be attached to Bauer One.6 skates. They said the boot is not wide enough. They suggest any boot with a composite shell. Might have to get the chassis put on my APXs.

I cant speak for the One.6 but i had no issues attaching the chasis to a size 6.5 EE One.7. I dont see how the one.6 would be more narrow from one level of skate to the other. However the One.7 does have a composite outsole and i dont believe the one.6 does but I dont think its required for the Marsblade.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you or the skate shop with. Best regards Per Mårs, Inventor Marsblade

Per,

Could you tell me what the "pitch" of the Marsblade chassis is? I skate in a pair of Easton Mako's which has a +3 pitch overall. I'd like to get my Marsblade chassis to feel as close to the pitch angle as I can.

Would a shim be able to me used here if need be?

Per,

Could you tell me what the "pitch" of the Marsblade chassis is? I skate in a pair of Easton Mako's which has a +3 pitch overall. I'd like to get my Marsblade chassis to feel as close to the pitch angle as I can.

Would a shim be able to me used here if need be?

Hi there,

Actually got feedback from a customer earlier in this thread that got some good info for you, here's what he says:

---------------

"Ive only used marsblades with Bauer skates so far. I use Makos for ice, so I tried getting the same pitch from setting them up with Bauers.

With other chassis, I have used a 7-8mm shim to try and get the pitch to be the same (sprungs and hilo). Marsblades actually felt more like the aggressive mako pitch right off the bat (even more so with the 68mm wheel in front). They probably could use a small shim to get it a little closer to the real pitch though. If I were you, I would try it without the shim first to see how it feels. Shims are really easy to add, especially after you have all the holes drilled already.

For the shim, I just ordered a big piece of HDPE plastic that is 1/32" thick. I can use plastic epoxy to glue sheets together if I have to make the shim thicker."

---------------

Hope this helps!

//Per

Thanks Per!! It did.

I'll be putting the chassis on my Vapors, and likely going to add a rear shim, due to the fact I will be going with a Hi-Lo set up (76-76-80-80) for my wheels. (Unless you recommend not doing this)

I assume Tnut and bolt set up will be safe to use as well?

Thanks Per!! It did.

I'll be putting the chassis on my Vapors, and likely going to add a rear shim, due to the fact I will be going with a Hi-Lo set up (76-76-80-80) for my wheels. (Unless you recommend not doing this)

I assume Tnut and bolt set up will be safe to use as well?

If you plan to use the setup with smaller wheel in the front I would start testing without the shim as this setup will gives a similar effect. Since you are using T-nuts and screws to mount it will be very easy to add the shim later. Even though it will be easy to go the other way around as well, so it doesn't really matter.

T-nuts will work great!

Good luck and let me know how it feels :-)

//Per

Per,

Thanks for the info. Would you advise not going with a Hi-Lo wheel set up? I know this is not really typical for an ice hockey skate, and I feel like this was only done on solid chassis to try and give the feeling over being over one's toes as on ice.

With the rocker from the Marsblade, could I use all 76mm wheels? ie, did you design this chassis for all 4 wheels being the same size, or just 1 smaller wheel in the front, etc?

Thank you for your support.

Per,

Thanks for the info. Would you advise not going with a Hi-Lo wheel set up? I know this is not really typical for an ice hockey skate, and I feel like this was only done on solid chassis to try and give the feeling over being over one's toes as on ice.

With the rocker from the Marsblade, could I use all 76mm wheels? ie, did you design this chassis for all 4 wheels being the same size, or just 1 smaller wheel in the front, etc?

I wouldnt use a hilo setup as marsblade isnt designed for it because it is essentially a straight chassis that moves. Imagine putting hilos on a straight labeda chassis and thats what would happen here.

I was nuts about trying to simulate an ice feel with my roller blades, and the marsblade does a great job without a shim. I even use easton makos (which are pitched forward) and I still dont feel the need to add shims. My ideal setup would be 68-72-72-72, but I usually just end up rotating my wheels every few times, and I arrange them from smallest in front to biggest in back and it works out great. Marsblades are designed for either straight 72-72-72-72 or 76-76-76-76 depending on the size (I advise going smaller if your between sizes). The smaller front wheels works out because it simulates the toe of an ice skate. I definitely would not recommend a hi-lo setup though.

Once you have yours setup, a shim can be added later easily, and to be honest its probably easier to do it later since the holes will already be there and your not trying to do too many things at once.

Per,

Thanks Louiev07, couldn't have said it better :-) Don't use a Hi-Lo setup.

For Marsblade we use the smaller wheel in the front to enhance the feel of skating on ice, as you get even more toe push at the end of your stride and you get amazing maneuverability.

Depending on your level of skating I would suggest you starting with all wheels the same size, to get used to the rocker. Then when you're comfortable with that I would add the smaller wheel. At first you probably find it really challenging, which you are supposed to, as this improves your technique and trainins your stabilizing muscles. Then after a while you will have improved your technique and can take full advantage of the rocking motion when you are playing games etc.

All the best //Per