Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

With a guy that's playing games like that, it's probably a safe bet that shipping will be the $40.15 he's listed. This doesn't look like a guy who would pass on any savings, when he can just put it in his pocket. And it's just "based" on actual cost. His last listing looks like he would have taken $80, now he's trying for $95. He was encouraged, no doubt, by the big difference in bids in the two listings for the skates he sold recently.

As to why, he apparently thinks he'll get more money. It's too complicated for me to figure out if he will. I like the same approach you do.

The shipping that shows up for this guy's ad will be different for everyone that views the ad. As soon as you put in your zipcode it shows what shipping is for you. For me it lists $66.84. Obviously this guy is heavily padding his shipping for longer distance buyers. Not an illegal tactic but not someone I'd buy anything from.

The shipping that shows up for this guy's ad will be different for everyone that views the ad. As soon as you put in your zipcode it shows what shipping is for you. For me it lists $66.84. Obviously this guy is heavily padding his shipping for longer distance buyers. Not an illegal tactic but not someone I'd buy anything from.

Interesting; that explains why my amount was different. I wondered about that.

Interesting; that explains why my amount was different. I wondered about that.

I didn't know that either. Still, if it cost $65 to send pants within the country, we wouldn't see a lot of online sales.

I had bought a few pairs of these from a PIAS by me and the sticker said "3300 custom". I was told by the store that the regional rep for easton brouth them by and sold them to the store, along with some shafts. The gloves were really nice, the store was selling them foe $99 and there were no takers, dropped the price to $60 and I bought three pair. One thing I did notice was that the 14" and 15" had the same fit, the cuff was just an inch longer on the 15".

Is it just me????? Or does every pr of gloves shown in these pics, have strange cuffs? They look different, on each glove? Is it possible thast these are "seconds" or manufacture "mistakes"......really odd? Maybe its just my eyes? Or some kind of custom cuff? Cheers!

Sorry forgot to include original quote.........http://cgi.ebay.com/...I#ht_2698wt_905

Any idea what these are? SMU's I'm assuming?

I didn't know that either. Still, if it cost $65 to send pants within the country, we wouldn't see a lot of online sales.

Ya it doesn't cost that much to ship hockey pants. I've mailed goalie and player pants a lot and none were more then 20.00

"I will make a trip to your team's city (preferable a weekend game so I can see and enjoy the city) where we can hopefully watch a game together and root for my new favorite team."

This guy just wants a date.

"THESE SKATES ARE BASICALLY THE TOTAL ONE, BUT DESIGNED TO LOOK OLD SCHOOL LIKE A CLASSIC SKATE." Must be bauers newest marketing strategy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAUER-CLASSIC-TOTAL-ONE-PRO-STOCK-RETURN-HOCKEY-SKATES-/190561842885?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5e5ef6c5

Bauer has been doing that for a while. It used to be Supreme 8090 skates iirc; the 'One95's ' had the same decals applied. That listing is incorrect, they are not TotalOnes, they are redressed older model skates.

Bauer has been doing that for a while. It used to be Supreme 8090 skates iirc; the 'One95's ' had the same decals applied. That listing is incorrect, they are not TotalOnes, they are redressed older model skates.

I know this. haha. I believe the skates listed are bauer s9's. I was making fun of the part where he said the skates are basically totalones.

I don't totally understand the gamesmanship here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TACKLA-Air-9000-Pants-size-50-M-L-GOOD-VG-Condition-/280717726604?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415c14938c

I mean, I get that he wants a lot of the price to be shipping to save some EBay costs, but what does this mean then:

"Shipping based on ACTUAL cost from Phila PA to YOUR location & WILL BE EXTRA!"

Does that mean that if the shipping isn't $60, you pay less? And I hate the mystery reserve here. For a while he was selling them at a starting price of $30, with $30 shipping, and now he's starting at $10, with $60 shipping.

Too many games. Just make the shipping a reasonable $20 or whatever, and start the bidding at your minimum price. Why is that so hard?

So I emailed the seller and asked him exactly what "Shipping based on ACTUAL cost from Phila PA to YOUR location & WILL BE EXTRA!" means.

His reply:

"That means shipping is the cost from phila pa to your location.. NOT what Ebay is putting up..

How can Ebay put up a shipping price when they don't know where its going?

- indypace78185i"

My reply back this morning:

"The shipping calculator is actually very accurate. It does "know" where the package is going since I'm signed in, it knows my location. If you've put the package dimensions and weight info in when you listed the pants, then the shipping will be what it ends up saying it'll be. The amount changes for each user (bidder) based on their location. The amount Ebay is displaying is based on the info you entered about the package, where the bidder is (since only signed-in and registered bidders can actually bid), and the type of shipping the bidder wants."

We'll see.

So I emailed the seller and asked him exactly what "Shipping based on ACTUAL cost from Phila PA to YOUR location & WILL BE EXTRA!" means.

His reply:

"That means shipping is the cost from phila pa to your location.. NOT what Ebay is putting up..

How can Ebay put up a shipping price when they don't know where its going?

- indypace78185i"

My reply back this morning:

"The shipping calculator is actually very accurate. It does "know" where the package is going since I'm signed in, it knows my location. If you've put the package dimensions and weight info in when you listed the pants, then the shipping will be what it ends up saying it'll be. The amount changes for each user (bidder) based on their location. The amount Ebay is displaying is based on the info you entered about the package, where the bidder is (since only signed-in and registered bidders can actually bid), and the type of shipping the bidder wants."

We'll see.

Ha ha. It's certainly mysterious. He must have put in some large dimensions, or added a handling charge to get the rates so high. His answer could mean that he's simply going to charge actual shipping costs. But I'm still not sure from his wording: "WILL BE EXTRA" Anyway, I don't know what his reserve price is but it's more than my early low ball offers.

"I will make a trip to your team's city (preferable a weekend game so I can see and enjoy the city) where we can hopefully watch a game together and root for my new favorite team."

This guy just wants a date.

someone should tell him to try Craigslist. :laugh:

tip: don't look up what I'm talking about at work.

They look maroon on my monitor. I see what you mean though the cuff looks a little pink. The colors always seem a bit off between the tufftek and leather. On my Pro Series gloves they were navy but the leather was a lighter blue which made the tufftek look black.