Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
thugnation00

Mission Inhaler Helmet

What color sample did you see? I have seen a few here and there while playing this summer but didn't really look for the latch color because I was too busy back checking haha.

Yessir, just like Re-akt & IMS 9.0. I don't know if I had early samples but the adjustment latch was a different color than the rest of the shell.

I wonder if that will be on all the colors... A few teams had this helmet and didn't think all of them had the white latch, I don't think I saw this on black but every other color I think did.

999979_10151808242085856_1534661458_n.jp

944285_10151797275840856_1492405557_n.jp

Little hard to see on the black but almost looks grey...

It's nice and I really want it. That said, $100 is a brutal price for a helmet like this.

I'm one of those "spend the extra cash to protect your head" crusaders, but the jump in prices of helmets over the past two years is almost exploitative.

It's nice and I really want it. That said, $100 is a brutal price for a helmet like this.

I'm one of those "spend the extra cash to protect your head" crusaders, but the jump in prices of helmets over the past two years is almost exploitative.

I thought this was a good deal, for "a helmet like this." But yea, I support your voice in lowering cost of good equipment.

I thought this was a good deal, for "a helmet like this." But yea, I support your voice in lowering cost of good equipment.

Yeah, $100 is a GREAT price. I'm jumping all over this.

The 5100, which in terms of materials and composition was this helmet's direct ancestor, cost $75-80. This kind of inflation isn't justified by the Inhaler's materials and build itself, it is justified by Bauer's disregard for the consumer's sense of value.

Being one of the biggest in the industry, Bauer benefits most from economies of scale reducing production costs. Yet they lead the charge in the rising average cost of hockey equipment faster than normal inflation does.

I'm sure someone "in the industry" will jump in this thread to tamp my sentiments down, but this is the perspective of a conscientious consumer.

• Like 1

The 5100, which in terms of materials and composition was this helmet's direct ancestor, cost $75-80. This kind of inflation isn't justified by the Inhaler's materials and build itself, it is justified by Bauer's disregard for the consumer's sense of value.

Being one of the biggest in the industry, Bauer benefits most from economies of scale reducing production costs. Yet they lead the charge in the rising average cost of hockey equipment faster than normal inflation does.

I'm sure someone "in the industry" will jump in this thread to tamp my sentiments down, but this is the perspective of a conscientious consumer.

Disagree; the pricing of it is right in line with the 5100, which is $90-$100. In fact, I'm surprised the Inhaler isn't priced more, at the $150 point for example because of its new launch as the flagship helmet in the new Inhaler line and its own unique marketing costs. Margins seem thin on this product, so I feel the $100 is part of a pull strategy to gain consumer interest. $100 is a phenomenal price for any customer for something of that caliber, especially for it being geared/marketed towards RH.

Has anyone heard anything about the fit of this helmet? Will it fit like the 5100 where it feels like it sits on top of your head?

Very interested in this. Pictures do not seem like they would be as deep fitting as the 5100.

• Like 1

Disagree; the pricing of it is right in line with the 5100, which is $90-$100.

The 5100 cage combo was priced around there, yes. $100 is the Inhaler's current price as helmet only. This is the case as of my viewing of IH's website yesterday, anyway.

• Like 1

Hello All,

Just wanted to give everyone a rundown on the new MISSION INHALER Helmet launching this Friday - September 13th, 2013.

- The MISSION INHALER HELMET will retail for $99 and will be offered in Small, Medium and Large.

- This product will be available in Black (w/Black Central Adjustment System), White, Red and Blue (All w/White Central Adjustment System).

- Liner features a Perforated VN Foam with Vex Foam Inserts designed to flow with the Two-piece Ventilated Shell to allow for maximum breathability. (This means that the liner is NOT BLOCKING THE OPENINGS on the shell to allow for maximum air flow!)

- Features a Sweat-Hog II Sweatband which allows for maximum comfort and offers great 'moisture management properties' soaking up the sweat that we can't stop in game play. (Replaceable sweatbands sold separately)

- Our Mission Helmet is also HECC | CSA | CE Approved so that any and all hockey players can use this on the court and on the ice.

- Mission Comfort Catch located in the occipital region of the helmet to conform to the back of the players head to offer a comfortable and secure fit.

If anyone has any questions, please shoot me a message!

Stay true to RH!

- Mission/Bauer Tom

Edited by MissionBauerTom
  • Like 1

Thanks Tom!

Hello All,

Just wanted to give everyone a rundown on the new MISSION INHALER Helmet launching this Friday - September 13th, 2013.

- The MISSION INHALER HELMET will retail for $99 and will be offered in Small, Medium and Large.

