Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

They like a really nice alternative to sprungs. With sprungs no longer available, its a great time to launch the product. It does not appear they ship to the US though. :sad:

I've never heard of the product, but would certainly also be interested in hearing the thoughts of anyone who has had the opportunity to try the chassis. It looks interesting, but at $1995 SEK (the equivalent of $313.04 CAD or $304.92 USD based on todays conversion rates) plus shipping, it's not cheap so it may be a tough sell. I realize that package includes bearings, spacers, tools and wheels, but I think many people would rather use existing bearings and wheels or choose their own in order to get the chassis for a cheaper price. I think they should add a lower cost package that only includes the chassis, spacers and tools.

It also seems to only be available for shipping to select European countries at this time so that also limits the people who have access to it at the moment. As a current Sprung user I wouldn't want to go back to a rigid chassis and I know that Sprungs outperform the older Rocker Chassis I used to use (which is probably hard to find now as well). I'm glad to see that there are other non-rigid options being developed. I hope Sprung gets the funds together for another production run, but if they don't I hope this product can perform as well or better, comes down in price and is available in North America at some point.

It's being positioned as a training tool for ice players, but the wheel base seems small enough that it would seem to be useable to play inline as well.

They like a really nice alternative to sprungs. With sprungs no longer available, its a great time to launch the product. It does not appear they ship to the US though. :sad:

And if they were available to the US would you be willing to shell out over $300 + shipping and possible customs and duties in the hopes that they perform as well as Sprungs?

If I heard from other Sprung users that they perform as well or better and are durable enough to survive several seasons of roller hockey (I'd want to have some players to have skated 30+ games/hours in them) then I'd consider grabbing them if the price were closer to the $100-$150 range. There's no way I'd spend $300+ unless they came with a lifetime warranty...even then I'd be hesitant because it's not a big well known company and who knows how long they'll be around - it's great to see smaller companies innovate and succeed, but it's certainly not an easy business.

Edited by althoma1

I think they should add a lower cost package that only includes the chassis, spacers and tools.

That's a good idea and if they get a North American distributor. I would definitely give it a go if the price is fair. $300 is pricey but they come with the wheels I use but with limited information it would not be a smart buy. This would be a get product for a LTR.

Personnally, I they do look interesting, but the price tag...omg, no way I'd pay that. I would like to give them a try, but they do look a little awkward.

I'd find it interesting if Sprungster would comment on these and how they would compare to his design.

On the price, yes it's expensive but it includes wheels (plus 2 extra), spacers, and bearings. Last time I looked, to outfit oneself with a complete setup of sprungs (if they were available), bearings (mid-grade, nothing fancy), spacers, and 10 wheels (again mid grade) would cost ~ $275-$325. In that context, and considering everything that comes in the kit, I think they're probably not as expensive as it seems at first look. Still expensive, no doubt, but less outrageously expensive.

Edited by shooter27

I just ordered the chassis! In case anyone is wondering they won't start distributing in the U.S. until next year but they can ship to the U.S. individually and you can pay via international wire transfer or paypal. It comes out to around $300 with shipping and everything.

Edited by wehojp84

Hi guys!

My name is Per Mårs and I'm the inventor of Marsblade. Since it has been discussed in this thread I thought that I could tell you a bit about the product and the story.

Originally I developed it to improve my off season training as I didn't have access to ice during the summers and wanted to be able to develop a proper skating technique and activate the right muscles. During the development process I also found out that the rocker did not only improve my off season training, it also gave a lot smoother movement pattern, quicker turns and more fluid and efficient stride.

I can see some comments regarding our pricing. I can say that we will have a different pricing in North America once we launch there. The full set including 10 Labeda wheels and Sonic bearings will be about 249 dollars. We are also launching a box without the wheels and bearings that will be about 199 dollars.

I have had feedback from customers that have tried the other products that has tried to solve the same problem, like Sprung, Tuuk rocker, etc and they all are amazed by how much more similar to ice skating Marsblade is compared to them all. We now have 10-15 of the best Swedish NHL players using Marsblade and also a number of the best Swedish Elite League teams as well.

We launched in Sweden last spring and haven't been able to launch in North America yet since we are still a small company. This is why customers in North America haven't been able to purchase in our web-shop yet. However, we are now in the phase of launching in a small scale in North America this spring and will open the shop during the spring. We will soon launch an "Marsblade Ambassadors offer" giving the first 300 to sign up a very nice deal on our kit. I'll post it here for sure as soon as we have it out.

We are exhibiting at the Let's Play Hockey Expo 7-8 March in Minnesota, if you're there, please feel free to stop by at our booth.

