Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

warrior has taken over the hockey world AAHHHHAHHHH

With what, foolish marketing and gaudy paintjobs? I think not. Calling something pro when its not ; isnt that kinda misleading?

With what, foolish marketing and gaudy paintjobs? I think not. Calling something pro when its not ; isnt that kinda misleading?

To be fair, Warrior is not the only company who labels products as "Pro" or "Pro Stock". TPS R8 gloves have a large patch below the palm that says "Pro Stock". How many threads on MSH are devoted to the difference between Easton Pro Stock and Easton E-Pro?

Sellers are going to try and get every advantage they can, but I would have thought HockeyMonkey was a bit more ethical than to put "Pro Stock" on something that was never destined for a pro locker room.

To be fair, Warrior is not the only company who labels products as "Pro" or "Pro Stock". TPS R8 gloves have a large patch below the palm that says "Pro Stock". How many threads on MSH are devoted to the difference between Easton Pro Stock and Easton E-Pro?

Sellers are going to try and get every advantage they can, but I would have thought HockeyMonkey was a bit more ethical than to put "Pro Stock" on something that was never destined for a pro locker room.

TPS at least used to actually make that stuff to pro spec, so it was the same as their pro stock equipment. Easton's E pro and Warrior's Pro seres are much more dishonest.

Yes. The TPS R8 is much like my Easton pro 4-rolls. I believe that JR said the R8 is a glove that a pro will use off the rack.

TPS put "pro stock" on a ton of stuff, to an absurd level at the very end. One of the reps explained it to me and I still think it bordered on fraud to put that kind of label on a regular retail product. And I happened to like a lot of TPS product.

TPS at least used to actually make that stuff to pro spec, so it was the same as their pro stock equipment. Easton's E pro and Warrior's Pro seres are much more dishonest.

Tps calls there stuff the pro series because it is in fact there top of the line glove. Same with the bauer 4 roll pros, again another professional level glove. The franchise is warriors pro glove, or the ak27 pro.

Tps calls there stuff the pro series because it is in fact there top of the line glove. Same with the bauer 4 roll pros, again another professional level glove. The franchise is warriors pro glove, or the ak27 pro.

They had three or four models of R8 glove, not all were top of the line models. They also put pro stock on R6 sticks, it had nothing to do with being "top quality".

They also put pro stock on R6 sticks, it had nothing to do with being "top quality".

I wouldn't say "pro stock" means the same as "top quality", its more the personal prefferance of a given professional.

I think we have had this discussion in other threads. If I remember correctly, the term "pro-stock" is used pretty liberally and is quite subjective. But I think a retail product call pro stock is one that is made to the specs that a pro player could, and in some cases does, use off the rack. The term pro stock can also mean products that may have been custom made for retailers...or for teams or players in bulk, and may not have been used or accepted.

I think we have had this discussion in other threads. If I remember correctly, the term "pro-stock" is used pretty liberally and is quite subjective. But I think a retail product call pro stock is one that is made to the specs that a pro player could, and in some cases does, use off the rack. The term pro stock can also mean products that may have been custom made for retailers...or for teams or players in bulk, and may not have been used or accepted.

from what i've heard, my interpretation has always been that pro stock is something that is made to spec for a player or team and never delivered. pro return is something that was sent back and typically cheaper pricing.

from what i've heard, my interpretation has always been that pro stock is something that is made to spec for a player or team and never delivered. pro return is something that was sent back and typically cheaper pricing.

or retail equipment made to pro level specs. like the easton 4-rolls (not e-pro)

That's what pro stock used to mean. Something designed for pro use that differed from retail product.There are always going to be guys that will use something right off the shelf and be happy with it. Manufacturers have simply found another way to appeal to kids, by telling them that their gear is just like the pros use.

They also put pro stock on R6 sticks, it had nothing to do with being "top quality".

I wouldn't say "pro stock" means the same as "top quality", its more the personal prefferance of a given professional.

TPS branded "pro stock" on their R2 OPS. I don't think any pros would choose to use a price-point OPS...