Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

im sure team canada has youth programs like USA hockey.

It specifically says Olympic team bag.

And it looks if NHLers just use their team bags for international tournaments

5657.sidney_crosby_postgame.jpg.

I have a pair of these in 13" though the palm is single layer which this pair is not. they are flashy but an incredibly comfortable pair of gloves. got them from Pure Hockey on clearance.

13s are about the perfect size for me, but if I could get those MIAs for the right price I could make a 14 work.

Yep, it works. And it is just about as annoying and as dishonest to me as putting "Alex Ovechkin" on a subject line to generate hits and then saying "well, maybe it isn't" in the listing. At least in this case, it may actually be an Ovechkin helmet. You list a pair of Bauer gloves, then say Bauer gloves, there's no chance that they're Warrior/Jofa/CCM or Reebok.

Well, its just used to get people to look at it. I think you should be able to tell whether they are bauer, warrior, jofa, ccm or rbk. If you can't tell that you shouldn't be purchasing the equipment.

It's misleading. If I search for Bauer gloves, I want to see Bauer gloves, I'm not going to buy your reebok gloves just because they come up on my search for Bauer. In fact, if I'm searching for Bauer gloves and I see a picture of Bauer gloves labeled BAUER EASTON WARRIOR NIKE REEBOK RBK CCM EAGLE PRO STOCK RETURN NHL GLOVE, chances are I'm not buying them anyway.

Ok well thats your prerogative, but on the other hand you can see a nice deal on a pair of BAUER EASTON WARRIOR NIKE REEBOK RBK CCM EAGLE PRO STOCK RETURN NHL GLOVE and buy them. It's not misleading if you ask me. For example - Your telling me if you see a pair of warrior franchise winter classic pro returns for 100 bucks your not gonna take em just cause they are listed like that ?

It's misleading. If I search for Bauer gloves, I want to see Bauer gloves, I'm not going to buy your reebok gloves just because they come up on my search for Bauer. In fact, if I'm searching for Bauer gloves and I see a picture of Bauer gloves labeled BAUER EASTON WARRIOR NIKE REEBOK RBK CCM EAGLE PRO STOCK RETURN NHL GLOVE, chances are I'm not buying them anyway.

Agree. If I'm searching, I want results I'm looking for and anyone who lists items like this is just wasting my time. If I'm just browsing for deals, I'll type "hockey gloves" and see them all.

Same here. And the more people who do it, the more time they're wasting for prospective buyers.

Well, its just used to get people to look at it. I think you should be able to tell whether they are bauer, warrior, jofa, ccm or rbk. If you can't tell that you shouldn't be purchasing the equipment.

So if I can tell that you're lying when I look, it's OK that you lied?

Ok well thats your prerogative, but on the other hand you can see a nice deal on a pair of BAUER EASTON WARRIOR NIKE REEBOK RBK CCM EAGLE PRO STOCK RETURN NHL GLOVE and buy them. It's not misleading if you ask me. For example - Your telling me if you see a pair of warrior franchise winter classic pro returns for 100 bucks your not gonna take em just cause they are listed like that ?

That's not gonna happen, and why would I even care, if I'm looking for something else?

It amazes me that people think it's OK to lie, and create a hassle for others, because they want money. It amazes me much more that they think they can justify it.

It amazes me that people think it's OK to lie, and create a hassle for others, because they want money. It amazes me much more that they think they can justify it.

It truly is incredible the things that people can justify to themselves that they wouldn't accept from others. Especially when money is involved.

You guys have valid points, I am not saying you don't. I understand you want to look for bauers and other things are coming up but if you see the pic and its not what you are interested in just scroll by it. It's that simple, just like if you see something in bad condition or an ugly colorway. I just don't see it as "lying" when you post something up like that. It's not like I am taking a pics of different items and posting them in the same auction. For example, I once was looking for a pair of jofa 8k elbows and i wound up getting a set of rbk pro stock 8k's for a quarter of the price. Very similar pair of elbows. To me it is just using all possible free resources of my item getting looked at.

Same here. And the more people who do it, the more time they're wasting for prospective buyers.

So if I can tell that you're lying when I look, it's OK that you lied?

That's not gonna happen, and why would I even care, if I'm looking for something else?

I stopped doing it the first time the savages on here made a big deal out of it but ebay's such a mess right now who gives a shit? Ebay holds payments for three weeks for christ sakes now.

You guys have valid points, I am not saying you don't. I understand you want to look for bauers and other things are coming up but if you see the pic and its not what you are interested in just scroll by it. It's that simple, just like if you see something in bad condition or an ugly colorway. I just don't see it as "lying" when you post something up like that. It's not like I am taking a pics of different items and posting them in the same auction. For example, I once was looking for a pair of jofa 8k elbows and i wound up getting a set of rbk pro stock 8k's for a quarter of the price. Very similar pair of elbows. To me it is just using all possible free resources of my item getting looked at.

Yeah, falsely advertising what you're trying to sell to get looks is okay to you. We got that.

I stopped doing it the first time the savages on here made a big deal out of it but ebay's such a mess right now who gives a shit? Ebay holds payments for three weeks for christ sakes now.

No need for name-calling.

If we wanted to browse every glove listhing, we would do that. But if we search, we have something specific in mind. Keyword spamming (not allowed under eBay rules, btw), just turns every search into a browse and destroys search function. Your logic is flawed and the practice is universallty annoying to nearly everyone. Should my search for gloves also bring up guitars? You never know, I migh see a good deal. By your logic, that would make sense. Quit arguing the point, take the (very gentle, imo) feedback and quit the keyword spamming. And yes, not only would I not buy a product that keyword spammed, I report each and every lising I see to eBay.

Agree 100%. I save specific searches and have several times being mislead by a new search only for it to be keyword spam. Many people look at "Recently Listed" items anyway and will come across it.

Here is how annoying it is:

Agree Bauer Reebok 100%. I save Warrior Pro Stock specific searches Easton Pro Return and have several Warrior Franchise times CCM Alexander Ovechkin Pro Stock being mislead by a new Bauer XXX XXXX X 60 APX search only for it to 400 Franchise extortion be keyword spam. Many people look at "Recently ST S19 EQ 50 RS MAKO Listed" items anyway HARD TO FIND GAME USED and will Pro Stock come across it.

You don't have to be a savage if that annoyed you.

should I have posted user names instead ? :laugh:

I don't get your point, or the reason for the laughing icon. Mine was that it's impolite to call people names.