Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

How? I'm failing to see what's wrong with it. He's selling 10 sticks, and if the winner uses buy it now, he's throwing in 2 more.

yea, hes not claiming they are Ovie Pro Stocks. Hes selling Ovechkin retail sticks. unless all the technical mumbo jumbo is false...

How? I'm failing to see what's wrong with it. He's selling 10 sticks, and if the winner uses buy it now, he's throwing in 2 more.

yea, hes not claiming they are Ovie Pro Stocks. Hes selling Ovechkin retail sticks. unless all the technical mumbo jumbo is false...

my bad didn't see the 10

I always thought Ovy generally used a 75 flex and not the stronger sticks...

I always thought Ovy generally used a 75 flex and not the stronger sticks...

hes also right handed.

The OP thought he was selling one stick for more than $500+. He didn't realize the auction is for several retail lefty Ovechkin curve sticks. it's a simple mistake, the seller is not an idiot, and the sticks have almost nothing to do with Alex Ovechkin.

he was selling 20 sticks for $899 a while back.

i think an msh member on here just unloaded two sticks purchased from this guy. they were going 2/$150

Yeah I saw those auctions too, it really bugs me that he's ripping people off like this (Im pretty sure they aren't real prostock). People should really do more research before dumping 150 into a pair of gloves...like look on hockey monkey and see that they're selling the same gloves for 89 bucks.

Yeah I saw those auctions too, it really bugs me that he's ripping people off like this (Im pretty sure they aren't real prostock). People should really do more research before dumping 150 into a pair of gloves...like look on hockey monkey and see that they're selling the same gloves for 89 bucks.

Reminds me of when I saw a kid on PHEW who bought the faked up whitout XXXX's

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jonathan-Toews-game-us...=item20ae10005a

Really? $499 for game used Toews gloves? And there isnt any certification from the team so you cant even be sure they were his? I cant see paying $499 even if they came with Toews himself!

I like this part:

Hurry up grab these superstar gloves at the fraction of the price.

At a fraction of what price? At a fraction of the price he is asking they may be a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jaromir-Jagr-game-used...=item20ae0ff3af

I thought the Towes gloves were funny. Look at these Jagr's....they dont even match!

Dunno about those ones, but Jagr is known for wearing miss-matched gloves. Infact, in his first KHL season he was wearing his miss-matched NYR gloves for Omsk. He might still be, I'm not sure.

Jagr did it when he was with the Pens and Caps as well.

Really? $499 for game used Toews gloves? And there isnt any certification from the team so you cant even be sure they were his? I cant see paying $499 even if they came with Toews himself!

It's not that out there. They're pretty clearly Toews pro stock, right pattern, name's there, looks like a custom palm... don't know if they're really game used, if they were it was very little. Practice used, probably. But they're being sold to the memorabilia market, not the hockey player market.

He'll probably sell them. And somebody will put them in a nice display in their house, perhaps get them autographed...

Sucks for those of us looking to use gear, but far from an idiot.

It's not that out there. They're pretty clearly Toews pro stock, right pattern, name's there, looks like a custom palm... don't know if they're really game used, if they were it was very little. Practice used, probably. But they're being sold to the memorabilia market, not the hockey player market.

He'll probably sell them. And somebody will put them in a nice display in their house, perhaps get them autographed...

Sucks for those of us looking to use gear, but far from an idiot.

Someone would really be willing to pay that much for a glove that has no certification or proof that they were actually Toews's gloves?

$499? I guess the idiot is the one who buys them for that ludicrous price.