Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

Just want to say that I finally skated in my marsblade (large O1 on size 8.25 skates) and they are absolutely unreal, I love them.  Feels just like skating.

Those on the O1 chassis, are you using the flat set up or the smaller wheel in front? Does the smaller front wheel make that much of a difference? 

8 minutes ago, Westside said:

Those on the O1 chassis, are you using the flat set up or the smaller wheel in front? Does the smaller front wheel make that much of a difference? 

I have only used the advanced set up (smaller in front) so I don’t know the difference. I do like the way my stride feels thru the toe of my skate with the set up, but could feel the same with all wheels the same size. Both of my sons play competitive roller, though not lately,  in their O1s. My youngest (13) likes the smaller wheel in front but my oldest who is 6’3” and 200+ likes all the wheels to be the same size. He feels more stability on turns with all 4 wheels the same size and making contact with the surface. 

No, Normal wear you would expect. They’ve been on them since 2017 and during that time Marsblade did upgrade the center bolt system so we swapped those out. But compared to their  teammates on traditional chassis’s? no difference in durability. And really, ice hockey has been using plastic holders for decades. 

We do have the R1s on preorder

Edited by sturdy22

4 hours ago, sturdy22 said:

....Marsblade did upgrade the center bolt system so we swapped those out.

Can you elaborate on this a little more?  What was different?  I’ve had mine for a few years.

5 hours ago, sturdy22 said:

We do have the R1s on preorder

As do I, but all I keep hearing is the R1’s don’t feel as much like ice which makes me think about sticking with the O1

I just sent mine (O1) out to be installed on some Bauer MS-1 ice boots. How tight or loose would you suggest for that center bolt the first time I try them out? Currently pretty comfortable on my old skates with a 72-76-76-72 mm setup.

Is there any movement with that bolt fully tightened, or is that just like skating on traditional roller chassis?

Edited by YesLanges

4 minutes ago, Westside said:

As do I, but all I keep hearing is the R1’s don’t feel as much like ice which makes me think about sticking with the O1

I have heard that also. But did read, maybe here, that a insert may be made available that will be closer to the original in motion. Still looking forward to trying the new product either way.

14 minutes ago, YesLanges said:

I just sent mine out to be installed on boots. How tight or loose would you suggest for the center bolt the first time I try them out? Currently pretty comfortable on my old skates with a 72-76-76-72 mm setup.

Is there any movement with that bolt fully tightened, or is that just like skating on traditional roller chassis?

Even tight there is movement. Similar to a kingpin and bushings on a skateboard truck. I prefer a lot of movement. I would say start tight and loosen to your preference.

Edited by sturdy22

43 minutes ago, tcc said:

Can you elaborate on this a little more?  What was different?  I’ve had mine for a few years.

The T nut on the upper bushing is beefed up slightly and is flat on the sides so you can hold it it place while loosening. The original T nut was just round so if you loosened too much it would just spin unless you held it in place with downward force.

14 hours ago, sturdy22 said:

I have heard that also. But did read, maybe here, that a insert may be made available that will be closer to the original in motion. Still looking forward to trying the new product either way.

Yeah, Petter said that, which is why it's so damn confusing because even with that description he says they still don't feel as much like ice as the O1. They really need to get more information out there about the product. I'd like to hear from Pavel, Jeremy, Nasher, etc who had some good insights into the O1 years ago

"H5-T8: Most similar to ice hockey 
H5-T15: A lot of heel movement but full contact during push offs
H8-T8: Smoother feeling 
H8-T15: Most controlled feeling, less movement i general but still clear benefits from the rocker"

16 minutes ago, Westside said:

Yeah, Petter said that, which is why it's so damn confusing because even with that description he says they still don't feel as much like ice as the O1. They really need to get more information out there about the product. I'd like to hear from Pavel, Jeremy, Nasher, etc who had some good insights into the O1 years ago

"H5-T8: Most similar to ice hockey 
H5-T15: A lot of heel movement but full contact during push offs
H8-T8: Smoother feeling 
H8-T15: Most controlled feeling, less movement i general but still clear benefits from the rocker"

I’m really curious about it also.

