Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

I vote not idiot: they say one95 on the heel. He probably just doesn't completely know what he's selling. Minor detail, especially for someone that may not deal in highly specialized pro stock equiptment.

I contacted him. He knows exactly what he has and it committing fraud by claiming they are "real" One95s

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-EDGE-Evgeni-Malkin-2008-Winter-classic-Authentic-Hockey-Jersey-/260896919654?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cbeab1066#ht_500wt_898

This looks fake to me

I contacted him. He knows exactly what he has and it committing fraud by claiming they are "real" One95s

I contacted him too, was he very defencive about his listing too?

Fake and probably not even worth the $20 the person originally spent on it.

Agreed. Doesn't even look like one the "better" fake ones out there. Numbers and logo are glossy.

I have already reported this to eBay, but I wanted to give everyone here a heads up on this.

I sold these gloves to Eric Reed of Los Gatos, CA, under the eBay username wingerkiller7, who is now selling them listed as "Pro Stock" which I can assure you they are not as I bought them retail from Hockey X Sport in Oakland. He is also stating that the palms have no damage, which they do, and that the cuffs are not cut, which they are. I contacted him under another account requesting pictures of the palms and he sent me pictures of them, complete with my initials still written in Sharpie on them confirming that they are the gloves I had JUST sold to him.

Buy them if you wish, but the description is very much a misrepresentation of what is for sale.

Ya he bought those San Jose Sharks gloves for around $50 and now wants $100 hahahaha good luck bro!

He also bought that Sharks sell for $20 and wants to sell for $150

Personally guy is a moron and will find out he is going to lose money...his mistake

not gear but still worthy of "idiot" tag: http://www.ebay.com/...=item336e7fb254

who exactly is Eric Lindrus??? ;)

Maybe it's just a spelling error. I'm pretty sure 95% of the world can figure out they are talking about Eric Lindros.

Some of the posts in here are people just splitting hairs over tiny details.

Maybe it's just a spelling error. I'm pretty sure 95% of the world can figure out they are talking about Eric Lindros.

Some of the posts in here are people just splitting hairs over tiny details.

then it's a spelling error twice as it's in multiple places. in other parts it's Lundros. the "idiot" part comes in by not being able to A) read the box and B) not proof-reading the listing.

then it's a spelling error twice as it's in multiple places. in other parts it's Lundros. the "idiot" part comes in by not being able to A) read the box and B) not proof-reading the listing.

Would one be an "idiot" if they don't know when to capitalize?

I agree with niXon, if you're calling someone an idiot for typos, you're splitting hairs and it doesn't seem to be the spirit of this thread. And then if you're going to call someone out for a typo, you probably should make sure you don't have a typo or grammatical error in your own critique. And finally, if you're also going to point out a typo on a listing for something like this, then you might get people wondering why anyone would be looking up Eric Lindros Christmas ornaments anyway. And that's really what I'm wondering about right now.

Grammatical ignorance on a hockey forum and trying to provide a detailed description of a product in order to sell it are completely different things LOL

Grammatical ignorance on a hockey forum and trying to provide a detailed description of a product in order to sell it are completely different things LOL

How about punctuation?

Would one be an "idiot" if they don't know when to capitalize?

I agree with niXon, if you're calling someone an idiot for typos, you're splitting hairs and it doesn't seem to be the spirit of this thread. And then if you're going to call someone out for a typo, you probably should make sure you don't have a typo or grammatical error in your own critique. And finally, if you're also going to point out a typo on a listing for something like this, then you might get people wondering why anyone would be looking up Eric Lindros Christmas ornaments anyway. And that's really what I'm wondering about right now.

that would be because I was searching "hockey ornaments". some of us do theme trees. my xmas tree is nothing but hockey and Snoopy ornaments. the best ones are both Snoopy AND hockey.

Sorry I didn't know this was a spelling bee...

Quite possibly THE reply from the eBay seller, huh?

Perhaps the person selling Christmas ornaments wasn't aware that they had to show they had knowledge of former NHL players to sell a cheesy decoration for a tree too?

My point was that it is pretty ridiculous to ridicule someone for a typo when your post is filled with typos too. Do you not agree? Or do you think it's not completely foolish looking to post something on a public forum that has improper punctuation, capitalization or typos in order to call someone an idiot because they've misspelled a name?