Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Those gloves would have been $25 shipped a few weeks ago before the whole retro gear bandwagon began

But I do have a pair of Forte made (Eagle CP96) Rawlings 4 Rolls that are brand new, never even shot with them. (hence of course brand new right?)

$25 shipped? I think a lot of people love those gloves...

And I didn't realize a retro gear bandwagon started a few weeks ago??

$25 shipped? I think a lot of people love those gloves...

And I didn't realize a retro gear bandwagon started a few weeks ago??

Agreed-. Certain pieces of older gear have always commanded a premium since they were discontinued.The Easton gloves, Jofa buble cages and shin/shoulder/elbows and Tacks skates all come to mind.

Curious what you guys think of this... am I an ebay idiot? I just bought them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190662078942

$300 for top of the line brand new skates plus you mentioned in I think the SHOW IT OFF thread the EE will help with your foot pains, I say good deal unless they suck.

$300 for top of the line brand new skates plus you mentioned in I think the SHOW IT OFF thread the EE will help with your foot pains, I say good deal unless they suck.

True, was just making sure I wasn't REALLY missing something here. The label on the skate says "9EE-LR".. I'm not sure what the LR means.

Everytime I see those jofa pro elbows so expensive I'm baffled. I bought them, originally size 5 (medium) from hockey giant. Since these pads are seriously ginormous, i ended up returning them for size 4 (small) and they are still big but fit very well.

I payed $50 shipped form hockey giant probably 1.5 years ago. . . . I wish I never returned the size5's and ended up putting them on ebay no. Amazing these things are selling for these prices, just amazing.

I just sold a pair of size 5 7ks for $250. I threw them up there just to field offers on them.

They lasted 17 mins before someone paid the full $250.

Haven't you heard, Jofa is to the hockey player as aluminium wings on cars are to ricers. Not that Jofa is bad they are obviously a quality product but I paid $9.99 for my Bauer Supreme Classics and work just fine for me.

I will admit that I've never worn them but I don't understand why Jofa elbow pads command prices upwards of $150.

I've worn them. I also bought a pair from Hockey Giant after hearing everyone rave over them. I hated the blasted things and sold them for about what i paid for them. I personally felt ripped off paying $40 for them.

I just bought some size 5 8k pros for $80 on ebay. Must have gotten lucky?

8k's normally go for half of what 7ks go for.

Nature of the beast.

I happened to watch the Colorado's last game of the season where at the end of the game some lucky fans were getting a signed jersey of their fav Avalanche player and guys were taking their game worn jerseys off right there, on the ice. I must have noticed more than half of the players wearing 7K elbows. this is it, I guess. wear what the pros wear mentality that drives the craze about these pads. I can't see how a casual player would need those. I had 6K older ones and they were, like some said, too big.

I happened to watch the Colorado's last game of the season where at the end of the game some lucky fans were getting a signed jersey of their fav Avalanche player and guys were taking their game worn jerseys off right there, on the ice. I must have noticed more than half of the players wearing 7K elbows. this is it, I guess. wear what the pros wear mentality that drives the craze about these pads. I can't see how a casual player would need those. I had 6K older ones and they were, like some said, too big.

It's not a "wear what the pros wear" thing. It's that they're good pads and people like them...

I think the "wear what the pro's wear" isn't why they are what people want to wear. They are absolutely amazing pads. . . and they are tanks. If I landed wrong on my old elbow pads I'd have zinger's going up my arms from landing on my elbow. . . . and now I can take some heavy slashes before I feel any pain.

The $250 price tag they are going for on ebay is a bit ridiculous though. . . . but hell if I had a few extra pairs I'd definitely try to turn a profit on them. . . . I know I'm not giving up the pair I've got.

Back to ebay idiots. . . . I've been trying to get a new pair of flak shoulder pads for a few months. There is a ebayer selling a pair of junior large. . . . I've been trying to contact this guy to find out exact sizing for a month, and he doesn't respond at all. He did respond once to only say "I don't have these on site and can't measure them" Makes me so angry!!!!

No, I think it is exactly that.

The reason why the size 4 are going so quickly (and so expensive) is because it fits teenagers/very small arms; people who did not grow up wearing Jofa.

I am not arguing that these pads are good or even excellent but are they so good that someone will pay $250 for them? I guess, an idiot would. that's the topic of the discussion.