@Marsblade

The product pamphlet refers to the frame spacers, but only in connection with which arm of the skate key to use for them. There's no info about how the frame spacers actually work or how they're supposed to be adjusted (if at all) in conjunction with the center adjustment bolt. Any advice would be appreciated.

53 minutes ago, YesLanges said:

@Marsblade

The product pamphlet refers to the frame spacers, but only in connection with which arm of the skate key to use for them. There's no info about how the frame spacers actually work or how they're supposed to be adjusted (if at all) in conjunction with the center adjustment bolt. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have personally never adjusted the frame spacers. The only time I have ever loosened or tightened was when I disassembled and reassembled during installation.

Just pre-ordered the R-1s. I wish there were more info about them, but I figured I'd rather try them at 140 than at 200. Imy interested to see what the new tech is like these days. Seen a lot of crazy stuff in roller hockey, from the tuuk rocker to the v form to the tridi, so I'm game for giving this a shot. That said, I wish marsblades would do some more promotional videos about the r1

8 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Just pre-ordered the R-1s. I wish there were more info about them, but I figured I'd rather try them at 140 than at 200. Imy interested to see what the new tech is like these days. Seen a lot of crazy stuff in roller hockey, from the tuuk rocker to the v form to the tridi, so I'm game for giving this a shot. That said, I wish marsblades would do some more promotional videos about the r1

I don’t know if you’ve tried the original (O1) but it is unlike anything “Roller” I have ever tried. I tried it all and still have tuuk rockers on a pair of Nikes from 2002. 

Never tried the o1s. After playing roller hockey through the late 90s and through the 2000s I got pretty burnt out on gimmicky stuff and just took the "it ain't broke, don't fix it" route for a while. Recently got back into roller, and I decided to give some of techy stuff a try. Got pair of sprungs which are being mounted now and I ordered these R-1s to try them as well. I'm excited to see if the r1s are really as good as they look. Same with the sprungs. I'm more of a shifty quick player at opposed to straight speed, so these are both marketed for my style of play. Definitely itching to test these out

Edited by Miller55

Finally got my O1's mounted and gave them a try. First impressions, they're, uh, clunky. Crossovers/transitions are extremely smooth just like ice, but when you lift up, you can feel the chassis 'clunk' back into the down position. Perhaps I have the center bolt too loose? That's another quibble; not knowing how tight each frame is. I think I've adjusted them so they're both pretty similar, but it would be nice if there was some kind of dial or marking so you could ensure both rockers are matched. Definitely looking forward to putting more time on them and was totally expecting to face plant the first time I stood up, but it's not THAT big of a difference like I was thought it would be. Just smoother vs the feeling of being on rails with traditional inline. 

On 6/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, YesLanges said:

@Marsblade

The Frame/chassis spacers are not intended to be adjusted just tightened firmly, they are put there to get side stability. //Per 

8 hours ago, Westside said:

Finally got my O1's mounted and gave them a try. First impressions, they're, uh, clunky. Crossovers/transitions are extremely smooth just like ice, but when you lift up, you can feel the chassis 'clunk' back into the down position. Perhaps I have the center bolt too loose? That's another quibble; not knowing how tight each frame is. I think I've adjusted them so they're both pretty similar, but it would be nice if there was some kind of dial or marking so you could ensure both rockers are matched. Definitely looking forward to putting more time on them and was totally expecting to face plant the first time I stood up, but it's not THAT big of a difference like I was thought it would be. Just smoother vs the feeling of being on rails with traditional inline. 

If you can feel the chassis clunk you have the center bolt too loose, try tightening it a bit. Yes, well aware that this is not ideal. We'll look at a dial marking for the 2.0. //Per Mars, inventor

28 minutes ago, Marsblade said:

Yes, well aware that this is not ideal. We'll look at a dial marking for the 2.0. //Per Mars, inventor

In the meantime, can you suggest how far to open the bolt to approximate the amount of change that you'd recommend to increase movement each time on them to transition gradually between fully closed and fully open?