Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

Yeah, also in the R1 I would imagine the medium is way too short for a 45eu.

Speaking of R1 size large, it's already July. Looking forward to some kind of email one of these days

2 hours ago, sturdy22 said:

If you are talking the O1, the medium is about 26cm in length and will be too small for a Bauer boot that size. I have all three sizes of the O1 and the large fits perfectly starting on a size 8 Bauer boot which is about a 43D.

Thanks for the reply 😄

Is that 26cm on the frame mounts or measured from front axle to back axle? Just wondering as the Hilo frames that came with my Bauer’s are 27cm axle to axle.

Cheers, Matt

my buddy sent them an email about his L chassis - the response was that they're finishing up production still. I'm assuming that it's end of July at this point, maybe early Aug. 

my other buddy and I preordered the M R1 and I am just assuming that we'll get them last week of August. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mattzky said:

Thanks for the reply 😄

Is that 26cm on the frame mounts or measured from front axle to back axle? Just wondering as the Hilo frames that came with my Bauer’s are 27cm axle to axle.

Cheers, Matt

That would be on the mount from edge of heel to edge of toe.

52 minutes ago, sturdy22 said:

That would be on the mount from edge of heel to edge of toe.

Thanks alot, that is really useful to know.  I appreciate the response 👍🏻 🙂

Just got the following email (I preordered the R1 chassis only in Size Large):

ORDER UPDATE

Hi!

We hope you're staying safe and active during these challenging times.

We know you're eagerly waiting to hit the roller hockey rink with your brand new R1 chassis.

Due to the ongoing pandemic, our suppliers, manufacturers and logistics partners have experienced very challenging work and export conditions which have resulted in these products being shipped from the factory a bit later than scheduled.

We have just received an update from our manufacturer and your R1 chassis are currently in the final phase of production and being prepared for pickup at the factory at the end of July. To catch up with these unforeseen delays to best of our ability, we have booked express shipment from the factory and UPS estimate to deliver the products to our warehouse in August week 33.

To speed up the process further and ensure you get your R1's as soon as possible, we'll employ extra staff to fulfill and dispatch orders once we receive the products.

You'll receive a shipping confirmation including a tracking number once your order has been shipped. We're thankful for your patience and understanding. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
The Marsblade Team

12 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

ORDER UPDATE

Hi!

We know you're eagerly waiting to hit the roller hockey rink with your brand new R1 chassis.

Due to the ongoing pandemic, our suppliers, manufacturers and logistics partners have experienced very challenging work and export conditions which have resulted in these products being shipped from the factory a bit later than scheduled.

We have just received an update from our manufacturer and your R1 chassis are currently in the final phase of production and being prepared for pickup at the factory at the end of July. To catch up with these unforeseen delays to best of our ability, we have booked express shipment from the factory and UPS estimate to deliver the products to our warehouse in August week 33.

To speed up the process further and ensure you get your R1's as soon as possible, we'll employ extra staff to fulfill and dispatch orders once we receive the products.

You'll receive a shipping confirmation including a tracking number once your order has been shipped. We're thankful for your patience and understanding. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
The Marsblade Team

I got the same. Im guessing week 33 is around the 2nd week of August?

Howdy,

I got something similar for my O1+boot order as well.  I'm in preorder batch #3, and it says that my skates are ready, but are currently at the factory and their UPS train slot was cancelled.  New estimated delivery to their warehouse is Aug 15th, with "we'll expedite / upgrade to express shipping" so presumably I'll get them not long after that.

Mostly I was surprised to learn that UPS uses trains.  🙂

Mark

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

ORDER UPDATE

Hi!

Best Regards,
The Marsblade Team

Did you preorder at the $99 price point? I ordered at 139 and I didn't receive any contact yet. 

Nevermind, just saw the email in my spam box. Same thing, August week 33. Whenever that is.

Edited by Miller55

I ordered at the lowest price and I got the same message. Looks like week 33 is August 10-16.  
Thankyou Marsblade for the update. I’ll stop standing by the door waiting for the UPS guy until August. 

