Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

They'll probably get it. If they were 14", I would have thought hard about it.

That's utterly absurd. People are going nuts over Jofa stuff and it just doesn't make sense.

That's utterly absurd. People are going nuts over Jofa stuff and it just doesn't make sense.

Jofa has always been pretty good gear but I don't understand the current mania over it. No way I'm paying $225.00 for shin guards no longer in production.

It's the same with cars, just the same with how Honda enthusiasts (like myself) will pay $200 for a Mügen shift knob just because it's "JDM".

Not that I'd pay the $200, but people will artificially inflate the prices of items just because they can. It's awfully sickening to be honest.

It's the same with cars, just the same with how Honda enthusiasts (like myself) will pay $200 for a Mügen shift knob just because it's "JDM".

Not that I'd pay the $200, but people will artificially inflate the prices of items just because they can. It's awfully sickening to be honest.

I think what's worse is that essentially the same pad was offered at retail until last year.

You like what you like - a LOT of hockey players are particular about their gear, not just MSHers. And given the choice of paying a little more for something you know, versus hours of research and potentially hours of driving to an LHS to get something different that may or may not work on the ice? Come on, even you can see some logic there.

You like what you like - a LOT of hockey players are particular about their gear, not just MSHers. And given the choice of paying a little more for something you know, versus hours of research and potentially hours of driving to an LHS to get something different that may or may not work on the ice? Come on, even you can see some logic there.

That's a negative?

That's a negative?

Can be. If you're looking at a $75 difference in gear cost and the trip would cause you to lose $200 worth of work, it's a pretty obvious negative. I don't advocate online shopping, believe me - I own/run a pro shop. But if going to your LHS still won't get you the product you know you like and you have to gamble on a new piece of equipment that you might have to sell at a loss because it doesn't work for you? Seriously, is that really even debatable? Let's get back on topic, please.

Fetish gear, according to goalies who have been bemused at their used jocks going for insane prices... more than that, neither you nor I want to know.

It's like the Japanese having vending machines selling used panties...but at least that's somewhat understandable from a primal sense.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4843debca2

Good deal on some TPS mitts....

i just saw a pair of TPS in similar condition (no nhl logo) go for $20...

I'm not putting these in the "idiot" category, because they're pretty hard to find, let alone new/unused...but the current bid for these is a lot of money.

http://www.ebay.com/...319679602422751

i just saw a pair of TPS in similar condition (no nhl logo) go for $20...

I'm not putting these in the "idiot" category, because they're pretty hard to find, let alone new/unused...but the current bid for these is a lot of money.

http://www.ebay.com/...319679602422751

They seem to be in to good of condition to actually be real. These couldn't have been hanging on someone shop shelf and not show some sort of color disfiguration. There is no crush marks on the glove so it's not like they were thrown somewhere and forgotten about for 15 years. IMO they just look to new to be old Coopers