Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tregobo

Best place to look for a used skate sharpener?

Hi all - I am looking in the standard places - eBay, Craigslist... Is there anywhere else that I could look to find more results? I am looking for a $1000 max machine for home use for my skates and my sons' skates. I am located in Baltimore which is not exactly a hockey hotbed. I can travel to the DC area or around Phili if there was something available. I am just not having much luck finding anything.

I like he Blackstone x-series, but I guess finding a used one for sale is tough?

Thanks.

yeah.......Blackstone X series are so good......once you own it, i dont see any reason why you would sell it. i did see a used blackstone x02 fully loaded for about $1500 on ebay last month... but its rare.

get a new X01

yeah.......Blackstone X series are so good......once you own it, i dont see any reason why you would sell it. i did see a used blackstone x02 fully loaded for about $1500 on ebay last month... but its rare.

get a new X01

That is probably where I will end up. I have to drive 30 miles to get a decent sharpening done so I guess it will pay for it self in a couple of years.

From the Blackstone site there was an option to purchase with a Junior skate holder or Senior - does this mean I need to separate holders for Junior and Senior skates?

That is probably where I will end up. I have to drive 30 miles to get a decent sharpening done so I guess it will pay for it self in a couple of years.

From the Blackstone site there was an option to purchase with a Junior skate holder or Senior - does this mean I need to separate holders for Junior and Senior skates?

Typically the senior holder will work with 90% of skates out there. Some of the really small skates, like a 10y may require a junior jig. Most junior skates will work fine with the senior jig.

Edited by XveritasX
  • Like 1

If you need any help learning the process, let me know. I'm just a couple hours up 83 from Baltimore.

• Like 2

If you need any help learning the process, let me know. I'm just a couple hours up 83 from Baltimore.

I may take you up on that. I was just up at Twin Ponds for the Hershey-Quebec peewee tryout on Monday. I was watching the guys doing the skate sharpening there - it looked like they were doing a really good job. They were not rushing, they checked the angle at three different spots on the blade, and then they finished with a polish/cleaner/glide enhancer (as they put it). I have to drive about 30 miles to get that kind of sharpening done.

I may take you up on that. I was just up at Twin Ponds for the Hershey-Quebec peewee tryout on Monday. I was watching the guys doing the skate sharpening there - it looked like they were doing a really good job. They were not rushing, they checked the angle at three different spots on the blade, and then they finished with a polish/cleaner/glide enhancer (as they put it). I have to drive about 30 miles to get that kind of sharpening done.

They are still hit or miss there, not everyone takes their time and does it right. That's my "home" rink, I live less than five minutes from there.

Bumping an old thread here but I am in the marketing for a machine. Has anyone heard of a manufacturer called "Skate-Master"? Looks like it is an older model.

Picked up a used BladeMaster sharpening machine for myself and friends.  In the process of trying to acquire some additional pieces, but have what I need for now.  

Anyone in Southern California willing to give a lesson? 🍻

On 9/24/2021 at 8:39 PM, mxpowder said:

Picked up a used BladeMaster sharpening machine for myself and friends.  In the process of trying to acquire some additional pieces, but have what I need for now.  

Anyone in Southern California willing to give a lesson? 🍻

Next time I am in town I can spend some time showing you the ropes.