• Haha 2

Did everyone that received a delay email preorder size Large? I preordered Medium which was originally slated to arrive in August. Haven’t seen an email saying they’re delayed anymore. 

Any 8.5 skate owners order Large or stick to Medium? Chart shows medium as the recommended chassis but a 9 is a large. Still not sure which would be better, but thought medium will result in a smaller radius and require more balance which would benefit me on the ice 

I had the same question about 8.5 and users of the O1 recommended going with the recommended size on the chart.  My feet are bigger than I thought so I ended up with 9.5 skates and size a large.   Looking forward to skating on them 

Received this last week, so end of August for mediums I would think.:  

Hi Rob, thanks for reaching out. 

We are estimating the Medium R1 Chassis to be delivered to our warehouse in mid August. We have not received any further updates on the delivery. 

When they arrive to our warehouse we will do our best to ship all orders as soon as possible. 

Please, let me know if you have any further questions. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 2:23 PM, busdriver said:

I had the same question about 8.5 and users of the O1 recommended going with the recommended size on the chart.  My feet are bigger than I thought so I ended up with 9.5 skates and size a large.   Looking forward to skating on them 

I preordered large and medium R1’s. I’m planning on putting the large on a pair of 8.5EE Reebok’s. 

With the arrival of Corona, I have been doing a lot of testing of equipment for my own purposes (mostly to keep competitive during the aging process). When I was looking at the Marsblade O1 chassis originally, it was primarily going to be for training/drills.  When we were able to start playing inline again, I tried to find comments on their usage in competitive, non-league environments, but couldn't find anything.  I became very used to the Marsblade movements and chassis size, so I thought, "Why not try them out and see how they perform?"  I did order the R1's and am looking forward to their arrival, but in the meantime, I used the O1's a couple of times with limited success.  I was able to turn tighter, but because of the weight combined with the 72mm wheels, I was struggling to keep up.  I went back to hi-lo 76/80's and was back to my original speed.  While I continued to play inline, I did my training drills also with the hi-lo's, switching to harder wheels for outside usage.  Now that the inline is over and ice will come in about a month, I am back to the O1's for drills and will test the transition to ice in September.  So, in case anyone is wondering if they should use the O1's for competitive inline, you probably shouldn't.  Stick with the hi-lo's until the R1's arrive.  Now my next test is:  Will the R1's become the answer to both equations = training and competitive inline playing?  I will let you know once they arrive.

Rob

3 hours ago, Rob Riccetti said:

I was able to turn tighter, but because of the weight combined with the 72mm wheels, I was struggling to keep up.  I went back to hi-lo 76/80's and was back to my original speed

Wheel size is dependent on frame size with the O1. I have a large chassis on an 8.5 boot and it’s a 76mm flat setup. So not as much difference compared to a 76/80 hi-lo setup 

On 8/9/2020 at 1:46 AM, Westside said:

Wheel size is dependent on frame size with the O1. I have a large chassis on an 8.5 boot and it’s a 76mm flat setup. So not as much difference compared to a 76/80 hi-lo setup 

I would definitely agree with that.  Unfortunately, the medium was available at a time when nothing else seemed be, so I went with that.  I still love these things for what they were made for and I am very optimistic about the R1's. 

5 hours ago, busdriver said:

Maybe this has been answered....  The R1 has inserts to create different Heel (H) and Toe (T) radiusses (radii?) what are the H T settings on the O1?

They can be adjusted using the bolt, so there is no one answer, but from my understanding, there is only a single radius on the O1 because there is only that one bolt, so however much the toe can move is how much the heel can. I could be wrong about this, but that's my understanding. The inserts on the R1 replace that bolt

10 hours ago, Miller55 said:

They can be adjusted using the bolt, so there is no one answer, but from my understanding, there is only a single radius on the O1 because there is only that one bolt, so however much the toe can move is how much the heel can. I could be wrong about this, but that's my understanding. The inserts on the R1 replace that bolt

@busdriver The O1 has a single 4ft radius //Per, Inventor