Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Uh, what brought you to this listing?

I was searching for Jofa and it was in the very listings...I was on my phone and saved it and saw the full link later on my Mac.....trust me I'm scarred

You guys sure are sensitive. I opened the link at work and laughed at it with my workmates. Showed it to my gf at home too, she lol'd as well.

So I called the person out on the gloves. Didn't expect this:

Hello, how is your weekend going? Mine is going well. Wow! I sincerely thought that my gloves were what I was advertising them to be, as this is what I was told that they were from the seller that I purchased them from in March, 2010 off of eBay (I guess that just because a seller [such as the one that I dealt with] has a high feedback rating does NOT mean that they are not prone to lying, perhaps? Or perhaps they, too - like me - were totally deceived as well).

Anyways, thanks for the information, and I have since cancelled that auction and listed an up-to-date one with the real info. I am not a liar, I was just deceived by someone else. I hate lying! Revelation 21:8 proclaims that "all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death". This verse scares me!!

I take lying (that is, for me NOT to lie) VERY seriously, as I am a born-again Christian: and if my integrity is flawed, what does that say about the name of my Lord if I (a self-proclaimed follower of him), if I lie?

Anyways, thanks again for being honest with me, I appreciate it!

thanks a have a blessed Christmas,

Nicholas :)

- from_berea

This would be the flip side to what happened here last week. Thanks for posting his reply.

I think tsr had some with his curve, no name just the pattern written where the name usually goes. I took it as they had them made, not pro stock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sean-Avery-Custom-Eagle-hockey-gloves-13-game-used-New-York-Rangers-NYR-NHL-pro-/140663616372?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20c0347374

$300???

guess the seller doesn't know that you can buy these "One of a kind pair of game used Sean Avery NYR gloves! You will probably never see another pair- ever." from this site for almost half that price:

http://www.rldhockey.com/collections/hockey-gloves/products/pro-return-sean-avery-eagle-ppf-glove

He's one of those sellers that has been buying gear from other sellers and relisting them at a much higher price:

Here's another example:

http://www.ebay.com/...96#ht_500wt_898

Guy bought them offer another seller (steamers11 I think it's spelt) and jacked up the price.

I hate losers like this.

I had a pair of gloves I was offered $100 for, and guy immediately relisted them at $150.

He's one of those sellers that has been buying gear from other sellers and relisting them at a much higher price:

Here's another example:

http://www.ebay.com/...96#ht_500wt_898

Guy bought them offer another seller (steamers11 I think it's spelt) and jacked up the price.

I hate losers like this.

I had a pair of gloves I was offered $100 for, and guy immediately relisted them at $150.

I think the looser is the person who sold him the stuff for less than it's worth. You can't fault the guy for capitalizing on opportunities to flip gear.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking it was bootleg based on the price.

No, that tag looked right for the CCM Maska from that era. I have. a few of those, nice jersey for the $

I seen this as I'm not sure but I think he uses a 77 flex and uses the apx line

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1176

Asked the seller for a pic of the code, his response was

The nameplate is blank but the codes are... Curve: 5378-1 Flex: 87 Flex Profile: C29. I can send you a picture if you really want but I promise that's all it says.

So much for G3 or even a total one for that matter.

These aren't on ebay, but would you pay $150 for a pair of brand new Raffi Torres pro-stock Easton E-Pro Vancouver Canucks gloves?

New Pro-Stock e-Pro's? I'd probably pull the trigger on that. Seems a little high for pro-stock but it's christmas time and new pro stocks tend to be high anyways. Anyways, the PS E-Pros are way better than the ones that Easton offers at retail, if you weren't already aware of this fact.

Ya we mentioned those in Gear Listings, they are simply 4 Rolls with different back rolls, nothing special besides it being a custom order.

But there is no Vapor influence in those gloves at all, the APX will look nothing like that.