Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

i wouldnt be surprised if this member had a few accounts that he used to drive prices up. i had a friend who would do the same thing. annoying and certainly immoral

And most of the time ebay will seek you out as each auction is monitored.

Huh...you know, if ya wanna bid this much for a glove hey it's all sunshine and lollipops. But kinda curious.....completely customized Warrior gloves in your own specs are inconvenient why? But then again, I'm a die hard 'Nucks fan so I shouldn't be talking.

those will definitely be relisted or seller shill bidding to find how much someone would pay

Right, but if you are shilling it up to $600, a real bidder had to be bidding at least up to $595 or so.

Money laundering maybe?

Think about it... you need to get drug money or something from one place to another... so you pay for some way overpriced hockey equipment on ebay that never actually sells otherwise, and move the money via Paypal. No one's the wiser, because really, who looks at ebay hockey equipment for potential money laundering?

yes, some might see the franchise as a better glove, but it is also widely available. not justifying the price, because $600+ is olympic game used territory, but it is a very rare item at the moment.

i wouldnt be surprised if this member had a few accounts that he used to drive prices up. i had a friend who would do the same thing. annoying and certainly immoral

by the way, this could probably be in the "ebay idiot" thread

I'm not surprised since it's a pair of gloves not on the market yet.

I remember when I collected sneakers I got my hands on a pair of "Day Of The Dead" Nike Dunk SBs a couple days before the much anticipated release date and flipped them for $550ish. After the release date prices fell to the $300 range.

People are willing to pay top dollar to be the first to have something that everyone else can't. In marketing we call these people early adopters/trendsetters.

Money laundering maybe?

Think about it... you need to get drug money or something from one place to another... so you pay for some way overpriced hockey equipment on ebay that never actually sells otherwise, and move the money via Paypal. No one's the wiser, because really, who looks at ebay hockey equipment for potential money laundering?

Way too slow, and volume way too low, for something like that. Illegal operations that generate cash in large enough quantity to require laundering will utilize very sophisticated techniques, multiple entity shells, lots of countries, and teams of lawyers and accountants.

Way too slow, and volume way too low, for something like that. Illegal operations that generate cash in large enough quantity to require laundering will utilize very sophisticated techniques, multiple entity shells, lots of countries, and teams of lawyers and accountants.

Not to mention that you would lose like 15% of the money to all the fees, plus Paypal can limit your account any time at any reason.

I'm not much of a businessman at all, I just kind of listed it and hoped for the best. I didn't end up getting as much as I had hoped for with my other listings, one of the items ended up not selling.

I'm not much of a businessman at all, I just kind of listed it and hoped for the best. I didn't end up getting as much as I had hoped for with my other listings, one of the items ended up not selling.

I need a set of smalls, having LOTS of trouble finding them

I need a set of smalls, having LOTS of trouble finding them

Sorry, I don't have any leads to a pair of smalls. I'm just one of those guys who is doing closet cleaning on ebay. Most of the stuff I'm selling are clothes.

Edit: I took out the last sentence because I realized that it might sound like I'm trying to sell stuff in this thread, which is not my intention.

It's not a buy it now price, and the bidding started at 99 cents. I'm assuming that he thinks people will really want them and keep bidding higher and higher.

you never know what happens in the last few minutes. I once sold a pair of Thrashers Jofa pants that I bought new from the team for $50. they were too much protection for me so all I really wanted was my money back. in the last few minutes 2 guys got in a bidding war and they went for $225! :ohmy:

hes just starting the bidding at $.99

its the only way i do my auctions. it gets way more attention, more people watching, and more initial bids. ebay is pretty par with market value, its just a bit of a ride getting there sometimes (you can sit at a price way below what you would be comfortable selling at, then seconds before the auction ends, you get $20 more than you expected). i don't ever remember selling something for less than i wanted for it, using the low starting price.

the weird thing is, the skates in the first and 2nd pic are different.