Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

Lou-

Thanks for calling me out in your vid a bit ;) haha.

I would definitely appreciate if you made a video detailing how you lined everything up, drilled out your holes, etc. If you could use the marsblade as an example, that would be awesome. If not, that's okay I'm sure I'd figure it out if I had to drill more/less holes.

Lou-

Thanks for calling me out in your vid a bit ;) haha.

I would definitely appreciate if you made a video detailing how you lined everything up, drilled out your holes, etc. If you could use the marsblade as an example, that would be awesome. If not, that's okay I'm sure I'd figure it out if I had to drill more/less holes.

yea Ill try to do the conversion this week. Its kinda just trial and error on which way is best, but Ill try to show my little tricks in my video. One thing I forgot to mention in the first vid is to use a really long bolt to pull the tnut through - otherwise its kind of a pain in certain parts of the boot.

I might be able to do it tonight if my game gets cancelled.

What part of CT are you located in?

Yeah, I watched a similar video on youtube where a guy goes over how to do this in detail on his ccm skates. He suggested "setting" the t nut into the boot using a 1'' long screw first.

I'm in New London county.

Per,

Just wondering, but is there any plans for Marsblade to be made from any metal material in the future? Aluminum, Magnessium, etc?

Per,

Just wondering, but is there any plans for Marsblade to be made from any metal material in the future? Aluminum, Magnessium, etc?

Hi,

Yes, we have plans on making it in aluminum and/or magnesium. But I'm afraid that I can't promise you when it will be on the market. How's everything going with your current?

Awesome to hear, I would buy one.

Going well, I have one about 90% installed on a skate, and the other one is hopefully going on tonight with out any problems. Just having an issue with my T Nuts spinning around while I screw the bolt into the T nut on a few of the places.

Skated on the Marsblade chassis last night. Wow, this is going to take some getting used to!! I'm not used to being in such an aggressive stance while skating on a hard surface. Felt like I was falling over my toes the whole time. Started feeling myself getting used to it, but I'll definitely need a few more hours of skating to feel comfortable on it. I think though this will be a good thing for me, I can tell this will probably make the transition back to ice much easier.

Definitely no need for a shim to make them feel like my Mako's, haha.

Skated on the Marsblade chassis last night. Wow, this is going to take some getting used to!! I'm not used to being in such an aggressive stance while skating on a hard surface. Felt like I was falling over my toes the whole time. Started feeling myself getting used to it, but I'll definitely need a few more hours of skating to feel comfortable on it. I think though this will be a good thing for me, I can tell this will probably make the transition back to ice much easier.

Definitely no need for a shim to make them feel like my Mako's, haha.

Yes, good thing you did not start of with the shim :-) Remember that it is designed to help you improve you skating technique so the fact that you are falling over your toes is what most players do. This helps you get deeper down in you skating position and focus on a proper skating stride with full extension. I'll be surprised if you don't feel that the transition back to ice is much easier. Let me know how it goes! //Per

OK good to know I'm not the only one who experiences this.

And I totally agree, I noticed especially when skating backwards, if I really got into that deep knee bend, athletic stance.. I was much more balanced and stable. My brain is just used to being on that roller surface with the long flat wheel base, as opposed to this now.

Will let you know how it goes! First ice game of spring/summer session is in a few weeks.

Yes, you are not alone... But you'll improve your skating technique quickly so after a couple of times you'll feel totally comfortable. Then try the traditional inlines again and you'll throw them away :-)

Got back on the ice last night. MUCH easier transition than before. I'll still say.. Because I'm on Mako's and I believe the steel is a little bit more rounded at the toe and heel, that I felt like I was on more of a "round" skating surface, but overall, it wasn't too tough to get back into it again. My "running cross over's" were off for a little bit because adjusting back to being on edges took a bit longer than anything else. Overall, had an hour skate, and by the last bit of it, felt totally normal again.

Recommend Marsblade for anybody who plays ice full time, and wants to use roller hockey as off ice training. Great product (so far).

Per, not sure if this has been asked before, but do the marsblades need to be soaked from time to time (because of the plastic)?

I know it was recommended for sprungs to be soaked every so often - should i do the same with these?

The manual says you should take them apart every so often to clean. What is the best stuff to use for cleaning Per? I use bearing fluid cleaner on my bearings maybe every month or so... But I don't have enough to spar to use on the chassis, too.

Per, not sure if this has been asked before, but do the marsblades need to be soaked from time to time (because of the plastic)?

I know it was recommended for sprungs to be soaked every so often - should i do the same with these?

No, there's no need to soak the plastic.

All the best //Per

The manual says you should take them apart every so often to clean. What is the best stuff to use for cleaning Per? I use bearing fluid cleaner on my bearings maybe every month or so... But I don't have enough to spar to use on the chassis, too.

Yes, it might be good to clean the rocking surfaces from time to time. You don't need bearing fluid cleaner, you can just take a brush to get rid of the dust that is stuck. Or if it's really stuck a suitable metal tool.

All the best //Per

Seeing as I'm not super handy like some of these guys, does anyone know of a place that will correctly mount these for me. I just don't trust myself trying to mount them.

Seeing as I'm not super handy like some of these guys, does anyone know of a place that will correctly mount these for me. I just don't trust myself trying to mount them.

Before I did it myself my LHS said they could do it. I would still kinda read up on how to do it so you can give them instructions exactly how you want it.

The biggest thing is lining up the wheels to be exactly where the blade was. I marked the spots on my boot even before taking my holder off, so maybe you could do the same before they do it.

The other thing is centering it correctly from back to front. With sprungs you had to mount kind of towards the back of the skate - marsblade has no specific instructions like this afaik. My guess would be that you are supposed to get it as close to center as you can - but I like my skate a little more aggresive so I moved it slightly backwards (barely moved at all).

Try to get someone whos experienced. I dont trust half the kids I see at hockeyshops to sharpen my skates, let alone drill into my boot.

Before I did it myself my LHS said they could do it. I would still kinda read up on how to do it so you can give them instructions exactly how you want it.

The biggest thing is lining up the wheels to be exactly where the blade was. I marked the spots on my boot even before taking my holder off, so maybe you could do the same before they do it.

The other thing is centering it correctly from back to front. With sprungs you had to mount kind of towards the back of the skate - marsblade has no specific instructions like this afaik. My guess would be that you are supposed to get it as close to center as you can - but I like my skate a little more aggresive so I moved it slightly backwards (barely moved at all).

Try to get someone whos experienced. I dont trust half the kids I see at hockeyshops to sharpen my skates, let alone drill into my boot.

I was going add a picture of some instructions but could not figure out how to attached it... Please let me know if you guys have any questions on how to mount the chassis. Best regards // Per

Edited by Gummer12
removed contact info

I'm definitely worried about dropping it off at a shop that has some young kids doing the work. I was hoping there might be somewhere that has some experience in mounting these. Guess I might have to give it a go myself and see how it goes. I have a boot with some labeda magnesium's on them right now. Will the holes be close or am I most likely looking at drilling all new holes. Thanks for the replies.