Please feel free to ask any questions should you have any.

Best Regards Per Mårs, Marsblade

Edited by Marsblade

I just ordered the chassis! In case anyone is wondering they won't start distributing in the U.S. until next year but they can ship to the U.S. individually and you can pay via international wire transfer or paypal. It comes out to around $300 with shipping and everything.

Im thinking about doing the same. I emailed them yesterday and will probably order them tomorrow if its possible.

I read a few of your other posts, and it seems that youre really liking the marsblade, but im wondering if you have compared it to sprungs?

I like the concept of the marsblade more than sprungs, but from researching posts around here, sprungs seem to be more proven (makes sense since marsblade is pretty new compared to sprungs).

At this point, im willing to do anything to help me switch between roller and ice without having so much time to re-adjust. I honestly might just end up getting both, and then seeing which I like better, and then selling the other. Will it kill my skates to have that many different holes on bottom (from 3 different holders/chassis)?

Another thing that was mentioned here is the warranty on marsblade compared to sprungs. From looking at how both are made, I would expect marsblade to be more durable, but I dont think Ive heard anything about what the warranty period is, or will be. And hopefully if there is one, Ill still be covered even if I order from the swedish site.

Lemme know what you think.

Hi,

Pricing: I understand that the swedish price seems a bit high for you as the dollar is low right now, but the price in North America will be different from the price in Sweden.

Durability: As far as for warranty we have a 12 month warranty on the chassis. We have not any had any problems with durability so that is not a problem. We have made our own extensive lab testing and there has also been lab testing done by two large potential license partners that both said the durability is extremely good.

Marsblade vs Sprung: Got this feedback from an old user of Sprung

"Per,
I got the skates mounted on my old MLX skates, and I have been on them for about 2 months. I've played 4 pretty intense pickup games, and I can honestly say that I feel like I am skating better than ever. The marsblade is so easy to skate on it's crazy. The difference between your frame and the sprungs is really noticeable. The marsblade gives much, much better feel. I spent a few skating sessions working to fine tune the setup, and I have it right how I want it now. Thanks for working with me to make this happen.
"

//Per

Marsblade vs Sprung: Got this feedback from an old user of Sprung

"Per,

I got the skates mounted on my old MLX skates, and I have been on them for about 2 months. I've played 4 pretty intense pickup games, and I can honestly say that I feel like I am skating better than ever. The marsblade is so easy to skate on it's crazy. The difference between your frame and the sprungs is really noticeable. The marsblade gives much, much better feel. I spent a few skating sessions working to fine tune the setup, and I have it right how I want it now. Thanks for working with me to make this happen."

It's impossible to tell how it is better from this statement. Could you expand on what are the weaknesses of the sprungs tackled by Marsblades or features that Marsblade has that offer better performance?

I've never had Sprungs so I can't really comment on how the Marsblade performs over them but what I can say is that there are definitely less parts to the Marsblade chassis vs. Sprungs. So to me, this means there are less things that can break or need replaced in the Marsblade.

I've been using the Marsblade (mounted on Axiom T9's) in a rec roller hockey league since May 2013 (playing 1-2 times per week) and I've had ZERO durability problems. The chassis has definitely taken a beating as I play defense and block a lot of shots and it's still holding up great. Per has mentioned that they aren't really designed for rec league play (more for off ice training), but I've found the durability to be good enough that I would endorse them for rec league play. The rocker on them allows you to have an amazing turning radius and agility vs. a non-rockered chassis. The only down side is a slight loss of speed since you're using all 72mm or 76mm wheels (based on the chassis size: M or L). But I'll gladly take that trade off since most roller rinks are pretty small and I value maneuverability over speed any day.

Hope these comments help in your decisions!!

Do you plan to sell the launching box of 199 in europe too?

Hi guys!

My name is Per Mårs and I'm the inventor of Marsblade. Since it has been discussed in this thread I thought that I could tell you a bit about the product and the story.

Originally I developed it to improve my off season training as I didn't have access to ice during the summers and wanted to be able to develop a proper skating technique and activate the right muscles. During the development process I also found out that the rocker did not only improve my off season training, it also gave a lot smoother movement pattern, quicker turns and more fluid and efficient stride.

I can see some comments regarding our pricing. I can say that we will have a different pricing in North America once we launch there. The full set including 10 Labeda wheels and Sonic bearings will be about 249 dollars. We are also launching a box without the wheels and bearings that will be about 199 dollars.

