Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

How many guys use their marsblades for games and not just as a training tool?  Im contemplating whether or not to mount one of my Kuzak Split frames onto a boot so i can actually use them in a league.  I feel like I would certainly sacrifice some speed with the marsblade frame if i were to use it for competetive hockey.

On 5/13/2016 at 9:17 AM, caseyjones said:

How many guys use their marsblades for games and not just as a training tool?  Im contemplating whether or not to mount one of my Kuzak Split frames onto a boot so i can actually use them in a league.  I feel like I would certainly sacrifice some speed with the marsblade frame if i were to use it for competetive hockey.

I have used my marsblades for games before and never had any problems until I blocked a shot off the toe and the front part of the chassis actually broke off, including the front wheel. Per was really good about it and sent me another chassis for free which I appreciated.

There are some pros/cons to using them in a game, for me they are:

Pros: better strides, more maneuverability, helps with backwards skating

Cons: (I have the all 72mm setup) less speed due to smaller wheels, less grip due to smaller wheels (I slide out a lot in games)

So I guess it comes down to what you value more in games: speed vs. maneuverability.

Are the wheels that come in the kit good for asphalt or should they be replaced with something like Labeda Asphalt wheels?

On 5/20/2016 at 1:36 AM, tcc said:

Are the wheels that come in the kit good for asphalt or should they be replaced with something like Labeda Asphalt wheels?

=> the wheels are for indoor as they should be in 74A or 76A durometer, for asphalt you'd better go for Labeda Asphalt wheels

Unsure if this is the best place to post this, but I just picked these up yesterday. Got a nice deal on a set of Bauer X800R boots ($100) and the frames on Ebay for $130.  I Had them mounted here in NJ at Monkey Sports Woodbridge for $40 beans. Can't wait to give them a go as soon as this snow storm passes through!

sqPAC6v.jpg

Edited by LHD1215
Tried to resize the image!
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LHD1215 said:

Unsure if this is the best place to post this, but I just picked these up yesterday. Got a nice deal on a set of Bauer X800R boots ($100) and the frames on Ebay for $130.  I Had them mounted here in NJ at Monkey Sports Woodbridge for $40 beans. Can't wait to give them a go as soon as this snow storm passes through!

sqPAC6v.jpg

I saw those frames on ebay, too. I almost bought them. Decided since I'm used to a flat rocker on my skates anyway I didn't need them. 

On 3/17/2018 at 2:09 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Just double-dippin' here...

9IMG_6576.thumb.JPG.3c960e69d0ff625c9a6630dbe60236d7.JPG

They look great. Have you had the chance to use them yet? If so, how do you like them? I feel like it certainly makes the transition from roller to ice much easier. However, I play competitive roller hockey, as well as ice, and now I find myself switching back and forth from Marsblade's (for training), Mission hi-lo's (for roller games) and my ice skates. It's pretty tough to get comfortable in any of them now. It would be nice if the Marsblade frames would hold up in competitive play. 

23 hours ago, LHD1215 said:

They look great. Have you had the chance to use them yet? If so, how do you like them? I feel like it certainly makes the transition from roller to ice much easier. However, I play competitive roller hockey, as well as ice, and now I find myself switching back and forth from Marsblade's (for training), Mission hi-lo's (for roller games) and my ice skates. It's pretty tough to get comfortable in any of them now. It would be nice if the Marsblade frames would hold up in competitive play. 

I havent even considered the marsblade because its plastic.  I want something i can play and practice in.  I remember the plasic frames of the early 90s and dont want to revisit it even for nostalgia sake.  Was hoping fizix or whatever it is called now would have the metal set out.  But it appears at this rate that wont happen in my life time.  So it is straight 80 alkali frames that just got put on my nexus 8000.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 9:34 AM, LHD1215 said:

I've played one game in them. Overall, I can feel the difference from using Marsblade in comparison to what I was before (Tour Thor EX1's with Labeda Hum'er Eviction frames). Not surprising because later wasn't a Hi-Lo setup (was running all 80mm). That being said, my edge work felt much more similar to ice hockey when using Marsblades. I only play inline once a week so ice hockey will always take priority for me. And with that being the case, the plastic frame it's durability isn't as big as a concern for me. I had an old pair of skates and wanted to get back into playing inline. I put my money into these holders. I can see if I played inline all the time that I may just pass on Marsblade all together. Fortunately, that isn't the case for me. Looking forward to give more feedback as time goes on.

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610
  • Like 1

I'm 95% on getting Marsblades. I currently wear a Bauer Nexus n9000 6ee. Is it worth converting these and buying new ones, or going with the Marsblades FMT ONE but they are only in a d fit. I have had issues before with narrow skates. I have e-mailed Marsblades, just wondering if anyone has experience with Verbero boots and their fit.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:12 AM, Left Wing King said:

I'm 95% on getting Marsblades. I currently wear a Bauer Nexus n9000 6ee. Is it worth converting these and buying new ones, or going with the Marsblades FMT ONE but they are only in a d fit. I have had issues before with narrow skates. I have e-mailed Marsblades, just wondering if anyone has experience with Verbero boots and their fit.

I think your best bet is going to be converting these and buying new Nexus skates, or, finding an older set of used Nexus skates, and having those converted. Otherwise you're basically staring over with skate fitting.

• Like 1

Howdy,

So, re Marsblades and feeling like ice...

Has anyone compared Marsblade to a rockered wheel setup?  My roller blades started out with all wheels on a line but after I dropped the front and rear wheels down in diameter, the feel became much more like the ice I was used to.  I've never skated on Marsblades though, and was curious how they would compare.

Mark

2 hours ago, DRR said:

I think your best bet is going to be converting these and buying new Nexus skates, or, finding an older set of used Nexus skates, and having those converted. Otherwise you're basically staring over with skate fitting.

That's what I'm thinking. Too be honest I'm thinking of getting some Nexus 7000s as used Nexus9000 in my size are hard to find. I've not heard a bad word about the blades either. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Left Wing King said:

That's what I'm thinking. Too be honest I'm thinking of getting some Nexus 7000s as used Nexus9000 in my size are hard to find. I've not heard a bad word about the blades either. 

I've been using mine for a couple months and really like them. Just feels more natural when it comes taking strides. 

2 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

So, re Marsblades and feeling like ice...

Has anyone compared Marsblade to a rockered wheel setup?  My roller blades started out with all wheels on a line but after I dropped the front and rear wheels down in diameter, the feel became much more like the ice I was used to.  I've never skated on Marsblades though, and was curious how they would compare.

Mark

Interesting idea. Maybe worth a try!

If I wasn't already used to a flat rocker from the goalie skates I'd definitely be trying this, or just going straight to the Marsblades. 

On 5/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I've been using mine for a couple months and really like them. Just feels more natural when it comes taking strides. 

That's good, as the big thing going from ice to roller is getting used to the strides again.

Well I've been on Marsblades all week, I then get back on ice again yesterday, took less than a minute to get used to being on ice again. My stride was the same, Marsblades are brilliant. Just need to find a really smooth patch of concrete.