Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_3139wt_1396

"Pro Stock" Kovalchuk Thrashers gloves, without his custom cuff, initials or number on them

I think this one passes. He says:

These are the same style gloves that Ilya Kovalchuk wore when he was with Atlanta.

He never claims they are Kovalchuk gloves, just the same style and colorway. Which is correct.

Before Nazi Germany, the swastika was more widely known as a symbol of good luck, and hockey players would often wear them on their equipment. There were even several hockey teams in the early 1900s named the Swastikas. I asked the guy about it and he said it's supposed to be for good luck, nothing to do with white supremacy or Nazis.

Yeah, but isn't the Nazi swastika always at an angle (as it is on that sticker?)

He does have the other swastika on straight so who knows. But yeah the Nazi swastika was typically always on an angle.

with the swastika he has is the same as the one the Nazis used if its for other meaning it would have other thing in the swastika or would be facing the other way. Both of his are facing the same as the Nazis for sure. (look it up the on the left is the same as on the planes and the one the right is set just like on the uniforms)

Its very dumb of the person for even having them on his helmet. But then again he is in the south and may think its cool.

with the swastika he has is the same as the one the Nazis used if its for other meaning it would have other thing in the swastika or would be facing the other way. Both of his are facing the same as the Nazis for sure. (look it up the on the left is the same as on the planes and the one the right is set just like on the uniforms)

Its very dumb of the person for even having them on his helmet. But then again he is in the south and may think its cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_Swastikas

If you didn't know better, you would think this is the 1944 German National hockey team, right?

I'm not saying it's not weird, but I don't think it's definitive proof that he's a supremacist. It's definitely odd.

the way the swastika symbol signifies religion is when it is reversed, or in other words backwards. the way it is portrayed on that helmet clearly is the form we know it to be from nazi germany. IMO you have to be a real idiot to put that on your bucket regardless, and if its a religious symbol than you would know the proper way it is displayed which is facing the complete opposite way.

the way the swastika symbol signifies religion is when it is reversed, or in other words backwards. the way it is portrayed on that helmet clearly is the form we know it to be from nazi germany. IMO you have to be a real idiot to put that on your bucket regardless, and if its a religious symbol than you would know the proper way it is displayed which is facing the complete opposite way.

In religion it can be faced either way. Nazi swastikas were usually at an angle with a counterclockwise facing arms. In Hinduism which my family practices we have a few swastika stuff that faces either direction.

In religion it can be faced either way. Nazi swastikas were usually at an angle with a counterclockwise facing arms. In Hinduism which my family practices we have a few swastika stuff that faces either direction.

@ machinehead - thanks for clarifying that. i have seen a few religious forms where it was displayed backwards, so thats good that we can have someone who knows this first hand clear it up

@ machinehead - thanks for clarifying that. i have seen a few religious forms where it was displayed backwards, so thats good that we can have someone who knows this first hand clear it up

But more than likely he's probably not a follower of the three main religlions who use this as most of them don't go around publicly using the swastika in the open like this though.