Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Regardless of the reason, he's an idiot. Some things can't be taken back... the swastika is no longer an appropriate symbol for luck/success, and anyone with half a brain knows that.

I've been trying really hard not to jump in here due to such a strong personal bias...

But blue said it best. The symbol has been ruined for anyone, I don't care what people say. The swastika means nazi. Period.

Regardless of the reason, he's an idiot. Some things can't be taken back... the swastika is no longer an appropriate symbol for luck/success, and anyone with half a brain knows that.

Some religions have been using it for a long time, and don't need to discard it simply because a relatively recent and short-lived political movement also used it. None of us wish to abandon the cross because the Klan used it for purposes that we find objectionable.

In religion it can be faced either way. Nazi swastikas were usually at an angle with a counterclockwise facing arms. In Hinduism which my family practices we have a few swastika stuff that faces either direction.

Nazi swastika looks clockwise to me, with the arms pointing the way the clock turns.

Hey douche Lees Summit is Kansas City. Care to explain your statement?

You're taking it the wrong way. I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my statement

You're taking it the wrong way. I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my statement

Sounds to me like you were pretty clearly stating that anyone from Kansas City is white supremacist to the extreme that Nazi Germany was.

I take great personal offense to this. Though perhaps you're really just showing your ignorance of people putside your own neighborhood.

Sounds to me like you were pretty clearly stating that anyone from Kansas City is white supremacist to the extreme that Nazi Germany was.

I take great personal offense to this. Though perhaps you're really just showing your ignorance of people putside your own neighborhood.

I believe he was trying to offer some context on the situation, as you have got to believe most people from Missouri who've publicly displayed the Swastika symbol in the past have not used it in a positive or religiously meaningful way. To me, he didn't come out and say everyone in Kansas City is a racist, but more so that the seller lives in a less-than-reputable place when it comes to racial issues.

I believe he was trying to offer some context on the situation, as you have got to believe most people from Missouri who've publicly displayed the Swastika symbol in the past have not used it in a positive or religiously meaningful way. To me, he didn't come out and say everyone in Kansas City is a racist, but more so that the seller lives in a less-than-reputable place when it comes to racial issues.

tenspeed is spot on.

Some religions have been using it for a long time, and don't need to discard it simply because a relatively recent and short-lived political movement also used it. None of us wish to abandon the cross because the Klan used it for purposes that we find objectionable.

Nazi swastika looks clockwise to me, with the arms pointing the way the clock turns.

The direction of the swastika is based on the upper right arm's elbow. If it points to the left, it's considered counterclockwise, to the right/clockwise.

The Finns still use the swastika today in their airforce.

The direction of the swastika is based on the upper right arm's elbow. If it points to the left, it's considered counterclockwise, to the right/clockwise.

The Finns still use the swastika today in their airforce.

According to multiple sources you have been wrong since 1945.

back to why we're here. son of a beeyotch i bet you're right and that pisses me off!

powerplay is super shady. I can't count how many times his listings have come up on this thread.

Missouri <> The South

Sincerely,

The South

As stated here, if you looked at a map you would see that Missouri is more mid-west than anything. I mean it about as south as the bottom two thirds of Illinois. ANyway, the point remains, if it is good luck I say put it on the inside.

According to multiple sources you have been wrong since 1945.

Yes and no. We still have the swastika on our air force academy flag, some air force unit flags and on our medals. Swastikas were used on our aircraft from 1918 to 1945, so we had it long before the nazis.

Here's the current flag of Finnish training air wing, notice there's three swastikas on it:

175px-Lentosotakoulu.svg.png

There's one on our Presidential flag too.

Anyway, please continue the topic.

They'll probably get it. If they were 14", I would have thought hard about it.