Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

It is. It was something goofy Oakley cooked up. Worse visibility than a normal cage with less protection.

'

That was my first thought looking at that monstrosity. I'm shocked they haven't caught on.

Hmm, a couple things that bother me about it beyond the helmet color. The tape job... it might just be the pictures, but the tape color does not look nearly bright enough. Also, the way the tape job drops down below the helmet "halo" as the wing tips curve back... haven't seen that on a 4500 before. The other thing is the cage... maybe they've used them at some point, but I can't seem to recall seeing a Michigan player use a chrome cage... usually they are black.

Hmm, a couple things that bother me about it beyond the helmet color. The tape job... it might just be the pictures, but the tape color does not look nearly bright enough. Also, the way the tape job drops down below the helmet "halo" as the wing tips curve back... haven't seen that on a 4500 before. The other thing is the cage... maybe they've used them at some point, but I can't seem to recall seeing a Michigan player use a chrome cage... usually they are black.

The video here shows Michigan's practice helmets -- navy with a yellow ("maize") block M. The wings are only worn for games, I believe.

The video here shows Michigan's practice helmets -- navy with a yellow ("maize") block M. The wings are only worn for games, I believe.

That is correct, my buddy played for Michigan and every summer he came home with a practice helmet and said they only wore the wings helmets for games.

That is correct, my buddy played for Michigan and every summer he came home with a practice helmet and said they only wore the wings helmets for games.

I asked the equipment manager who's been there since 1990, here's his response:

"We only use navy helmets and for the past 10 years our practice helmets have been plain (no stripes) with the exception of some decals. We have never used chrome facemasks."

Reasonable considering he has all the proof to show it was Gretzkys, I personally would put a down payment on a house, but some rich bugger will pay that.

That is an amazing jersey... the 75th patch certainly makes it unique. I don't think the 85k is that far off, assuming it's legit.

I have a game worn, signed Gretzky Kings jersey (not the 75th anniversary year though) with all the proper paperwork and when it was appraised for insurance purposes, the value was nowhere near $85k. Not to say that it's a cheap item, but $85k isn't even in the same ballpark. I could see $85k for a jersey from one of his cup wins, or maybe the 91 Canada Cup. The number he cites from another auction is much closer to reality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220968554688#ht_1908wt_1139

These are not Chicago Blackhawk "Pro stock" Gloves.....They are TSR custom 4-rolls in the Chi colorway...YES I did read the description and see where it say's "Blackhawks layout" That is not the same thing as the pro stock glove it is being advertised as....Also, I know this to be 100% true, I owed those gloves and had the digital palms put on myself. I get tired of seeing other memebers here call people out for the samething that is being done with this auction.