Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

About Grizz, he's a well-known guy on the S2K forum. He acquired some Bauer shells, Bauer gloves, and some Bauer pants in a rare Bauer massive hall (he even extended out a request list for those who wanted some Bauer gear). He mainly put up those prices in hopes that people would make him reasonable offers (he got a lot of crap from other S2K members as well for not offering a "Best Offer" price, so he plans on fixing his auctions later tonight). But, I digress, if you're interested in anything he has for sale, feel free to make him an offer via an Ebay message.

Yeah, I actually recently became a member over there myself. I also noticed some time after I made my posts here that some of the members over at S2K found it objectionable as well and let it be known. Doesn't usually change anything, but I like the principle.

As for Grizz, I haven't read many of his posts, but he seems like a reasonable enough person. While I admit labeling him here was in bad taste, my frustration was really directed at pro stock merchandise scalpers in general. Not to single anyone else out, but heck, another eBay member recently put up Penguins pants at around half a thousand dollars. Half a thousand dollars? If I'm paying that much for pants, they better be Wayne Gretzky's pants. They better be his Stanley Cup game-winning pants and his damn body better still be in them.

I realize that it seems to have become a fairly common practice on eBay these days, but when I noticed the sudden mass listing and in that particular price bracket, I felt the need to speak up about it. Sorry if I came across a little too harshly to anyone.

Oh. Somehow I missed that he did allow for making offers.

For the record, I wasn't interested in anything he was selling - though rest assured, I'll be outside his door wielding a torch and pitchfork demanding a reasonable price if he puts up a Flames shell in a size large - but I keep a close eye on pro stock stuff that shows up on eBay, and seeing stuff repeatedly priced at such huge markups tends to get a little bit tiresome. But yes, the choice is that of the consumer's, I suppose.

In any case, complaint withdrawn. Hear hear.

(*bangs gavel*)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BAUER-CALGARY-FLAMES-NHL-PRO-STOCK-RETURN-HOCKEY-PANT-GIRDLE-SHELL-L-/201383981883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee36bb33b

A little off for the usual tenor of this thread, but can't stand it when someone gives an offer less than a quarter of what you're asking for a reasonably priced item. Posted brand new Eagle gloves the other day and listed them slightly on the higher side at $70 with a best offer option, but got an offer for $12. Come on now.

Say, have you ever said to yourself, "Gee, I sure do miss the old Nike Quest 3 skates, but do you know what I miss the most? Those silver laces! I'd pay $20 just to have those again!" Well then, have I got news for you! Also, seek help!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-QUEST-3-ZOOM-AIR-SR-HOCKEY-LACES-you-get-only-the-laces-/291533589008?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

Didn't okaysport get bought by or make bags for someone else? Zipper looks good and I've owned bags in worse condition. For $20, I'd use it regardless of the logo.