I have had feedback from customers that have tried the other products that has tried to solve the same problem, like Sprung, Tuuk rocker, etc and they all are amazed by how much more similar to ice skating Marsblade is compared to them all. We now have 10-15 of the best Swedish NHL players using Marsblade and also a number of the best Swedish Elite League teams as well.

We launched in Sweden last spring and haven't been able to launch in North America yet since we are still a small company. This is why customers in North America haven't been able to purchase in our web-shop yet. However, we are now in the phase of launching in a small scale in North America this spring and will open the shop during the spring. We will soon launch an "Marsblade Ambassadors offer" giving the first 300 to sign up a very nice deal on our kit. I'll post it here for sure as soon as we have it out.

We are exhibiting at the Let's Play Hockey Expo 7-8 March in Minnesota, if you're there, please feel free to stop by at our booth.

Please feel free to ask any questions should you have any.

Best Regards Per Mårs, Marsblade

Do you plan to do this launching offer in Europe too?

Did you try the Marsblade chaSSIS?

How are they ?

Did they allow you to skate like ice with the edges and so?

Yes, we are. Pricing will be in EUR. The box is in production as we speak.

//Per

Great how much do you plan to sell them?

And one last question does your chassis allow inline skater to use the edges like ice skating what are the similarities and what are the limit?

Great how much do you plan to sell them?

And one last question does your chassis allow inline skater to use the edges like ice skating what are the similarities and what are the limit?

No matter what you do, unless you redesign the wheels completely, you'll never get the edges like ice skating.

Marsblades allow a rocker and some toe kick (from what I've seen).

Edited by romdj

Regarding the ice feel here are some more quotes from North American users:

"Spent about two hours last night skating and changing up the holders, inserting the 72 wheel on front and changing the pitch around. Had a blast with them. Found my groove with the backwards pitch, being able to make tight cuts and feel like you are digging in was amazing. I gave up rollerblade about two years ago because the sensation was far less superior than being on the actual ice, but with the holder the enjoyment has differently returned."

--------

"The Marsblade skating is going great, thanks! So far I've played in 2 roller hockey games and one ice hockey game. The first game my ankle wasn't in too good of shape (I probably shouldn't even have played) but I could tell right away that you have to skate completely different on it vs. a regular chassis (I'm starting off with the center bolt tightened almost the whole way and will slowly loosen it as I adjust), which is good, but I was still getting used to it. Then by the second game it felt way more natural and felt like I was ice skating on concrete! It seems like they aren't as fast since it's on 72 mm wheels but the maneuverability is amazing, plus our roller rink is small so I want more maneuverability vs. speed. I also played in my first ice hockey game on Saturday since recovering from my injury and I could tell right away that the Marsblade helped my ice skating. Switching from roller to ice during the week was much easier compared to when I was using my old hi-low chassis. This is exactly what I was going for. Thanks for all of your advice/help and I'm looking forward to your product helping me improve every week! "

No matter what you do, unless you redesign the wheels completely, you'll never get the edges like ice skating.

Marsblades allow a rocker and some toe kick (from what I've seen).

Ok did you tried them?

Regarding the ice feel here are some more quotes from North American users:

"Spent about two hours last night skating and changing up the holders, inserting the 72 wheel on front and changing the pitch around. Had a blast with them. Found my groove with the backwards pitch, being able to make tight cuts and feel like you are digging in was amazing. I gave up rollerblade about two years ago because the sensation was far less superior than being on the actual ice, but with the holder the enjoyment has differently returned."

--------

"The Marsblade skating is going great, thanks! So far I've played in 2 roller hockey games and one ice hockey game. The first game my ankle wasn't in too good of shape (I probably shouldn't even have played) but I could tell right away that you have to skate completely different on it vs. a regular chassis (I'm starting off with the center bolt tightened almost the whole way and will slowly loosen it as I adjust), which is good, but I was still getting used to it. Then by the second game it felt way more natural and felt like I was ice skating on concrete! It seems like they aren't as fast since it's on 72 mm wheels but the maneuverability is amazing, plus our roller rink is small so I want more maneuverability vs. speed. I also played in my first ice hockey game on Saturday since recovering from my injury and I could tell right away that the Marsblade helped my ice skating. Switching from roller to ice during the week was much easier compared to when I was using my old hi-low chassis. This is exactly what I was going for. Thanks for all of your advice/help and I'm looking forward to your product helping me improve every week! "

Interesting i wonder how you feel on it for real.

I think i'm gonna purchase the new pack who's gonna come.

But right now i'm between those and the sprung.

The sprung are available ,i talk via email with joe Noris .

I had sprungs. It's been about two years since I last skated on them. I currently have marsblade. I will write a review once I play some league games with them.