- This product will be available in Black (w/Black Central Adjustment System), White, Red and Blue (All w/White Central Adjustment System).

- Liner features a Perforated VN Foam with Vex Foam Inserts designed to flow with the Two-piece Ventilated Shell to allow for maximum breathability. (This means that the liner is NOT BLOCKING THE OPENINGS on the shell to allow for maximum air flow!)

- Features a Sweat-Hog II Sweatband which allows for maximum comfort and offers great 'moisture management properties' soaking up the sweat that we can't stop in game play. (Replaceable sweatbands sold separately)

- Our Mission Helmet is also HECC | CSA | CE Approved so that any and all hockey players can use this on the court and on the ice.

- Mission Comfort Catch located in the occipital region of the helmet to conform to the back of the players head to offer a comfortable and secure fit.

If anyone has any questions, please shoot me a message!

Stay true to RH!

- Mission/Bauer Tom

Tom,

I was wondering if you could explain the evolution of this helmet. Things I have been reading have stated it is related to the Bauer 5100 helmet however the shell looks very similar to the ill-fated NME helmet.

Also is the comfort catch system made from a different type of foam?

Tom,

I was wondering if you could explain the evolution of this helmet. Things I have been reading have stated it is related to the Bauer 5100 helmet however the shell looks very similar to the ill-fated NME helmet.

Also is the comfort catch system made from a different type of foam?

Hey Thugnation,

To keep it short and sweet;

-The NEW MISSION INHALER HELMET was driven from the iconic MISSION INTAKE. We wanted to give the NEW MISSION INHALER HELMET a refreshed look, so we gave the new helmet an aggressive shell design that was RH focused but recognizable as MISSION. We chose to use the RH preferred VN and VEX foam which is light weight,comfortable and offers great protection. Speaking of protection, we didn't want to limit the players ability to play inline or ice hockey, so we made sure to bring a helmet that was certified in the protective category making this product available to every player. Noticing a lot of players using off color'd loops in the game play today, we decided to give our helmet more style by offering off colored loops as our standard. Our Comfort Catch is a softer more supple type foam that offers great protection and allows for maximum comfort.

3 KEY FOCUS's to designing our NEW MISSION INHALER HELMET

Moisture Management (Ventilated Shell Design, SweatHog II Sweatband, Perforated VN Foam Liner w/Vex foam Inserts)

Comfort & Fit (SweatHog II Sweatband, Comfort Catch, Single Point Adjustment System)

Protection (HECC | CSA | CE)

For more info on tech: Read earlier posts.

Got mine in today. First impression was great. Though it was a great fitting helmet, didn't sit on top of my head like my 4500 does. Comfort was also fantastic. Cant wait to wear it tonight.

• Like 1

Got mine in today. First impression was great. Though it was a great fitting helmet, didn't sit on top of my head like my 4500 does. Comfort was also fantastic. Cant wait to wear it tonight.

What the heck took so long? This helmet has been out for 2 months and you work at a hockey shop!! HAHA

I wish I was beamed one directly from the factory but im not that impatient. Thankful that I got to try one out. Mission did a solid job!

What the heck took so long? This helmet has been out for 2 months and you work at a hockey shop!! HAHA

Bought it yesterday, wore it last night, the advertising for air flow was correct. I was in the market for a white helmet since my ice team wears white jerseys and I'm always in the market for air flow in a helmet. My black helmet is a Reebok 11K, the Inhaler kills it with air flow and it seems lighter. The $130 price tag with a cage also beats the last 2 helmets I've worn, Cascade M11 and the 11K. The sweat band seemed to keep the sweat out of my eyes, the air flow kept me cooler and I really liked it for the no check ice league I'm in. I love holes!

I purchased this helmet as well last week. Used it last weekend and was VERY impressed. Identical fit to my 5100. Even though it wasn't a very good skate (skill level was low so I didn't skate extremely hard), by head was cool. I was impressed by the lack of sweat in my hair, it was incredible! Thumbs up on this helmet. I can only imagine how it would feel on the ice.

Bought it yesterday, wore it last night, the advertising for air flow was correct. I was in the market for a white helmet since my ice team wears white jerseys and I'm always in the market for air flow in a helmet. My black helmet is a Reebok 11K, the Inhaler kills it with air flow and it seems lighter. The $130 price tag with a cage also beats the last 2 helmets I've worn, Cascade M11 and the 11K. The sweat band seemed to keep the sweat out of my eyes, the air flow kept me cooler and I really liked it for the no check ice league I'm in. I love holes!

how is the fit compared to an 11k. I wear 11k and its pretty much all I have found that fits my head really well, but I am always looking for more options