Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

10 hours ago, Left Wing King said:

Well I've been on Marsblades all week, I then get back on ice again yesterday, took less than a minute to get used to being on ice again. My stride was the same, Marsblades are brilliant. Just need to find a really smooth patch of concrete.

Nice. That's been my experience so far with them. I go back and forth between ice and inline it was important to me that inline not get in the way of how I skate (regardless how bad) on ice. Getting outside would be nice though. Good cardio that beats running ha.

Just now, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Nice. That's been my experience so far with them. I go back and forth between ice and inline it was important to me that inline not get in the way of how I skate (regardless how bad) on ice. Getting outside would be nice though. Good cardio that beats running ha.

I took my dog along a cycle track then canal and it was good. I enjoyed it. I do have some vids on FB, but yes, the transition between both is easier now!!

• Like 1

Hi

Thought I would add to thread..

My 12 year old plays ice and last week got some marsblades for off ice practice as we live an hour from the rink. He thinks they are awesome and would never go back to normal inlines after only a couple of hours in them. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to adjust the rockers to get more rock? Hes a pretty good skater and went straight in with the smaller front wheel  I don't want to go at them gung ho with the tool and mess them up, or make one rock more than the other. 

Coming from ice the biggest problems I found with inlines were slipping on corners, feeling like I was stuck on rails and not being able to extend properly in the stride.  Marsblades directly improve the third and the choice of a straight 76mm setup improves the first two.

In contrast, a rocker setup or HiLo makes the slipping worse, and softer wheels make stopping more awkward. So I find marsblades a nice solution.  While still not perfect when I go back to ice (my weight still sits back a bit after skating on them), they are pretty good and I enjoy skating on them.  They also let me practice off ice while doing a lot less damage to my ice skating than using regular inlines.

Edited by Greg25

Have the Marsblade FMT ones and love them...well, almost.  The skating aspect is spot on.  I wear Makos like one of the above posters and they feel almost identical. 

The Verbrero boots are terribly uncomfortable, but this may be due to the hockey laces that came with them.  The normal laces slide through the plastic holes and you are unable to tighten down the skates properly... I even use lace hooks.  I just bought some waxed laces which will hopefully solve this problem.  Complaints about the Verbrero boots are common, I guess.  Wondering, while I type this, if the laces are the problem.  We'll see what happens I guess.

Overall, I love the feel of the Marsblades. I can do many of the same edgework drills I do on ice skates.  Even the one foot backward inside/outside edge drill.. don't know the name.  Backward skating is a dream on these.  C-Cuts, no problem.  The skates do force you to maintain a proper hockey/skating position.  Hockey turns are super tight.  Inside edge turns...awesome. Outside edge turn...awesome.

I don't play roller hockey, but play ice.  I bought these as a training aid and I can tell you they are as advertised.

I liked them so much, I have purchased (through kickstarter), the Marsblade Ice Holder.  They are supposed to ship next month, so we will see how those are.  Pretty excited.

Squ1d 

I just bought the FMT ONE and have a question.  The adjustment for rocking motion is in the hex key between the wheels:

108csxh.jpg

but when I turn that I'm not noticing tightening on the bolt, and the rocking seems to stay constant.  When turning the hex key I notice the top part rotates as well, here's a closeup:

29opb2c.jpg

do I need to hold that top metal piece with a narrow wrench to actually adjust the rocking?

On 9/21/2019 at 1:45 AM, Sprungdownunder said:

Hi Per are there still plans for the marsblade to be made with different materials like alloy or mag?

Hey! Yes, we're actually in the process of finalizing the designs of a performance roller hockey version of the frame, with the lower frame in aluminum. Keep your eyes open for this. We'll start a pre-order campaign later this fall. //Per

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marsblade said:

Hey! Yes, we're actually in the process of finalizing the designs of a performance roller hockey version of the frame, with the lower frame in aluminum. Keep your eyes open for this. We'll start a pre-order campaign later this fall. //Per

That’s good news looks like I will start putting some coin aside can’t wait!!

27 minutes ago, Sprungdownunder said:

That’s good news looks like I will start putting some coin aside can’t wait!!

Sounds good! We're very excited about this launch! We already have had national team players using them in the World Roller Games in Barcelona, NARCH and other top tournaments. Apart from the aluminum there's other performance enhancement features. It's a game changer for roller hockey no doubt 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marsblade said:

Sounds good! We're very excited about this launch! We already have had national team players using them in the World Roller Games in Barcelona, NARCH and other top tournaments. Apart from the aluminum there's other performance enhancement features. It's a game changer for roller hockey no doubt 🙂

If you check out John Schiavo's Instagram you can see a sneak preview of the new frames.

• Like 1

The promotional video looks good, however; I'd like to hear more about the specific details of the product. Obviously the lower portion is aluminum and it's hi lo (80mm 80mm 76mm 76mm for the medium and large chassis), but were there other changes vs. original off ice training model?

12 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

The promotional video looks good, however; I'd like to hear more about the specific details of the product. Obviously the lower portion is aluminum and it's hi lo (80mm 80mm 76mm 76mm for the medium and large chassis), but were there other changes vs. original off ice training model?

Good question. I've been using the off-ice training model for 2 years now for playing and I've really enjoyed them. I've always been concerned about how the O1s would hold up though. The R1 chassis is what I hope is the right upgrade.

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610
  • Like 1

I didn’t realize the new version was Hilo when I saw their post earlier. Did that patent die off or get relaxed recently? Thought Bauer “ owned” it, but feel tour just released a line with that setup too recently. Never used the original, but always thought they looked “tall”. Wonder if this version fixes that, if it was just a perception thing, or it that’s just a part of how these will always be (tall).

32 minutes ago, gsr027 said:

I didn’t realize the new version was Hilo when I saw their post earlier. Did that patent die off or get relaxed recently? Thought Bauer “ owned” it, but feel tour just released a line with that setup too recently. Never used the original, but always thought they looked “tall”. Wonder if this version fixes that, if it was just a perception thing, or it that’s just a part of how these will always be (tall).

The O1s definitely sit tall. That was the biggest adjustment when I first started skating with. It was/is still worth given the much easier transition from playing ice to roller and vice versa much more smoother. From the looks of it, the R1s do look to have a lower profile. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsr027 said:

The new Alkali Revel line is Hilo as well. So either the patent expired or both Marsblade and Alkali found a loophole. 

Just pre-ordered mine, very interested in this version.

Got 2 original Marsblade going strong for multiple years, plus 1 Sprung, so this will be very interesting to compare.

• Like 3

Yes, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new version vs. Sprungs and the originals (as I'm sure many others would). Of course, by then the presale price will be gone. In the meantime, what are your thoughts on the OG Marsblades vs. Sprungs?